Stricklin the next TAMU AD?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just can't see Scotty in Texas, not a good fit
TOS are all over this. They say it has some legs. I don’t think anything has been said that he’s been pursued yet, but he is at the top of their list.

Also, I saw a post over there that said the AD does not hire coaches there. Which I thought was a little weird. But if that’s the case, it would be right in his wheelhouse. Because he sucks at hiring coaches.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
TOS are all over this. They say it has some legs. I don’t think anything has been said that he’s been pursued yet, but he is at the top of their list.

Also, I saw a post over there that said the AD does not hire coaches there. Which I thought was a little weird. But if that’s the case, it would be right in his wheelhouse. Because he sucks at hiring coaches.
Not to mention he escapes the embarrassment of the axe when / if Tater gets canned.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

this is the end GIF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Steve Austin Celebration GIF

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Just as long as FOOLEY is not in charge of hiring the new AD or in any way has anything to do with the search, hire, working with, and GOD FORBID, he decide to operate as the interim or come out of retirement.

Did I mention that I wouldn't want Foley anywhere near this?

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Just as long as FOOLEY is not in charge of hiring the new AD or in any way has anything to do with the search, hire, working with, and GOD FORBID, he decide to operate as the interim or come out of retirement.

This. 1000x this.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I have heard that about their AD as well, which is why he is being pursued as a good fit. His best quality, fund raising. He would actually excel in that there.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I have heard that about their AD as well, which is why he is being pursued as a good fit. His best quality, fund raising. He would actually excel in that there.
Far be it from me to be selfish here. I think we all need to do the right thing and wish him well on his new job. I even volunteer to help him move.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The thought gives me chills, but I'm pretty sure Big Oil can afford better than our trash.
Absolutely. Look at the ATM recent history in sports relative to UF (both Strichnine and Fooley). Whether you thought or liked their hires in the recent past, there is no arguing that they were aggressive. Dumbo was an aggressive hire, Buzz Williams was a very aggressive hire in men's basketball and they jettisoned a well respected baseball coach and hired an even bigger name from down the road at TCU. They practically built a brand new football stadium. We put in lights and I still have to wade thru urine just to take my own piss. Somehow the ATM money would not seem to mesh well with the Fooley/Strichnine method of plucking coaches from the Southland conference or the MEAC.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

This point cannot be overstated. Nothing changes as long as Horseface is in the building.

When we (okay maybe it was just me) asked for the program to be blown up two years ago, I was assuming that the two-headed screw up monster was out as well. Dumb and Dumber will never fix the problem because they are the problem.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014

At OSU, or AnM? Because Bjork just fired Jimbo... I thought Bjork's presser was awesome and what an AD should sound like, and it was clear that he went to the Board of Trustees (or whatever their equivalent is) and said, "he's gotta go".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator