Steelers v Bengals

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dammit, he did it to me again.

OK, the one like in history. He clearly earned that one.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yes, the thug, "let's see if I can cover my entire body with tattoos", culture is definitely a positive for the NFL.

God forbid we call these pos players what they really are or try to address core issues within their culture. What a joke.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's ok sofla because, you know, they're big and strong and can run fast. So we as a culture will just overlook the fact that these guys are loser thugs and turn them into friggin heroes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It's ok sofla because, you know, they're big and strong and can run fast. So we as a culture will just overlook the fact that these guys are loser thugs and turn them into friggin heroes.

I'm fine with it. I don't care for either team. I just wonder when the tipping point occurs, when we realize this doesn't work.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fine with it. I don't care for either team. I just wonder when the tipping point occurs, when we realize this doesn't work.
I think the NFL may be heading for a reckoning sooner rather than later. This thug culture with the tats and the wife beating and all the other ugliness gets magnified with all the tweets, Facebook post, etc. Dog, killers, wife killers, friend killers etc all associated with the NFL. Concussion and brain injuries are already highlighted and will only continue to be put more into the limelight. I know it's a lot of stuff to talk about after one ugly game but IMO the announcers were right that the whole thing was a disgusting display from start to finish.

As for the Gators as far as I'm concerned they can start the cleanup process with us. I'd rather we turn into a team like Navy than cheer for a bunch of thugs who have no business being college students.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't matter what anyone says about Pacman and how's he cleaned it up he showed deep down he is still what he is. He hasn't changed one bit. Just shows the power of their personalities outweigh the main reason for them being there. And that's to be part of team and go for championships. I'm not a big Bengals but it sucks for coaches like Lewis and his staff that work their azzes off to only have things ruined by stupid players. Like many of the analyst said last night, you can coach it all you want. But they can't control what happens while the player is in between the white lines.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GrimyFamousHoverfly.gif

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There's a lot not to like about that game last evening...obviously the Burfect and Jones lack of discipline and self control, but also the fans for throwing debris at Rothliesberger as he was carted from the field. Reminded me more of a description of the Roman mobs at the Forum for the gladiatorial games. Also, it struck me as an ironic piece to this whole mess that Rothliesberger, an accused rapist, is lauded as both tragic figure and leader of the comeback! Two other weird pieces...the exchange early between Reggie Nelson and Steelers' coach Mike Munchac and Joey Porter, of all the members of the coaching staff, on the field to "check on the injured player!"

One day when the NFL is no more (hope not but it sure seems headed that way), footage from this game will likely be used to illustrate the decline and impending fall. Who do you blame? Roger Goodell? The team owners, many of whom treat the game like a snatch and grab for the $$$? The coaches for lack of player control? The players for having no control? The fans for underwriting it? Certainly there were many similar things throughout the history of the game, but there wasn't instant coverage, there were more honorable guys playing (very hard, mind you, and for much less money), and our blissful ignorance kept Sunday afternoons as a day we spent with our heroes. I wouldn't say that has been completely lost, but severely distorted. It is a far cry from the game of my youth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
There's a lot not to like about that game last evening...obviously the Burfect and Jones lack of discipline and self control, but also the fans for throwing debris at Rothliesberger as he was carted from the field. Reminded me more of a description of the Roman mobs at the Forum for the gladiatorial games. Also, it struck me as an ironic piece to this whole mess that Rothliesberger, an accused rapist, is lauded as both tragic figure and leader of the comeback! Two other weird pieces...the exchange early between Reggie Nelson and Steelers' coach Mike Munchac and Joey Porter, of all the members of the coaching staff, on the field to "check on the injured player!"

One day when the NFL is no more (hope not but it sure seems headed that way), footage from this game will likely be used to illustrate the decline and impending fall. Who do you blame? Roger Goodell? The team owners, many of whom treat the game like a snatch and grab for the $$$? The coaches for lack of player control? The players for having no control? The fans for underwriting it? Certainly there were many similar things throughout the history of the game, but there wasn't instant coverage, there were more honorable guys playing (very hard, mind you, and for much less money), and our blissful ignorance kept Sunday afternoons as a day we spent with our heroes. I wouldn't say that has been completely lost, but severely distorted. It is a far cry from the game of my youth.

It's pretty easy to see what's different. TV money. It all changed when the money got big.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It shows a lot about the Bungles. Andy Dalton wasnt available to lose the game for them, but several Bungles stepped up in his absence.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I would think that Burfect head-spear on Brown will be reviewed and earn Burfect
the severest penalty. Brown could have been paralyzed … as is, he may show delayed
symptoms of serious injury.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hate Pac Man, but the 2nd penalty was BS. The situation on the field was out of control on both sides. No punches were thrown.
442d1ba7a61cdce2c9960a9e36dd9804.jpg

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Gotta like, Gatorphan. How on earth did such current "crossover" relevance pop into that
head of yours ?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sanders is still a :kiffin:bag. Too bad he wasn't in Brown's place last night on that play. Rule says you can't go for the head. Well that's exactly where he hit him. And for not seeing the ball, really? No matter how much time has passed, Sander is still a DA.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Couldn't happen to two better guys, though. Mr. Sucker Punch himself Jeremy Hill fumbles, then Pacman Jones sets up the winning FG.
Astounding loss for the Bengals I mean Bungles. To lose that game like that is dumbfounding. Both teams are loaded with DB's.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with everything you guys are saying about the state of the NFL but I realize that the league reflects our society. There are no real rules or moral standards anymore. Anything goes especially if you provide some type of a benefit to me. We are inundated with ridiculous crap and told not to say anything.

The NFL is the American culture. Pretty sad

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.