Steve Sarkisian to replace Lane Kiffin as Alabama's offensive coordinator

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
No more guys associated with the elephants, they come here to destroy our program.
Trust me, Mike Locksley would be such an upgrade over Nuttpicker it's not even funny. He didn't come from the Saban tree. He's just sitting over there this season collecting a $50k paycheck until he gets a real job.

Locksley is the guy that got 5 stars like Stephen Diggs and Damien Prince to go to Maryland. He coached there under Ralph Freidgen and Randy Edsall along with James Franklin.

Zook hired Locksley here at UF in 2003-2004 because of his recruiting prowess and as RB coach he was instrumental in CF4's 1,000 yard season. He was here with Zaundrecher and Fedora. Zook took him to Illinois where he recruited Arrelious Benn and Rashard Mendenhall.

Last year he got 5 star QB Dwayne Haskins to commit to Maryland.

What would you guys give to have 5 star recruits and 1,000 yard rushers again?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trust me, Mike Locksley would be such an upgrade over Nuttpicker it's not even funny. He didn't come from the Saban tree. He's just sitting over there this season collecting a $50k paycheck until he gets a real job.

Locksley is the guy that got 5 stars like Stephen Diggs and Damien Prince to go to Maryland. He coached there under Ralph Freidgen and Randy Edsall along with James Franklin.

Zook hired Locksley here at UF in 2003-2004 because of his recruiting prowess and as RB coach he was instrumental in CF4's 1,000 yard season. He was here with Zaundrecher and Fedora. Zook took him to Illinois where he recruited Arrelious Benn and Rashard Mendenhall.

Last year he got 5 star QB Dwayne Haskins to commit to Maryland.

What would you guys give to have 5 star recruits and 1,000 yard rushers again?
A nut.... I just might be willing to give a nut.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Locksley also gives us an interim I can stomach once Butters the Donkey us fired.

Please dont tell me about how you want Randy Shannon as interim.

Offer him whatever it takes, make him TE and recruiting coordinator if nothing else.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just wondering, if a guy is a competent (Kiffin) or good (Sark, Locks) OC who goes on to fail as an HC, why does he suddenly become a bad OC?
Wasn't my point and I never said they weren't, or still aren't good OCs. Sark was drunk 80% of the time at UW and USC as their head coach and Kiffin's been a failure at HC whereever he goes. My point is, without Saban taking them under his wing, they'd still be struggling to find their way back into the good graces of college FB.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wasn't my point and I never said they weren't, or still aren't good OCs. Sark was drunk 80% of the time at UW and USC as their head coach and Kiffin's been a failure at HC whereever he goes. My point is, without Saban taking them under his wing, they'd still be struggling to find their way back into the good graces of college FB.

I'm not going to defend Lane Kiffin in anyway, however, I will say that this is a misnomer. He was certainly a failure as a 31 year old first time head coach w/ the Raiders, going 5-15. However, you could argue he worked for the biggest ******* in the NFL and was doomed for failure from the start.

However, he was only at Tennessee for one year and went 7-6 (after they went 5-7 the previous year) and showed improvement from what Dooley had done there. He then left for USC, who was put on probation. He coached w/ scholarship limits and other sanctions over his head, going 28-15 before he was fired. He more or less "lost the team" and the AD lost confidence in him. But, again, he was 36 years old. He wasn't ready for that type of job....at Oakland, Tennessee, or USC. He's coached for three years under the best CFB CEO/Coach in the history of the game. I agree w/ you that Saban saved these guys.....and I think he did the same w/ Locksley.

My only issue is that the only Saban-tree coach, so far, to have great success that is Fisher. Muschamp failed, Dooley failed, Bobby Williams failed, McElwain is failing, jury is still out on Smart. But honestly, getting Locksley would be a huge upgrade for us...especially when it comes to recruiting.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin is a douche. He has always been a douche. He will always be a douche. No amount of "experience" or "life lessons" is going to change that. If he somehow finds success somewhere, I guarantee it will be fleeting.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Smart has UGA at no.3 recruiting wise, that's where it starts. In all honestly, they will probably be the team that challenges Bama in the next few years all while sweeping the floor with us.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Smart has UGA at no.3 recruiting wise, that's where it starts. In all honestly, they will probably be the team that challenges Bama in the next few years all while sweeping the floor with us.
Challenge Bama? I think you mean they'll be the sacrificial lamb or tallest midget in the the Easy...errr East.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Getting fired by Al Davis, and being called the biggest liar on the planet by him, and getting tossed off the plane and left on the tarmac by USC is pretty much failing as an HC.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Kiffin's main problem is he still runs around acting like he is some college kid himself trying to bang everything in site if what people say on some of these sports radio shows have any truth at all to them. It sounds like with what he did non football wise it was better for him not to even go to somewhere as close as LSU to be the OC and made Houston not want to hire him when they heard about the stuff.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Getting fired by Al Davis, and being called the biggest liar on the planet by him, and getting tossed off the plane and left on the tarmac by USC is pretty much failing as an HC.
I still remember Tom Coughlin saying he hired Lane as a Quality Control assistant with the Jaguars as a favor for Monte. He said Lane was the laziest piece of crap he had ever seen and didn't do anything. He sent him packing from there too.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not going to defend Lane Kiffin in anyway, however, I will say that this is a misnomer. He was certainly a failure as a 31 year old first time head coach w/ the Raiders, going 5-15. However, you could argue he worked for the biggest ******* in the NFL and was doomed for failure from the start.

However, he was only at Tennessee for one year and went 7-6 (after they went 5-7 the previous year) and showed improvement from what Dooley had done there. He then left for USC, who was put on probation. He coached w/ scholarship limits and other sanctions over his head, going 28-15 before he was fired. He more or less "lost the team" and the AD lost confidence in him. But, again, he was 36 years old. He wasn't ready for that type of job....at Oakland, Tennessee, or USC. He's coached for three years under the best CFB CEO/Coach in the history of the game. I agree w/ you that Saban saved these guys.....and I think he did the same w/ Locksley.

Timeline is a little off Dooley followed Kiffin, they wanted a safe hire after Kiffin left after a year. Lets not forget that most of the coaches he saves, are from the same sport agency representing him.

Last edited:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
First photo of Sark minutes after accepting his new position with Bama:
wasted-guys.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.