Spurrier speaks out on the play calling

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017

This right here. We failed to hold on to key players (Braun, Tarquin, White, Hopper.) We have yet to restock the OL and they are not recruiting well. It takes a while to develop a linemen compared to a skill player. One of them coaches has got to go to make room for new OC, Joe Brady.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
This right here. We failed to hold on to key players (Braun, Tarquin, White, Hopper.) We have yet to restock the OL and they are not recruiting well. I takes a while to develop a linemen compared to a skill player. One of them coaches has got to go to make room for new OC, Joe Brady.
Another one

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
We are going to need to push out more players this year to make room for the recruiting class. Hopefully we keep the folks we want.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018

Not unusual for a staff to come in and move out a few too many players. Surprised by this, not that he's doing well, but had such potential and was let leave.

Muschamp showed many the door only to have needed their help once his program butchery was underway.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Not unusual for a staff to come in and move out a few too many players. Surprised by this, not that he's doing well, but had such potential and was let leave.

Muschamp showed many the door to many only to have needed their help once his program butchery was underway.

It’s exactly what I predicted even going back to the transition class, but especially last year. You can’t stonewall recruits and let guys leave because they don’t buy in to your liking and/or force them out to make room, and then complain when a few injuries completely derail your season. Muschamp did that here. Strong did it at Texas. You know what Meyer did? He kept guys like Webb that rubbed him the wrong way and weren’t his “type”, figured out how to solve the Moss situation when he was trying to quit football, moved guys like Manson and Lewis around, etc., even if just to buy him a year until he could get his second class in. Because he couldn’t stand the idea of losing and knew he needed them.

I have no idea what happened with Braun, White or Tarquin, but my gut tells me we didn’t scratch and claw to keep them because they didn’t fit the culture.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, that's gonna happen... :facepalm:
It is
Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'd certainly take him, but it's important to note that without Joe Burrow, Joe Brady has been fired and run out of town on a rail on every other job he's had. Even Publix didn't keep him around as a stockboy.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They will have to get a couple of good ones out of the portal this year. (if they are in there).
We did well on the DL side but our OL talent level just isn't there.
Hopefully with all his program evaluation, Nape stops this send me your tape/slow play portal bull ****. Make the army of analysts dig up tape. He needs to fix this and attack the portal like they do high school recruiting. This should be change number three behind new OC and ST coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator