Swamp Donkey, how about these transfer QBs?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
@Swamp Donkey since we’re calling out people in thread titles for exceedingly stupid takes, I thought you deserved your own based on transfers. 3 of the 5 P5 conference championships are almost guaranteed to be won by transfer QBs. You could argue that outside of TRASK our best players have been transfers. When are you going to man up and admit you were wrong on the accepting transfers - especially QBs - is not only a viable recruiting strategy but a potentially very good strategy? Burrow is more mobile than Trask and every bit as accurate - can you imagine our offense with him?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
:lmao2:

Bro, its Dwag tears day. Enjoy it.

Burro looked like shyt running CUM ball. Or at LSU last year. No doubt it would have been tue same here running the option.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
:lmao2:

Bro, its Dwag tears day. Enjoy it.
Oh I am. I love watching their recruited and groomed QB flail like a moron while transfer QBs light it up - including one they sent packing in favor of the chosen one. UGA had a chance to move to a mobile QB who’s every bit as accurate as Fromm but decided to stay backwards. They might’ve had a chance in this game with Fields but nope.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Oh I am. I love watching their recruited and groomed QB flail like a moron while transfer QBs light it up - including one they sent packing in favor of the chosen one. UGA had a chance to move to a mobile QB who’s every bit as accurate as Fromm but decided to stay backwards. They might’ve had a chance in this game with Fields but nope.
Yeah, but Fromm has douche bag bangs.

A requirement in Jawja.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
FTR, I admire the fact that you double down when you’re wrong.
Nah, it's called odds. There have been about 50 of these, none that Mullinz wanted, you worship him right, and one that worked out but only when he got the right play caller.

We saw what he was like running CUM/Mullinz ball, and it sucked.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Nah, it's called odds. There have been about 50 of these, none that Mullinz wanted, you worship him right, and one that worked out but only when he got the right play caller.

We saw what he was like running CUM/Mullinz ball, and it sucked.
If we had snatched Fields or Burrow, we’re a better team today. Maybe even Hurts. This year’s QB market isn’t as good but I bet Kentucky is happy with their catch. Newton was another transfer type QB that Mullen wanted and he panned out.

Other positions have even more potential as there are more guys available. Shorts from PSU looks good at WR. Would be a nice get. We’ve had three high impact guys and another (Shuler) who contributes. Transfer market isn’t just a better version of JUCO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we had snatched Fields or Burrow, we’re a better team today. .
Jeesus. None of those guys wants to run Mullin ball, and Burrow in particular looked like shyt, worse than Franks trying to do it.

Plus none of those guys can manage to defend a third and long. You are drunk as always if you think they fix what is wrong with us.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Ok lets take a closer and more rational look at this scenario.
Does the transfer QB work in today's CFB game?
Due to more liberal transfer rules over the last 2 years.....Maybe.

It WON'T work when offenses are hamstrung by poor offensive design and playcalling.

It CAN work when playcalling and design are a fit for that particular transfer QB.

It will fail in ALL certainty if the program the QB transfers to HAS NOT recruited 8-10 4&5 star rated LOS players along with half a dozen 4&5 star rated skill position players and another 3-4 4&5 star rated DB/LB...…….EVERY YEAR...….FOR AT LEAST 3 OR MORE YEARS....

Just pointing out something the OP conveniently leaves out when he uses the whole "3 out of 5 Power 5 CC".....

You win nothing WITHOUT a 3-4 year cycle of recruiting AT TOP level....nothing.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Jeesus. None of those guys wants to run Mullin ball, and Burrow in particular looked like shyt, worse than Franks trying to do it.

Plus none of those guys can manage to defend a third and long. You are drunk as always if you think they fix what is wrong with us.

Last I looked Mullen ball was passing 70% of downs.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Ok lets take a closer and more rational look at this scenario.
Does the transfer QB work in today's CFB game?
Due to more liberal transfer rules over the last 2 years.....Maybe.

It WON'T work when offenses are hamstrung by poor offensive design and playcalling.

It CAN work when playcalling and design are a fit for that particular transfer QB.

It will fail in ALL certainty if the program the QB transfers to HAS NOT recruited 8-10 4&5 star rated LOS players along with half a dozen 4&5 star rated skill position players and another 3-4 4&5 star rated DB/LB...…….EVERY YEAR...….FOR AT LEAST 3 OR MORE YEARS....

Just pointing out something the OP conveniently leaves out when he uses the whole "3 out of 5 Power 5 CC".....

You win nothing WITHOUT a 3-4 year cycle of recruiting AT TOP level....nothing.
Don’t engage when the adults are talking. This has nothing to do with Bert.

The point of the thread was to address Donk’s disdain for transfer QBs. That’s it. Of course the situation has to be good for them to win but that’s not the point - they work out and in today’s game they work out increasingly so.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018

What’s Mullen ball? Looked like a ton of passing this year, balanced last year. Almost like it fits the players. It’s always funny to me how you bray the same nonsensical crap like it’s true.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What’s Mullen ball? Looked like a ton of passing this year, balanced last year. Almost like it fits the players. It’s always funny to me how you bray the same nonsensical crap like it’s true.
50- 80% option.

Mullen finally figured out in mid-november that the run didn't work so that skewed it a little bit. ironically he was forced to give up he is game plan but he did not go easy.

honestly you look really stupid if you think he doesn't have a playbook, same playbook he's always had.

it's no different for Spurrier or anyone else although some people have play books that actually work.

They all have playbooks, have things that they do and don't do that's why teams have dozens of staffers watching their game film to predict what they'll do next time.

Again, remind me the last time a quarterback wanted to transfer into Mullen ball. he's been a coach now for a long time.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Don’t engage when the adults are talking.
You're speaking to someone who was studying the finer parts of CFB when you were pissing in your diaper, boy.….
It wouldn't matter if Joe Freakin Montana was your transfer if you hadn't been recruiting properly over the past 3 years or so.....

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
50- 80% option.

Mullen finally figured out in mid-november that the run didn't work so that skewed it a little bit. ironically he was forced to give up he is game plan but he did not go easy.

honestly you look really stupid if you think he doesn't have a playbook, same playbook he's always had.

it's no different for Spurrier or anyone else although some people have play books that actually work.

They all have playbooks, have things that they do and don't do that's why teams have dozens of staffers watching their game film to predict what they'll do next time.

Again, remind me the last time a quarterback wanted to transfer into Mullen ball. he's been a coach now for a long time.
Many teams base their offense out of the read option. Point is... he’s adapted his playcalling significantly throughout the course of the season and would do so for any QB. It didn’t start in November- it started the 4Q of Kentucky. The game plan has not been the same for Trask as franks and continued to change throughout the season.

My guess is that we see even more change next season as Hev has an offseason to adjust blocking schemes. Might even find a running game. Or we’ll use EJ and the blocking will improve significantly as the defense has a runner to account for.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You're speaking to someone who was studying the finer parts of CFB when you were pissing in your diaper, boy.….
It wouldn't matter if Joe Freakin Montana was your transfer if you hadn't been recruiting properly over the past 3 years or so.....
No doubt that you’ve seen more ball than I have but I’m not neck deep in dementia so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.