Strategy with Emory Jones moving forward

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Recall he threw a perfect strike that would have been a TD but for a heads up PI by the mutt defender.

I do recall that. Also recall Toney was a QB in high school and has thrown a few nice passes for us on trick plays. I think Toney could’ve thrown that same pass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand some posters logic saying EJ should play in the bowl game like it is some kind of audition....fug that....we should be trying to win our bowl game at all cost..
MOST of us think that EJ is the better Qb who gives us the best chance and wish he had been playing since October.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, I agree here - Toney could have done the very same thing that Emory did in that game. So why did we waste him that day?

I think what everyone is forgetting is the Trask injury. Him getting injured changed up the "plan" for EJ.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think what everyone is forgetting is the Trask injury. Him getting injured changed up the "plan" for EJ.

Bingo! Injuries can't be planned for.

Even so, I'm with the group that thinks EJ is the Future.

BTW: Why does everyone think he won't be here for 5 years? He doesn't look like a 1st rounder to me.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In theory, with Mullen, we should be adding his offense ready type quality QBs moving forward... what's the frantic concern, looks like EJ is getting the position grooming he deserves without coaching head tricks. Good game opponent for him to work real time sustained, but we play Franks under 'Nole conditions. Down on their luck or not, they cheat enough and that dump can get some bad Mo flowing our way. Dude's brought us this far. I'm hoping we show them a lesson in the ground game. Franks shows up looking like the game is too big for him or giving a Pick Clinic, at least EJ had a chance to get the jitters worked out with some success today. I feel much better now if we have to call the bull pen.
Go Gators!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
BTW: Why does everyone think he won't be here for 5 years? He doesn't look like a 1st rounder to me.
when did 1st round become the standard? we've had people leave to go to the arena league.

remind me the last quarterback we've had that stayed five years.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
when did 1st round become the standard? we've had people leave to go to the arena league.

remind me the last quarterback we've had that stayed five years.

You're right. The updated transfer rules have in effect created a collegiate free-agent market, and with it a new mindset that feeds on the sense of urgency that you have to be assured of playing now, not later.

It's sad and potentially dangerous to the college game, but it is what it is.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's been obvious for some time that Mullen's been angling to use up EJ's full eligibility of games without sacrificing the redshirt. I'm in agreement with the thinking. EJ's gotten useful reps and an extra year, FF is happy, the team chemistry is intact and we're 8-3. Not much there to be unhappy about.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Yes, I agree here - Toney could have done the very same thing that Emory did in that game. So why did we waste him that day?

Respectfully disagree. EJ threw a nice long ball to Jefferson that might have been a TD but for purposeful pass inteference by Georgia db. Doubt Toney could have thrown that pass.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I do recall that. Also recall Toney was a QB in high school and has thrown a few nice passes for us on trick plays. I think Toney could’ve thrown that same pass.

Toney doesn't have the gun of an arm EJ has nor the accuracy. Just an opinion on my part: Toney doesn't make the same pass.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's been obvious for some time that Mullen's been angling to use up EJ's full eligibility of games without sacrificing the redshirt. I'm in agreement with the thinking. EJ's gotten useful reps and an extra year, FF is happy, the team chemistry is intact and we're 8-3. Not much there to be unhappy about.
8-3 is nice, I expected 7-5 this year, but losing to Kintucky and Methzu is frustrating after beating Corndogs and Cowbell.

We are not a QB away from making the next steps however.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
8-3 is nice, I expected 7-5 this year, but losing to Kintucky and Methzu is frustrating after beating Corndogs and Cowbell.

We are not a QB away from making the next steps however.

No, not at all. We have a number of gaps to fill, but I like how our head coach is leading us into the future. I'll like it even more if it includes a sizable jump on NSD.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who thought our starting QB would go the distance against Idaho should try a different sport to watch from now on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I like it if it includes a sizeable jump and likely hiring several new recruiters.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You wonder sometimes about people's allegiance to others.
Wut?

You have to be willfully ignorant to lok lt this Butterslike recruiting class and not realize something is terribly wrong.

I have no allegiance in particularly the Vole trash we added to our staff, especially when the DB play looks just as incompetent as it gets at UT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator