Strange call last night

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well I never. Trapped by hurricane weather years back, I decided to rewrite a few famous quotes to
clarify the message. Figure it out.?

"Waft as a chrysalis graduate.
Prickle akin to an apiary lodger."

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the game but got home prior to the play in question and saw it on TV. It really was not that close of a play and the 1st baseman's foot clearly touched the bag. After thinking about it, I believe that the 1st base umpire thought the 1st baseman tossed the ball to the pitcher and that the pitcher's foot never contacted the base. I think the ump got confused. You would hate to see such an obvious call ever cost a team if a game is close like that.

As hard as it is to believe, this is exactly what happened. I watched the replay several times and this is the only logical explanation, although still hard to believe he missed it.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Well I never. Trapped by hurricane weather years back, I decided to rewrite a few famous quotes to
clarify the message. Figure it out.?

"Waft as a chrysalis graduate.
Prickle akin to an apiary lodger."

Float like a butterfly ... sting like a wasp?

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
If there is another baseball fan on here, do you understand why the ump missed the first base call last night? The play was close and if the official was not in position to see the fielder step on the bag, then he wasn't in position to imagine that he missed.

AR...when I first saw the title I thought I'd have to come back with ..."AND IT'S COMING FROM INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!"

And then I thought... yeah, no ...that wouldn't work

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As hard as it is to believe, this is exactly what happened. I watched the replay several times and this is the only logical explanation, although still hard to believe he missed it.
I watched it over and over and one camera view it looked liked the foot came down beside the bag. But from the lack of signal from the ump, I think that he lost track of who had the ball.

That should have made Top Ten Non-plays on SC. :bwahaha:

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
If there is another baseball fan on here, do you understand why the ump missed the first base call last night? The play was close and if the official was not in position to see the fielder step on the bag, then he wasn't in position to imagine that he missed.

All I can think is he was probably hired by the same NCAA nitwit that apparently is going to let Will Grier's six game suspension run concurrent with his one year transfer sit out penalty at WVA for the sole purpose of fvking the Gators over.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
All I can think is he was probably hired by the same NCAA nitwit that apparently is going to let Will Grier's six game suspension run concurrent with his one year transfer sit out penalty at WVA for the sole purpose of fvking the Gators over.
Now, now. Paranoia doesn't become us Gators.

Gator-Don

The Master of Sparks and Fire
Lifetime Member
Jun 1, 2016
Good to have you, Don.

We have new members joining like crazy.
Thanks so much. I'm really enjoying the posts and the moderating over here.

My wife and I are die hard Gators and Lifetime Alumni Association members since 1990. No troll here.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks so much. I'm really enjoying the posts and the moderating over here.

My wife and I are die hard Gators and Lifetime Alumni Association members since 1990. No troll here.
Welcome aboard. We're a dysfunctional bunch, but we're like a family and we'd love to have you jump right in!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The guy was standing right there but still missed the call. Those kind of bozo calls cost games all the time. IMO there is nothing worse that bad officiating, except corrupt officiating like that group of refs that hosed us against the Criminoles in the Swamp. They should not have escaped alive.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The guy was standing right there but still missed the call. Those kind of bozo calls cost games all the time. IMO there is nothing worse that bad officiating, except corrupt officiating like that group of refs that hosed us against the Criminoles in the Swamp. They should not have escaped alive.

Lest anyone forget, it was Jack Childress and his crew.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Lest anyone forget, it was Jack Childress and his crew.

In hindsight that game, and the crooked referees, was a blessing.
1. Winning that game may have extended Zook's tenure which would not have been a good thing for UF long term
2. That game was cited as the primary driver of bringing replay into college football.

Although I am still sickened by the game, in the long run it was a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.