Tennessee Gators

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
For any Gators living in Tennessee, how bad is it truly? What's the worst in Tennessee fans you've seen or experienced? Is it worse after a loss to us or after a win? I may move there one day (long distance relationship has gone on too long) and have had more douchebaggery from Tennessee fans than any other. So the thought of being surrounded by them 24-7 is oft putting and I wanted to know how tolerable it is for the Orange and Blue.
Thanks and go Gators.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If it's anything like living in Atlanta amongst the Dwags, then it's no big deal...when we win.

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
I'm in TN, and I'm paranoid enough about it to not wear Gator gear or have vanity plates. I'm a puss, I know

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a Gator and I don't hide it. I'm not over the top but it's been real nice the last 11 years. Tomorrow will be interesting. But I can honestly say I have not had one call, text, or email from any of the Viles that I know. I usually don't rub it in their face. They know they've sucked.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I went out in Gator gear today - a few comments but not much said. I grin and bare it, but am seething underneath. I'm just waiting for someone to give me sh1t...

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a Gator and I don't hide it. I'm not over the top but it's been real nice the last 11 years. Tomorrow will be interesting. But I can honestly say I have not had one call, text, or email from any of the Viles that I know. I usually don't rub it in their face. They know they've sucked.
I have comments from so called "friends" and others coming out of the woodwork. Text, email or whatever. Cocksuckers. Haven't heard from a few in years but soon as we lose, blah blah blah. And these fückers aren't even really college football followers.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
After 11 years you can't expect it to be easy for the most part. My sister is a UT alum and hasn't said a word to me in a decade. My dad is a UT fan "because he paid them a lot of money" and a UGA fan at other times just to annoy me. We were all at disney together this weekend for the kids birthday and my phone died when we had a 11 point lead. Expected the worse, but not even a peep from them. i think it helps that my brother in law is a ND fan and he was the won seething the most. I don't live there, but have to put up with them. This game and UGA are always more important to me because of where i grew up.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I live near Knoxville and it sucks. They talk crap win or lose, every year, even in the off season. I'm pretty quiet when it comes to smack talk, and will usually just say "i expect a close game" or some other vague "coach speak" about the game. Just like NVGator said, the amount of texts and BS drivel out of their toothless mouths is insane. Don't expect to walk around in your Gator gear without someone saying something stupid.

It's Great

sidewalk alum
Mar 4, 2016
I'm thinking about getting a U of F tee, with a classic style font, but that's about as bold as I'd get with the gear. At least for the time being.

ChattanooGATOR

Swollen Member
Aug 30, 2014
I've been here since 2001 - back when the rivalry was a little more interesting. They're a prideful lot, and the Gators are definitely in their skulls (infatuated w/ Spurrier still), but they honestly aren't THAT bad.
Still get a lot of "can't believe you're wearing that shirt" type of stuff, but 99% of it is pretty good natured. There are more Gator fans up - at least in Chattanooga - than you'd think. I kind of ran my mouth off more than usual this year, but I didn't have too many texts/emails this this morning.

Another thing to consider, there are a lot of Dawg / Bama / Auburn fans around depending on where you are, so you're not getting the brunt of it anyways.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Being just south of Nashville I see a lot of Bama, Vandy, Auburn and Ole Miss stickers/license plates as much as I do buttchuggers.
In my wandering no one has really said anything except one drunk dude who called us out (10-9 game a couple of years ago):
"You guys didn't even score a touchdown until the fourth quarter!"
Yep...and I reminded him they didn't score one all game.
He had nothing

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Worked in Oak Ridge near Knoxville back in mid-nineties. Kept myself low-key. Had a Gator-blue pick-up truck from which I removed a large magnetic sign on the tailgate. It was an orange Gators script. Folks never much bothered me and I'm not a provoker. But damn it was fun when the Vols lost to Spurrier...the Anti-Christ. Fans walked around dazed like the living dead.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I live in Huntsville. Lots of Vol fans here. Catching some flak as expected. I just say congratulations and let me know when it gets to 11 straight!

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Even a stopped clock is right once every 12 years. We lost but it aint over.

I hate to utter these words but Go Dawgs

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone that lives in TN that hides their Gator swagg needs to turn in their man card immediately. Own it, don't hide it.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Protecting the truck Knox. I wore Gator gear all the time. No man-card owned...it's tattooed on my forehead.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Im about 100 miles from Knoxville and these vol fans are crazy. You would have thought sat was a national championship game. I wear Gator gear almost every day. My hunting arrows are blue and orange w' blue led nocks. I love the Gators! I have heard more crap in 2 days than in the last 12 years. I just laugh and say 1 and 11 is a good start.

When I got to school this morning i have a large ut flag tapped to my coaching office door. I laughed and let it fall to the ground and left it in the hall for the kids to trample.

I just grin and go on. However, underneath Im about to explode. We will win the east after butch loses the next 2 of 3 games.

GO Gators!!!

Wuerffel4Pres

No offense
Lifetime Member
Aug 27, 2016
Thanks for all the advice and food for thought. And don't worry, I'm not afraid to wear my Gator garb anywhere. I actually wore all Gator gear when I was in Neyland Stadium back in July. But it's probably much different during college football season and just living there day-to-day all year round.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I wore my Gator gear working in Athens. The usual comment was "how can you pull for the Gators?". My usual response was "my parents aren't brother and sister".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.