Tennessee Meltdown - Kongbo, Hurd quitting team

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Greg McElroy had some words for Jalen Hurd.

View attachment 4224

I've gotta say, he's not wrong.

I thought the exact same thing. Especially after I read an article that said he wants to switch to WR or TE so he doesn't get hit as much. He's in the wrong game. Should probably pick up Dungeons and Dragons instead.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
he's not wrong, but the NFL really only cares about productivity. If he's a good player with NFL measurables, teams are going to take a chance on him especially with how valuable rb's are. Look at Tunsil at Miami, he's a starter

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I thought the exact same thing. Especially after I read an article that said he wants to switch to WR or TE so he doesn't get hit as much. He's in the wrong game. Should probably pick up Dungeons and Dragons instead.
McElroy is right on here.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
he's not wrong, but the NFL really only cares about productivity. If he's a good player with NFL measurables, teams are going to take a chance on him especially with how valuable rb's are. Look at Tunsil at Miami, he's a starter

Pretty sure they only care about measurables.. .how many combine-warriors have gone high that didn't do squat in actual games? Or guys who put up tons of empty stats and never won anything.

Even once they're in the league.. if you're a QB and you're tall and have a strong arm, you'll keep getting chances no matter how little you actually win.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
So on another note, is Cronkrite quit for good, kicked off, suspended or what?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Still, why should he squander his chance at that NFL bonus just to butt heads with Sgt. Carter ?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Tennessee should be two wins, six losses right now. And this was supposed to be their peak year. I guess they are still rebuilding for next year. :D

I wonder if they can beat Vandy and Kentucky? They were supposed to win the SEC East! What a letdown.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

D&D may be a little too intense...

upload_2016-11-1_14-14-29.jpeg

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
McElroy nailed that one!

Herd will forever be known as a quitter.
I think McElroy is trying to get a job on Coach Mac's staff. Every time he gets a chance he talks about how great coach Mac is and he is getting less and less all in on Bama. Yes he talks good about Bama, but how can you not right now.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I wonder if they can beat Vandy and Kentucky?

VAN is currently 4-4, with their last 4 games:
@AUB = L
@MIZZ = ?
OM = ?
TN = ?

I'd love to see VAN somehow get bowl eligible (or even a seventh win) over TN. I doubt VAN can win all of the last 3, but either MIZZ or OM, and then TN to close the season would be delicious.

KY is 5-3, looking at:
UGA = ?
@TN = ?
Austin Peay = W
@LOU = L

Again, I'd love to see them beat UGA (possible, as hot as they are getting, but also not a given, because...KY), and TN (possible). Then again, losing one of those also gives UF a little more cushion for SEC East.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I think McElroy is trying to get a job on Coach Mac's staff. Every time he gets a chance he talks about how great coach Mac is and he is getting less and less all in on Bama. Yes he talks good about Bama, but how can you not right now.

This has been going on since the start of the season. He is all about Mac, though I'm not sure if I've heard much from Mac about McElroy. Wouldn't surprise me if McElroy is greasing the skids for a future coaching position. I have no idea if he could actually do that job.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
Where are all the sports experts, all those so-called geniuses, who proclaimed a National Championship season for Tennessee and were slobbering over Josh Dobbs as the best QB in the SEC? I wonder if any of them can be found. They are probably all in a state of denial or still sitting in the press box at Bristol.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Where are all the sports experts, all those so-called geniuses, who proclaimed a National Championship season for Tennessee and were slobbering over Josh Dobbs as the best QB in the SEC? I wonder if any of them can be found. They are probably all in a state of denial or still sitting in the press box at Bristol.

Finebaum was the number one knob slobber.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like how his excuse is that he wants to play WR or TE. Did he never consider just doing it for Vols?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.