Story on Trask (Law won't like this)

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just read the article and this jumped out at me:
“We beat Houston Baptist, or somebody on this guy?” McElwain said of Trask. “It goes back to what we expected. Are we surprised the way Kyle has played? No. We saw those things when he kept coming back to camp, putting him in situations.
Mac's quote sounds suspiciously like the title of the HOF thread, "UF beats out Houston Baptist to land High School backup QB". Hmmmmm. Do Gator coaches read the GCMB to see what the fans are talking about? Sometimes I wonder.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that Franks will be the starting QB (for Blinn Jr College) in 2017.

That's because Trask will get reps this year and be the backup in 2017 with Jake Allen as the 3rd string / redshirt.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I believe that Franks will be the starting QB (for Blinn Jr College) in 2017.

That's because Trask will get reps this year and be the backup in 2017 with Jake Allen as the 3rd string / redshirt.

I think that he will end up being a monster tight end for us similar to Cornelius Ingram or Jordan Reed.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
I think that he will end up being a monster tight end for us similar to Cornelius Ingram or Jordan Reed.

Ingram and Reed didn't have the NFL arm Trask has. Nobody knows the future. Happily it doesn't cost more to be optimistic.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nice article. I don't know how you could not be rooting for this kid. I don't know how he will translate, but I would love for him to be a NFL level QB. That would mean good things for us.

When they do the 30 on 30 will they be covering all of Law's posts?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Well now. His coach put Trask in on the 3rd and 7th series no matter what the score. Thus Trask
earned his stats just like he was a starter, playing with the full compliment of first stringers.
Those stats : 2 seasons ... 1,545 yds ... 16 TDs ... 0 INTs. 6'5", 222 lbs. It would be interesting
to find how many total minutes he achieved those stats in.
There are no discouraging words from
coaches H.S. and UF. Isn't that the only valid information Trask can be judged by ? at this point ?

I added the bold to point out it is not minutes but plays that matter for those stats. How many plays he used up would be quite interesting. Also his stats by quarter would be quite revealing too.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I just read the article and this jumped out at me:

Mac's quote sounds suspiciously like the title of the HOF thread, "UF beats out Houston Baptist to land High School backup QB". Hmmmmm. Do Gator coaches read the GCMB to see what the fans are talking about? Sometimes I wonder.
I was thinking the same thing!

It was a great read on him, and I personally hope that there is a 30 30 on him someday about how a 2 star went to become a NC winning QB.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
trash-symbol.jpg

Mac was real happy that Eddie Kickem and Trash figured how to put on their gear without too much help. Not that Trash will ever need that helmet.

This is just a rehash of the Jalen likes Trash' balls stories from three months ago.

Shocking stuff from Law here...

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I hope we get a coaching staff that doesnt have to rely on QBs who couldnt get an offer at Alabama State and linemen we stole from FAU.....

But that is just me.

Two words: Jake. Allen.

(And Felipe Franks...so 5 words actually).

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I want Franks to be the future at UF. I just don't think he will be. He is too far behind. The future at QB will be LDR, Trask or Allen.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You would think Law, a 2 star poster, would stick up for Trask, a 2 star QB....

:grin:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I hope we get a coaching staff that doesnt have to rely on QBs who couldnt get an offer at Alabama State and linemen we stole from FAU.....

But that is just me.

So, you didn't actually READ the story...

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I'd like to see a little more diversity in the QB position; I wonder when Treon will return to give Trask some real competition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator