Tebow vs. Barkley

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The deep ball where he went through his progression and then the back shoulder throw for the TD were 100% bona fide NFL QB plays. He had far better numbers than Barkley the whole preseason, I just hope that the tale of the practice tape favors him, as well.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't believe those two guys were really in competition in Chip Kelly's mind at all. I think he just wanted to make sure Tebow wasn't a complete disaster. Barkley was finished the moment Tebow was signed.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I love seeing Timmy get touchdowns. Hope he makes the roster and ends up being the starting QB. Won't happen probably, but it sure would be great seeing some haters eat some crow.

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n271216 said:
[video=youtube;pM6K52o5mFQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM6K52o5mFQ[/video]

video blocked by the NFL... looks like your wife is not the only one blocking you :giggle:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n271228 said:
It's hard to say who won the competition over all, Barkely was usually facing tougher competition with better complementary players as well. The 4th preseason game is the worst game to judge performance over because a lot of the guys in those games are going to make a 53 man roster, it is filled with bubble players. But Barkley went against 2s with 2s twice in the preseason, but last nights performance was mostly 3s and 4s. I still think Tebow makes the roster, but lets not make more of a 4th preseason game than what it is. There is a reason that starters traditionally do not play in them.

Why do you hate Tim Tebow?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
URGatorBait;n271278 said:
Why do you hate Tim Tebow?

I don't, I have the absurtly of the preseason and how you can't glean any information from it. Example, Dallas was 0-4 in the preseason last year, had the worst defense in the preseason by far. Ended 12-4 and beat Fatford and the Lions in the playoffs.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n271285 said:
I don't, I have the absurtly of the preseason and how you can't glean any information from it. Example, Dallas was 0-4 in the preseason last year, had the worst defense in the preseason by far. Ended 12-4 and beat Fatford and the Lions in the playoffs.
Just answer the question sir

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n271246 said:
I just don't believe those two guys were really in competition in Chip Kelly's mind at all. I think he just wanted to make sure Tebow wasn't a complete disaster. Barkley was finished the moment Tebow was signed.

They have been shopping Barkley since before the draft, same things here. There is a reason that he has gotten more passing attempts than any other quarterback on the roster in the preseason.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n271316 said:
Just go back to giving T your "white sauce"
I never gave him white sauce. He publicly stated that he likes the white sauce :headshake:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n271285 said:

Well Gee you can't trust the pre-season to determine what the team might accomplish in the regular season, but you do get tape on individual performance. Tim is still not seeing the field that well and hesitates to throw into tight windows. His receivers have not helped by dropping passes that they should have caught.

I would rather see him on the SEC network etc, but he would prefer to play NFL football. I hope he gets his desire.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
And here...
https://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap3000000521797/Mayock-I-do-think-Tebow-is-going-to-be-the-guy

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anybody know when they'll officially release the 53 man roster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TheBigClaw;n271608 said:
Does anybody know when they'll officially release the 53 man roster?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a fluid situation.

Cuts are due by 1600 Saturday.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I sure hope Tebow makes the Eagles. Realistically, just so he can (& will) get practice to continue getting exactly
like the NFL QBs the experts approve of. Nobody works harder than Tim. He just needs to be "at" football for
a steady stretch. During preseason I've seen names of other teams "long-time" bench QBs, yet nobody is
flaming defaming them ?

Left quietly on the Eagles practice squad, Tim will show growth and he will never lose that passion that infects
teammates & crowds. My goodness, fans from opposing teams even cheered Tebow at Denver.

As a very good side note, Tim will be rubbing elbows with nothing but millionaires; surely, some will be Christian
& go on some missions to places & folks who need their charitable nurture. Tim makes people better people. That
will be mighty good for the NFL & the poor in troubles. Go Tim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator