Texas A&M upsets Clemson this weekend; NOT - but A&M covers spread on final play

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I don't know if they pull the upset, but that +17 they were getting earlier this week seems crazy.

Personally, I don't gamble. But if I did, that's a pretty attractive line. Of course, I thought that last week also, and had a friend take the +37 against GT, which they covered by 1, so what do I know. I'm not a gambler.
Yeah I don't gamble either, but at +17, I might be willing to throw a few Frankies on A&M. Since I don't gamble, I don't follow the lines. You may have just started me down a path of destruction lol...

Seriously though, no way a top 10 SEC team is favored to lose by more than 2 touchdowns. I'll check back in a minute. This may be too good to pass up.

Edit: It's been bet down(of course) to +15 A&M. I'm funding an account now. I'm not gonna go crazy, but I'll sit a few on it.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Yeah I don't gamble either, but at +17, I might be willing to throw a few Frankies on A&M. Since I don't gamble, I don't follow the lines. You may have just started me down a path of destruction lol...

Seriously though, no way a top 10 SEC team is favored to lose by more than 2 touchdowns. I'll check back in a minute. This may be too good to pass up.

Edit: It's been bet down(of course) to +15 A&M. I'm funding an account now. I'm not gonna go crazy, but I'll sit a few on it.

Yeah, now if that hits, you gotta let it ride. I don’t want lose this energy. Let’s talk on Sunday and check out the ponies.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It'll be a helluva game. Would hate seeing Dumbo pull off the upset. But I don't see Clemson letting this one get away from them.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
It Texas A & M upsets Clemson and LSU beats Texas there's going to be some hurtin' Longhorns in Austin tonight. They'll have to bring out the Willie Nelson vinyl ...."Turn out the lights the party's over". Two great early season games.

misty17grad

Sep 29, 2018
I don’t understand all the love Jimbo receives... he seems like such a slime ball. Maybe I’m still stuck on him dressing his son up as the rapist for hero day. Clown.

Maybe I am letting that influence my belief in his coaching abilities... idk

Won’t be upset if A&M wins, but would enjoy a Clemson win a bit more I do believe. The long term potential is there for great laughs if A&M loses then manages to knock off Bama...

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I don’t understand all the love Jimbo receives... he seems like such a slime ball. Maybe I’m still stuck on him dressing his son up as the rapist for hero day. Clown.

Maybe I am letting that influence my belief in his coaching abilities... idk

Won’t be upset if A&M wins, but would enjoy a Clemson win a bit more I do believe. The long term potential is there for great laughs if A&M loses then manages to knock off Bama...

Well, maybe the island patch of hair in front, booze nose, and constant animated face just isn't your thing. Some may like it.

jimbo-fisher.jpg

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Trevor Lawrence wasn’t the QB in this game last year, and it wasn’t at Clemson. I don’t see Clemson covering that spread, but they aren’t losing.

Sas.
Lawrence did play in last year’s game. He did throw a long TD pass on his first play.
After that they pretty much shut him down.
He went 5 for 9 and had 93 yds which included the long td pass. A&M threw for 430 against them. Also their OL returns and their running game is suppose to be one of their strengths. Clemson’s run defense is one of their questioned area. I think A&M runs effectively on them and I feel sure they can throw the ball successfully.

As the blind man says “We’ll see”.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
No chance A & M beats Clemson... A & M has Jumbo...dude's a mediocre coach at best... a very wealthy mediocre coach but, mediocre at best.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Man I’d love to have a QB that can scramble to his left keeping his eyes downfield like that, turning a busted play into a touchdown.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They outplayed them last year. Eleven more first downs, 100 more total yards
But A & M had two turnovers and Clemson had zero.

Don’t be surprised when it happens.

I'm not surprised.......

:dance:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Even though I would have lost this game on picks if A&M hadn’t scored, I found myself rooting against my own self interest so I could see Jimbo held without a TD. Is that wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator