Ten reasons why Dan Mullen might be the next Gator head coach

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't want to see it happen, but here are ten reasons why Dan Mullen might make the jump to Gainsville.

1. Job Fit. He could bring what Florida fans so desperately want, exciting offense.

2. Recruiting. Florida is one of the lushest recruiting pastures in the country.

3. SEC East. Mullen would no longer have to bash his head against Alabama, LSU, and Auburn every year.

4. Money. Florida won't dangle an offer unless it includes a healthy pay increase.

5. Facilities. Who wouldn't love coaching home games in The Swamp.

6. Exposure. A successful Florida program is always a spotlight program.

7. Championships. Winning the SEC East could come quickly. Winning the SEC and a national championship are more do-able in Gainsville than in Starkville.

8. Nostelgia. Dan would be returning to the scene of his greatest success as an assistant.

9. Culture. There are a lot more folks from Dan's old stomping grounds in Florida than there are in Mississippi. Heck, he could probably even find unsweetened iced tea or hash browns in pretty much any resteaurant in Gainsville.

10 Scott Stricklin. 'nuff said.
ONE REASON WHY DAN MULLEN MIGHT BE COACHING AT MSU NEXT YEAR

1. Family. Dan strikes me as a true family man. I think he might put his family's well-being above his career. And that is saying a lot when you are talking about SEC head coaches. Starkville is a family town. The Mississippi State fan base is very much a family. We talk all the time about the MSU family. On the other hand, Florida is "Gator Nation" with all the pressure and stress that puts on coaches and on their families. Family considerations could very well trump those ten items in the first list if Mullen gets an invitation to Gainsville.

What do you think? Will Dan stay or go? And why?

Hail State

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't believe we've fallen to the point of accepting shyt coaches that scUM wouldn't touch.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I think Trump might actually win the election. I know Hilary leads in the polls, but I think Trump may pull an upset.

veroG8tr

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2014
I don't want to see it happen, but here are ten reasons why Dan Mullen might make the jump to Gainsville.

1. Job Fit. He could bring what Florida fans so desperately want, exciting offense.

2. Recruiting. Florida is one of the lushest recruiting pastures in the country.

3. SEC East. Mullen would no longer have to bash his head against Alabama, LSU, and Auburn every year.

4. Money. Florida won't dangle an offer unless it includes a healthy pay increase.

7. Championships. Winning the SEC East could come quickly. Winning the SEC and a national championship are more do-able in Gainsville than in Starkville.

8. Nostelgia. Dan would be returning to the scene of his greatest success as an assistant.

9. Culture. There are a lot more folks from Dan's old stomping grounds in Florida than there are in Mississippi. Heck, he could probably even find unsweetened iced tea or hash browns in pretty much any resteaurant in Gainsville.

1. Family. Dan strikes me as a true family man. I think he might put his family's well-being above his career. And that is saying a lot when you are talking about SEC head coaches. Starkville is a family town. The Mississippi State fan base is very much a family. We talk all the time about the MSU family. On the other hand, Florida is "Gator Nation" with all the pressure and stress that puts on coaches and on their families. Family considerations could very well trump those ten items in the first list if Mullen gets an invitation to Gainsville.

Hail State

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. But congratulations, you were right and we are all going to to watch another sh$t show for 4 years.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member

Hail State

Please tell us you've been on an all day bender?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reason #1: We need to get better.

It came down to Mullen, Norvell, Campbell, Fuente (if you can believe we could get him), Candle, Strong, Taggart.

Which among those would you be willing to stake 2018-2021 on? Norvell's in his second season; Campbell's up or down depending on who you talk to and has a high buyout; Fuente ditto, and I don't need to go into Strong or Taggart.

We need to get better. Which guy among the remaining was going to provide the greatest assurance of getting better?

Probably Mullen. You have to put yourself in Stricklin's shoes. With UF in a position to ill afford another mistake and a guy who's an almost sure bet to make your team better available, you have to pull the trigger.

Me personally? I'd have tabbed Norvell and probably put UF at greater risk. Stricklin wasn't willing. I respect him for that.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
and this thread is not in the dungeon because? :grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online