Thank you, Kyle Trask

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
If you ever want to watch some cool video, watch some of Fran Tarkenton’s runs early on with the Vikings. He wasn’t fast but he had an amazing sixth sense about him in the pocket, and he could dance. Bigtime.
AND they were allowed to tackle you back then. Hurt you IF they could. I read the last Johnny Unitas book and he said they could hit you just for the hell of it.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
No doubt Thank you Kyle. Absolutely. My problem with Jboss's post is that Trask was a huge miss by the recruiting services. Meaning he always had the talent. And Mullen even knew it...he called 12 straight pass plays after Trask entered the Tucky game. I'll give some credit to Mullen but he also deserves criticism for NOT playing him as he is CLEARLY a better QB than FF.

Either way, Thank you Kyle Trask!

This. Love the way Mullen used Kyle. Hate that it took an injury to start the process. On the other hand, Mullen reportedly was pulling the trigger after Mizzu in 2018. Trask would have closed the year much like Franks did and returned ready to start in 2019. Miami and Kentucky would have been much easier to watch.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Kyle Trask story continues to amaze.
I can think of nothing comparable. Every now and then you will have one of those just crazy tough dudes start playing DE in college having not played before. Maybe even WR. Punters and kickers don't count.

I can think of no one in history who played QB.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I can think of nothing comparable. Every now and then you will have one of those just crazy tough dudes start playing DE in college having not played before. Maybe even WR. Punters and kickers don't count.

I can think of no one in history who played QB.

It really should go down in history although I remember saying that Trask was a much better pure passer than Franks only for you to scoff and pull out the clipboard injury crap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It is pretty easy to look good with a no contact jersey vs scout team defense. Weve had mouthbreathers calling for Provancha, Guy and every other third string QB since 2009.

Franks was never a pure passer. He was always a huge project w a big arm.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
It is pretty easy to look good with a no contact jersey vs scout team defense. Weve had mouthbreathers calling for Provancha, Guy and every other third string QB since 2009.

Franks was never a pure passer. He was always a huge project w a big arm.

I know it hurts your ego being wrong so much but...it be ok.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Poise, awareness, size, vision, quick release. Trask has ‘em all. You don’t need a cannon. You need to get rid of the ball early and accurate.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Poise, awareness, size, vision, quick release. Trask has ‘em all. You don’t need a cannon. You need to get rid of the ball early and accurate.
Sos made his momey w 11-17 yard routes.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
With Mullen having an offseason to really build around Trask next season, Trask is going to really take off. I am sure EJ will factor into all of that too and will have certain packages for each game.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Let me back this up with some stats over the last 3 years. These are rushing yards per game stats.

Russell Wilson
2017: 36.6
2018: 23.5
2019: 23.7

DeShaun Watson
2017: 38.4
2018: 34.4
2019: 25.0

Dak Prescott:
2017: 22.3
2018: 19.1
2019: 18.5

I agree that there is a definite downward trend to be expected with the number of runs for a QB over time especially as their overall value to the team rises. However, in my opinion the bigger trend that has running QBs on the rise is not necessarily related to the number of runs attempted but instead relates to the kinds of runs executed. Russell Wilson is now pretty steady with his number of running attempts because with the vast majority of those attempts he slides or runs out of bounds. Therefore his mobility is actually a key part of their game plan because the assumption going in is that he will avoid most collisions while extending plays. Baltimore's scheme around Lamar Jackson is more or less emulating a lot of that same technique and I expect Lamar to be more and more cognizant of avoiding unnecessary collisions as time moves forward just like we are seeing increasingly with DeShaun Watson. Prescott has actually become such a solid passer that Dallas has actually begun to move away from the QB running priority altogether. It will be interesting to see how that might change with a new coaching team.

That said, however, if any of the these QBs are without a decent OLine, they will still be injury prone because they tend not to be be as able to take the same punishment in the pocket as a prototypical Pro Style QB.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
There will be a movie made about him one day. Especially if we win or play for a championship next year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.