Texas A&M suspends assistants

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
http://espn.go.com/college-football...uspend-assistant-coaches-offensive-slide-show

Titled Chalk Talk to Women the slides featured this ditty:

"We are Aggie women, we are filled with estrogen. Hullabaloo, canek, canek and back again.

"Maroon & white are the colors we love, we are putting down our dish towels and taking off our gloves.

"No more Lysol or Cascade, we want to score touchdowns and walk in this parade.

"We are Aggie women & this is our song, come on...bring it on...no more thong. Hullabaloo, canek, canek...and so on..."

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They got suspended because they didn't conclude the presentation with "now go make me a sandwich!".

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm torn between a reflexive disdain for anything PC, and an urge to smack these coaches and ask them how they could be so stoooopid.

Alex.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
Stupid attempt at humor but just unbelievable how the PC zealots have neutered our country in our use of language. Really sad, and yet they've also managed a successful double-offensive on our public restrooms.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is hilarious....and two of their coaches got suspended for 2 weeks w/out pay for it ( couldn't get the pictures to link, but it's pretty comical):

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/29/am-got-down-dirty-for-football-clinic-for-women/

A&M got down & dirty — and crude & sexist — at football clinic for women
24 Comments
By John TaylorJul 29, 2016, 8:11 PM EDT

And boy, did they ever.

Myriad football programs across the country have, for many years, put on football clinics specifically targeted for women in an effort to help that gender better understand the game of football. As Raekwon McMillan can attest, some women take the sport very seriously.

At Texas A&M, meanwhile, they used what was titled “Chalk Talk for Women” to get their sexual innuendo on this past week.

Scout.com was on the receiving end of some photos from a slide show at the A&M women’s clinic, attended by 700 females, on what to do and not to do in run-blocking and, suffice to say, they left little to the imagination.

Additionally, A&M decided to “tweak” the words to the “Aggie War Hymn” and, suffice to say, it didn’t go over all too well as some viewed it as overtly sexist.

I’m #mortified #embarrassed & #furious W/@TAMU & @12thMan. Dish towels & Lysol? Really? #icanteven #chalktalk #tamu pic.twitter.com/R47UfhvK9t

— Tonia A. Dousay (@tadousay) July 28, 2016

Very smooth, A&M. Very smooth.

I, personally, think it’s very forward and progressive thinking to allow 12-year-old boys to handle at least a portion of such a high-profile presentation. I’m sure all of your mothers and wives would be very proud.

Given the burgeoning uproar over the event, head coach Kevin Sumlin subsequently issued a statement in which he revealed that two of his assistant coaches responsible for the presentation, offensive line coach Jim Turner and special teams coordinator/tight ends coach Jeff Banks, have been suspended for two weeks without pay. Additionally, the two will serve 20 hours of community service.

“There is absolutely no place in our program or in our University community for inappropriate conduct or degrading comments towards women, or anyone, regardless of intent,” Sumlin said in a statement. “On behalf of Aggie football, I want to apologize for the comments at Chalk Talk and also for my failure to review their individual presentations.”

“We want to sincerely apologize to the passionate Aggie fans and to women everywhere for our failed attempt at humor during this week’s Aggie Football Chalk Talk and fundraiser,” a statement from the assistants began. “We clearly understand now that our comments and slides were not appropriate or consistent with the values of our football program or our Department. We must do better, and we will.”

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Did not leave much for the imagination. Must be millennials.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm surprised they let em out of the kitchen in Texas.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Classy. This is FSU level stupidity. Never go full on FSU retardation. :loser:

Last edited:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sumlin is making it hard for himself to stick around there much longer. What a shameful presentation. Terrible.
:what:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.