maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
we suck again GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Put me in the camp that I love seeing the olinemen come to bat for their qb. They knew they'd miss a game for it. Says alot about their relationship with Mertz

I’m in the camp that whether you like it, hate it, agree with it or don’t, this very scene would unfold the exact same way 100% of the time with 100% of teams. These are the guys you’ve been battling all night, being scratched and bruised in close combat, and now they finish the game by taking a shot at your conceding QB? I’d rather not see the game end on that note(Barber had a little more balanced response), but it obviously starts with a handful of bad ut players. Players reacting in defense is completely understandable.

Last edited:

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Napier addressed this fact in his press conference today. He even mentioned that some of his staff might have consequences as well. We are definitely fortunate this did not occur before we play and SEC opponent. It wasn't a good look for sure, but at least Napier did not show up to the post-game presser dressed as Darth Vader.

View attachment 62006

Now we just need him to stop going to them dressed as Karl

IMG_0769.jpeg

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I’m in the camp that whether you like it, hate it, agree with it or don’t, this very scene would unfold the exact same way 100% of the time with 100% of teams. These are the guys you’ve been battling all night, being scratched and bruised in close combat, and now they finish the game by taking a shot at your conceding QB? I’d rather not see the game end on that note(Barber had a little note balanced response), but it obviously starts with a handful of bad ut players. Players reacting in defense is completely understandable.
Right on! It was not thuggery. That was their house. Proud Gators.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I'm glad to see the OL stand up for their QB. Says a lot about the team chemistry. And maybe a little bit of, "you don't do that $hit in our house!"

But don't kid yourselves, if we were play Ugly next week, many of you would be calling Napier out for running an undisciplined team.

I understand why it happened, but I don't want to see it again.

At least trot some of the backups out to trade blows while the first stringers watch and critique. Teaching moment.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I was going to say Fulmer 2.0 should have been suspended for calling the stupid timeout in the first place.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was going to say Fulmer 2.0 should have been suspended for calling the stupid timeout in the first place.
He burned 2 TOs on their first possession in the 2nd half and saved his 3rd for that moment.

Animated GIF

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Ah, the ol’ “suspend them vs the HS opponent so I look like a disciplinarian” trick. Bravo.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Players should be allowed to fight at any point during the game. Suspensions can be issued for interference by another player . If
it can be done honorably in hockey it can on the gridiron as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Players should be allowed to fight at any point during the game. Suspensions can be issued for interference by another player . If
it can be done honorably in hockey it can on the gridiron as well.
Haven’t heard a Napier death threat from you in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator