Spring Garden-It's time for show and tell

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
this patch of jonquils(daffodils) just started blooming. It always means spring is around the corner. When I bought the property this patch stretched out hundreds of feet. When we tore down the farmhouse and rebuilt, the landscape was re-graded and covered up thousands of bulbs. I could probably thin it out considerably but we have so many around the yard already. There are several varieties mixed in there.

IMG_7202.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
IMG_7661.jpeg

It’s asparagus time! The purple variety will be ready to pick in a day or two. IMG_7681.jpeg

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
It’s that time of year again. Finally warm enough to start planting in KY. Lots of work ahead of us but this is a start.

12 yards of mulch delivered

IMG_7756.jpeg

One flower bed weeded and mulched today. Working on others.

IMG_7813.jpeg

IMG_7818.jpeg

Garden was tilled for the last time by @Seedy before we plant this week.

IMG_7810.jpeg

I’ve been collected Lowes clearance plants for the last month. They were all 50% off. They’ve had to be babied through the cold temps. Now it’s time to get them all planted in their pots and hung on the porches and driveway.

IMG_7788.jpeg

This stump was leftover from a storm. Since the center was hollow I decided to make it a planter. We will probably cut it down but for now I like it.

IMG_7811.jpeg

Last edited:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
That looks like way too much work

we hadn't really noticed but now that you mention it....

Leave Me Alone I Give Up GIF by THE NEXT STEP

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve posted this before, but every year I have a rose that seems lay low, completely dormant, having grown into a jasmine vine along a fence I have, only to get inspired each spring when the jasmine decides to bloom and produce a flower of its own. This is year eight of this occurrence and makes for a great picture.

1714357882492.jpeg

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
I’ve posted this before, but every year I have a rose that seems lay low, completely dormant, having grown into a jasmine vine along a fence I have, only to get inspired each spring when the jasmine decides to bloom and produce a flower of its own. This is year eight of this occurrence and makes for a great picture.

View attachment 69659
Love this but where are you azalea pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.