Taggart trying to kill people in workouts

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
According to Greif, players were put through a series of workouts described by multiple sources as resembling military basic training, with one particular workout including up to an hour of non-stop pushups and up-downs. Players were reported to have "passed out" during the sessions.
Sounds like fun.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Stupidity. Rhabdo can lead to kidney failure and sometimes death. What part of todays game with all the TV timeouts and replays requires the kind of conditioning one might get from doing pushups and up-downs for an hour? Just take steroids like Bama does and you don't need no freaking workout.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Stupidity. Rhabdo can lead to kidney failure and sometimes death. What part of todays game with all the TV timeouts and replays requires the kind of conditioning one might get from doing pushups and up-downs for an hour? Just take steroids like Bama does and you don't need no freaking workout.

maybe when he showed up he found out that Oregon was an undisciplined, and soft team, leading to their 4-8 record, and he's trying to get them in shape.

I don't get why some say these kids needs whipped into shape & to work harder, then others show up right behind them screaming about how hard they're being treated. :facepalm:

maybe it was too extreme, but maybe they're just a bunch of entitled kids expecting someone to give them the Pac-12 Championship based off of previous teams accomplishments

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You have to be careful with this stuff. One kid God-forbid dies, it would damn near bankrupt the university.

Hell, I think the Vikings are still paying for the Korey Stringer incident in 2001.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If Taggart is successful at Oregon, would he be a realistic option to replace Mac in a few years? Maybe the bigger question is, would our administration pony up the dough to get him?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
The flag football the PAC 12 is used to playing didn't require strength conditioning. Taggart's just waking them up to Southeastern football.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wonder if any recruits will see what they did to these players and change their minds... Not a great start for Taggart.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Reminds me of 2 a-days in HS, if you and half the team weren't puking everyday something was wrong

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
You have to be careful with this stuff. One kid God-forbid dies, it would damn near bankrupt the university.

Hell, I think the Vikings are still paying for the Korey Stringer incident in 2001.
Universities in Florida are protected by sovereign immunity, so a claimant's ability to recover is really limited in a case like that. A few years ago the parents of the kid at UCF sued the UCF UAA and argued UAAs are independent entities and therefore not protected by sovereign immunity. Pretty sure the appellate court disagreed b/c UAAs are protected as university direct-support organizations per the statutes.

More info than anyone wanted, and I've no idea what the law in Oregon is. The Vikings, on the other hand, were probably screwed, blued, and tattoo'ed (sp?).

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Taggart is successful at Oregon, would he be a realistic option to replace Mac in a few years? Maybe the bigger question is, would our administration pony up the dough to get him?

Why anyone think this way after reading that article? You know it can ALWAYS get worse. Always.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Personally, I don't think Butters survives next season. For Taggert to be an option, he'll have to succeed while the guy after Butters fails too. So, I hope he's not an option.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Why anyone think this way after reading that article? You know it can ALWAYS get worse. Always.

I said "IF" he's successful would we want him. You obviously wouldn't. I on the other hand like 1000's of Gator fans would be interested "IF" he turned Oregon around and back to an upper tier football program. At that point in time most people wouldn't care one bit about this article, they'd just want to have a powerhouse football program again. Just like the Oregon fans that are b!tching about this right now, "IF" it leads to a 10-11 win season, won't care one bit how hard he was on them in practice.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Personally, I don't think Butters survives next season. For Taggert to be an option, he'll have to succeed while the guy after Butters fails too. So, I hope he's not an option.

I was thinking more along the lines that Mac gets canned after 4 years or maybe even 5. Which would give Taggert a couple years at Oregon and we may be able to tell by then if he looks promising or not. Lot of people think it's a forgone conclusion that Mac gets canned next year, I just don't see it. Our new AD is a Jeremy clone and will be slow to act on Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator