Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
How many of you are going to lose your minds when A&M hires Chip Kelly? :grin:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
To be fair it's Texas A&M. It's not like the have a history of being good unless its followed by being ineligible for a bowl game.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When has anm ever been better than an 8-5 program outside of manziels first year?
This...They have pretty much sucked balls since a couple of 9 or 10 win seasons back in the 70's....They are not some sort of historically relevant football program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
This...They have pretty much sucked balls since a couple of 9 or 10 win seasons back in the 70's....They are not some sort of historically relevant football program.
Yeah, but they have all the damn money in Texas and they WILL do whatever it takes.

I envy them to some extent. They aren't dealing with an AD who is going to nickel and dime them on every single thing. And their timing is perfect with Texass being down. Texas hiring Addazio Part II won't help any.

If aTm could find a decent DC, or an HC who knows you need defense if that is the real problem. I don't pay enough attention to them to know which. I do know they score a lot of points, and are trying to score points even when they aren't scoring. They don't consider punting the primary objective of the offense. That's a rarity in the SEC these days.

If they do fail, it won't be for lack of trying. You can bet their next coach won't be a rinky dink minor league hire.

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yeah, but they have all the damn money in Texas and they WILL do whatever it takes.

I envy them to some extent. They aren't dealing with an AD who is going to nickel and dime them on every single thing. And their timing is perfect with Texass being down. Texas hiring Addazio Part II won't help any.

If aTm could find a decent DC, or an HC who knows you need defense if that is the real problem. I don't pay enough attention to them to know which. I do know they score a lot of points, and are trying to score points even when they aren't scoring. They don't consider punting the primary objective of the offense. That's a rarity in the SEC these days.

If they do fail, it won't be for lack of trying. You can bet their next coach won't be a rinky dink minor league hire.
I agree with most of that and in reality their biggest roadblock is that they ended up in the West division because they probably would have won the East almost every year they've been in the SEC. I almost believe the tailspin that UT is currently in was in part due to TAMU moving to the SEC because it gives Texas kids another option besides playing in the Big 12 conference. If you look at the 2 rosters TAMU has more talent by far than Texas at this point.

Hell maybe if they fire Sumlin after another 8-5 season I'd certainly be intrigued with the prospect of him coaching here with Shannon as his DC. Sumlin has proven he can recruit and with Shannon's background the 2 could put their heads together and figure out what it will take to make the best in state kids look at UF again.....The offense certainly won't be any worse and we're more than likely going to be sifting through someone else's garbage for our next coach anyway. Why not at least bring in someone who will keep us from falling asleep on Saturday's?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Hell maybe if they fire Sumlin after another 8-5 season I'd certainly be intrigued with the prospect of him coaching here with Shannon as his DC. Sumlin has proven he can recruit and with Shannon's background the 2 could put their heads together and figure out what it will take to make the best in state kids look at UF again.....The offense certainly won't be any worse and we're more than likely going to be sifting through someone else's garbage for our next coach anyway.
It would be nice. Normally Im not a fan of those spread passing offenses, basically all the Mumme/Pirate/Holgerson tree bc the tend to fall apart in the redzone.

However, literally no one, well only one other OC in all of Div1, is worse in the redzone than Nusschump, so it would definitely be an improvement. That isnt saying much because Weis and Daz, as bad as they were, are huge improvements also. Could you imagine if we werent last in the NCAA again and managed to be only in thw bottom 30 again like Daz or Weis? Wed have pumpers getting tattoos that say Nusschump is a genius.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree with most of that and in reality their biggest roadblock is that they ended up in the West division because they probably would have won the East almost every year they've been in the SEC. I almost believe the tailspin that UT is currently in was in part due to TAMU moving to the SEC because it gives Texas kids another option besides playing in the Big 12 conference. If you look at the 2 rosters TAMU has more talent by far than Texas at this point.

Hell maybe if they fire Sumlin after another 8-5 season I'd certainly be intrigued with the prospect of him coaching here with Shannon as his DC. Sumlin has proven he can recruit and with Shannon's background the 2 could put their heads together and figure out what it will take to make the best in state kids look at UF again.....The offense certainly won't be any worse and we're more than likely going to be sifting through someone else's garbage for our next coach anyway. Why not at least bring in someone who will keep us from falling asleep on Saturday's?

I would be in favor of a sumlin and Shannon combo. Sumlins downfall was promising more than he could to these 2 qb's that both transferred out before last year . I think we would instantly take the state back recruiting and our O would be fun to watch again. Anyhow, we know thungs are bad when you're calling for a pass happy coach like Sumlin.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I would be in favor of a sumlin and Shannon combo. Sumlins downfall was promising more than he could to these 2 qb's that both transferred out before last year . I think we would instantly take the state back recruiting and our O would be fun to watch again. Anyhow, we know thungs are bad when you're calling for a pass happy coach like Sumlin.
It goes against my basic football philosophy but I've had enough of this pissing around with offenses that are inept. I used to think if we could just take some baby steps toward being a fully functional offense, with a solid running game and rely on getting good field position/turnovers from a tough ass defense, but......in reality we've wasted a boatload of talented defensive players over the last 3 or 4 seasons and we still rot on offense....:headslap:
At this point there aren't a ton of coaches out there that we could get or be willing to pay enough to get so I'd say why not, at least Sumlin can recruit. and his offenses move the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator