Targeting call is ridiculously subjective

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n309242 said:
Bama losses and they're toast as far as the playoffs are concerned. No chance. None.

I truly hope I am wrong there. I am watching the game and I heard Danielson saying something to the effect that this is the best Bama pass defense he has seen. He is a much older coot than I am. If he has forgotten 23 years of football broadcasting, maybe he should be fired. This team has nothing on the 1992 Bama team that had Antonio Langham in the secondary. Gary Danielson, Verne Lundquist, Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit...these are the talking heads who deride the miracle brewing in Gainesville. I heard one of the fools say our game was boring. It may have made me fighting mad but it was not boring. Austin Hardin, who has been the goat a few times before, came out a hero. Our style points might be pretty low but we were in a night game at Red Stick until the last play. That was our only loss no matter how we have won our other games. Bama is lucky they are playing in Tuscaloser and they will still be a media darling if they just barely lose tonight. I am afraid we won the Eastern Division today and our ranking won't improve much at all because of the GameDay cartel. I think some of refs at noon would try to put a two loss Bama team in the playoff over us. I am probably wrong but I am an old Gator now. The media has always had an aversion to us...when it wasn't Bama, it was the Clowns.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Oh yeah...I am also still bitter about the fools who chose Eric Crotch with the old media darlings Nebraska over Rex Grossman for Heisman. It is a conspiracy...Jimmy Mac is the consummate politician...perhaps he can reverse course for the reign of Gator Haters over the years. Steve Spurrier never got the credit he deserved until he coached the Gamecocks...to me that also speaks volumes.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;309187 said:
I thought the overturned TD was bull, I thought the call of a fumble by CeCe was bull, I thought the targeting was bull, and I thought they made at least 3 or 4 very questionable spots in Vandy's favor.

I agree with all of us.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I really don't give a crap whether the call was right or not. What I do care about is that we had some guys on defense who really balled today. We're gonna need that in Atlanta.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.