Still Ranked (barely)

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Recruits.

Recruits don't care about the polls in week 2... they care about the polls in week 13. Those are the ones that matter. Being in the top 25 now doesn't mean a thing. Our performance on the field will take care of our ranking one way or the other.

If we play well beat UK and UT then we will be ranked fine and recruits will be happy.

If we struggle against UK or lose and lose to UT then recruits will see that. Play on the field means a lot more than rankings at this point.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The very idea of ranking teams this early in the season is beyond stupid.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
jeezus, falling out of the AP even before teams that lost.

if this slap in the face doesn't get these coaches and players frosty, nothing will.

and if they s**t the bed vs UK we're looking at an abysmal road ahead for this young team and a long time looking up at others' success for the program and fans.

i need to get some retro gear to celebrate the seven and eight win seasons we may start racking up here in the near future.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If you listen to the players, we were gonna have a huge season and ball out, they've been all over social media felating each other about it. To me that tells me everything I need to know about why we looked the way we did Saturday night. Bunch of these kids think they are just gonna show up and ball out; didn't see a dang bit of discipline, focus, or pride on that team except for eddy.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm glad we went unranked in the AP. Hopefully that will get their heads out of their butts and focus on getting better.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The problem is we shouldn't have been ranked to begin with. THAT (what we saw Saturday night) is not a top 25 team!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah I'm not worried too much about the team being ranked. They don't deserve it. They need to look a lot better than that. I'm more worried about how we're going to look this weekend.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If you listen to the players, we were gonna have a huge season and ball out, they've been all over social media felating each other about it. To me that tells me everything I need to know about why we looked the way we did Saturday night. Bunch of these kids think they are just gonna show up and ball out; didn't see a dang bit of discipline, focus, or pride on that team except for eddy.

I agree... we are still a young team and I think some of the kids got over confident. Maybe this will get them focused. This weekend will tell us a lot.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Being ranked 25 and $7.00 might buy you a coffee..

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator