Tennessee being investigated for potential NIL related infractions

PhD Gator

UF Ph.D. 2011
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The article states the infractions are considered "major" and that Tennessee may be hit with steeper penalties due to the fact that it "isn't the school's first rodeo" after being penalized last summer for over 200 infractions.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
earl dibbles jr wink GIF by Granger Smith

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing would make me happier than to see the Big Urnge get smacked by the NCAA. With it being another brush with the Holier than Thou NCAA maybe they give them something severe.

But with this NIL stuff, again, the NCAA trying to regulate something that has no rules, policies, or procedures. The only thing I can see would impact is if the Coaches are directly involved, setting up, or delivering the deals.

But the long and short of it.........FVC# The Viles. Hope they get hammered.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
But with this NIL stuff, again, the NCAA trying to regulate something that has no rules, policies, or procedures. The only thing I can see would impact is if the Coaches are directly involved, setting up, or delivering the deals.
Exactly. What are the rules?

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
And now this...

Just read excerpts at espn. She nailed it. Things like in June 2023 they were commended on their administration, six months later threatened with a lack of institutional control.

Also, this gem:

“It is intellectually dishonest for the NCAA staff to issue guidelines that say a third-party collective/business may meet with prospective student-athletes, discuss NIL, even enter into a contract with prospective student-athletes, but at the same time say that the collective may not engage in conversations that would be of a recruiting nature,”

That sums up the idiocy.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Just read excerpts at espn. She nailed it. Things like in June 2023 they were commended on their administration, six months later threatened with a lack of institutional control.

Also, this gem:

“It is intellectually dishonest for the NCAA staff to issue guidelines that say a third-party collective/business may meet with prospective student-athletes, discuss NIL, even enter into a contract with prospective student-athletes, but at the same time say that the collective may not engage in conversations that would be of a recruiting nature,”

That sums up the idiocy.
I find myself in the odd position of rooting for the Vols in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator