Super Bowl LVIII: San Francisco vs. Kansas City

Spurffelbow833

Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2020

Now the greatest golfer ever, IMO. But why get upset? Nobody cares if WWE is on Peacock. The NFL, like WWE, is sports entertainment and under no obligation to deliver a fair outcome as long as it is only the NFL itself and not any outside gambling interests creating storylines and fixing games. This has been ruled in a court of law. And yes, silly stuff like a hundred shots of Taylor Swift at a game are part of it. How many more guys got to watch the Chiefs because their wives, girlfriends, and daughters suddenly took an interest?

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
The league has committed itself to experiment with streaming as a way to draw in younger, more digitally conscious viewers.
BAH! Screw those younger digital consciously woke moronic nerd viewers who need to "stream" something for extra $ and still have to watch THE STOOPIDest commercials in all of history. They stand on the shoulders of our greatness! In my day, we had to put aluminum foil on the rabbit ears to get better reception, and we had to walk 9 feet through shag carpet--and back again (uphill both ways) to change the channel.
1705254934603.png

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL was paid $110m by NBC Universal to allow the game to be streamed on Peacock. The league has committed itself to experiment with streaming as a way to draw in younger, more digitally conscious viewers. Unlike Amazon, which has a free workaround and has drawn decent numbers, last night's game was pay or else -- and the viewer numbers will probably show it.
I think we all can see where the NFL and subsequently the NCAA are headed with a lot of these important games eventually. Essentially PPV if you’re not already subscribed to that particular streaming service.

Paramount which is owned by cbs/Viacom is about to go belly up already. Peacock /NBC isn’t doing much better…Disney/abc is struggling to,figure it,all out also even with owning ESPN.

The general public will wind up footing the bill one way or the other….Congress will just be holding out their hand for PAC money and gobs of it as usual.

wrpgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2019
I think we all can see where the NFL and subsequently the NCAA are headed with a lot of these important games eventually. Essentially PPV if you’re not already subscribed to that particular streaming service.

Paramount which is owned by cbs/Viacom is about to go belly up already. Peacock /NBC isn’t doing much better…Disney/abc is struggling to,figure it,all out also even with owning ESPN.

The general public will wind up footing the bill one way or the other….Congress will just be holding out their hand for PAC money and gobs of it as usual.
They, along with the NFL, are going to "exclusive" themselves right out of general, household name existence. Just like boxing did with PPV. How many 11 year olds these days know who the heavyweight champion of the world is?

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014

It would be so easy to stop this. Tell them no and don't watch the game. Let them stream it and have no one tune in. But people need their football and are willing to pay

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
They, along with the NFL, are going to "exclusive" themselves right out of general, household name existence. Just like boxing did with PPV. How many 11 year olds these days know who the heavyweight champion of the world is?
I don't even know. And they'll be just fine. People will pay unfortunately.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The NFL has been streaming games for two years on Thursday night, the experiment has already been proven successful for them. I didn't pay for the game Saturday night, but I'm sure a lot of new subscribers did, just to discontinue it this week (or just using the free 2 weeks). It was always just a matter of time.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Had I had to pay to watch that shyt show in Dallas yesterday my house would have looked like this

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.