Super Bowl LVIII: San Francisco vs. Kansas City

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
But he was 8 for 8. Carved them up slice by slice.

Yes he was. But most of these, including the game winner, were short little flicks. There was even a backhand flick. I'm not trying to take anything away from him. The great ones find a way in the pivotal moments. Mahomes certainly did last night.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mahomes was terrible in the 2nd quarter and the 9ers should have pulled away. Kc tried to lose the game in the 2nd. Fumbles, an int...and SF said "no thanks."

Yep. Romo talked about him being flustered by the Niners' rush. OT doesn't happen if the flipping kicker makes the PAT.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yes he was. But most of these, including the game winner, were short little flicks. There was even a backhand flick. I'm not trying to take anything away from him. The great ones find a way in the pivotal moments. Mahomes certainly did last night.
It's what the 49ers were giving him all night. I give him credit for taking it all the way to a win in OT.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Yep. Romo talked about him being flustered by the Niners' rush. OT doesn't happen if the flipping kicker makes the PAT.
Looked very similar to what the bucs did to him in 2020. Game should have been out of reach at the half.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The new Reid sends his gratitude for the quarterback he never had as the old Reid. Mahomes willed his team to a title.
He’s Jordan-esque in his talent+work ethic+effect on his teammates. Every guy on that team knows that they just need to give him a chance. KC out-rushed SF in total yards and YPC - thanks to Mahomes.

Full team win too. Blocked XP, crucial 3rd down stops, blanket coverage at the end.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He’s Jordan-esque in his talent+work ethic+effect on his teammates. Every guy on that team knows that they just need to give him a chance. KC out-rushed SF in total yards and YPC - thanks to Mahomes.

Full team win too. Blocked XP, crucial 3rd down stops, blanket coverage at the end.

His body language is different than all the other QBs. It says I'm in control, this is what we're going to do. And if you think you can stop me, just wait and see what I do next. He's unstoppable.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
OT also doesn’t happen if Mahomes sees Rice wide open in middle of the end zone when he tried to hit Kelce on that last 3rd down in regulation.

SF needed just one more play. It was a great game.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OT also doesn’t happen if Mahomes sees Rice wide open in middle of the end zone when he tried to hit Kelce on that last 3rd down in regulation.

SF needed just one more play. It was a great game.

True. Man, did he go after Rice on the sideline for complaining about it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This was the worst Chiefs team Mahomes has won a SB with - they had no business winning it all, really. I think they are going to add some weapons for him in the offseason, and are going to be a better team next year.

He's a guy that's going to hog all the championships like Tom Brady did.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Ox... it was definitely rigged. Didn't you see how well that muffed punt on the ankle was executed? Clearly had been practiced. Fake reactions from both players on both sidelines the entire game. They're all working for Swift and Soros.
It hit the ankle and went back and to the left, back and to the left… that was one magic football!
c18dffb7-3f63-4e43-9348-1abf269f93b4_text.gif

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
True. Man, did he go after Rice on the sideline for complaining about it.
Probably saying, “Yeah? And WTF would everyone be saying if you had caught it, only got to the 2 or 1 yard line, been wrapped up without going down, and the clock ran out before we could call the time out?”

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good game, for a change.

Don't support either team so I'm not invested with the outcome but Chiefs seem like a team of Destiny..... until PM gets hurt.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mahomes was terrible in the 2nd quarter and the 9ers should have pulled away. Kc tried to lose the game in the 2nd. Fumbles, an int...and SF said "no thanks."
I'm giving a little credit to Chris Jones. That dude is a monster, plus he had tears in his eyes for the national anthem. What's not to like?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm giving a little credit to Chris Jones. That dude is a monster, plus he had tears in his eyes for the national anthem. What's not to like?

He's the best 3-tech in the league. Edge is the sexy DL position but 3-tech is the one that can consistently wreak havoc, and he did.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The new Reid sends his gratitude for the quarterback he never had as the old Reid. Mahomes willed his team to a title.

Mahomes is obviously better than McNabb, but he had a solid QB and team in Philly. And I wouldn’t expect 3 rings, but I don’t think it would be out of the question that one of those teams from ‘01-09 could’ve grabbed one. You don’t need Mahomes to best opposing QBs like Delhome and Brad Johnson. Those were choked games, nothing more. And it started with him.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Mahomes is obviously better than McNabb, but he had a solid QB and team in Philly. And I wouldn’t expect 3 rings, but I don’t think it would be out of the question that one of those teams from ‘01-09 could’ve grabbed one. You don’t need Mahomes to best opposing QBs like Delhome and Brad Johnson. Those were choked games, nothing more. And it started with him.

I saw parts of the Tampa Bay win that helped launch their SB run but I don't specifically recall the playcalling by Reid you're referring to. I'm sure he's grown in that area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.