The # 103 offense in FBS now

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
This latest round of insight has me wondering what our strength of schedule is with regard to teams played. Of course Kentucky and Vandy and the butt plumbers aren't world beaters but they aren't the worst teams in the country either.

Tucky barely beat EMU...they are the dregs of CFB.

I'll gladly change my tune if we have 400+ yds vs A&M, UGA and LSU. Call me crazy or laugh or whatever...I need to se it vs those pesky ranked teams Mac has trouble with before I believe anything.

Laugh all you want, I don't give a ****.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
For SEC teams playing SEC games, we are fifth in total offense (yds per game) and fourth in total defense (yds per game). How silly does that leave this thread title?

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
For SEC teams playing SEC games, we are fifth in total offense (yds per game) and fourth in total defense (yds per game). How silly does that leave this thread title?
We're currently #97 in total offense. So I would say the thread title is not silly at all. We're averaging 358 yds a game. With this talent that is really unacceptable. I don't see anywhere we're improving. Maybe RB & O-Line. But we'll see how good they look in the next month. I'm willing to bet that our total offense ranking of #97 will not hold. We will probably dip back into the 100's.j
We're amongst the likes of Mid Tenn and Ball State. Is that where you think our offense should be? Your post kinda looks silly to me because it sounds like you think we're making some big jump. I do not see it.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We're currently #97 in total offense. So I would say the thread title is not silly at all. We're averaging 358 yds a game. With this talent that is really unacceptable. I don't see anywhere we're improving. Maybe RB & O-Line. But we'll see how good they look in the next month. I'm willing to bet that our total offense ranking of #97 will not hold. We will probably dip back into the 100's.j
We're amongst the likes of Mid Tenn and Ball State. Is that where you think our offense should be? Your post kinda looks silly to me because it sounds like you think we're making some big jump. I do not see it.
No. My post just stated our position in the SEC in SEC games. There are nine, count'em, nine SEC teams with worse total offense records in league games. Yet this silly title prats about the worse offense in college football. The sky is falling! The sky is falling! You guys are deathly afraid that readers may have sense enough to understand that you are desperately trying to skew statistics by including irrelevant games in an unbalanced fashion. Silly? Yeah, awfully silly.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Tucky barely beat EMU...they are the dregs of CFB.

I'll gladly change my tune if we have 400+ yds vs A&M, UGA and LSU. Call me crazy or laugh or whatever...I need to se it vs those pesky ranked teams Mac has trouble with before I believe anything.

Laugh all you want, I don't give a ****.

Can we get 2 out of 3 ?

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
I didn't read every post in this thread... but has everyone taken into acct, right now we may not have the best numbers vs some of the other SEC teams. But at least 1 or 2, of some of the other teams games, were against lessor teams. We had no cupcake game this year. With a young team. We had michigan then jumped right into sec play. As long as this young team keeps winning, and winning most of their games till we get to the deeper recruiting classes that are coming. I'm ok and realize we have a bright future.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't read every post in this thread... but has everyone taken into acct, right now we may not have the best numbers vs some of the other SEC teams. But at least 1 or 2, of some of the other teams games, were against lessor teams. We had no cupcake game this year. With a young team. We had michigan then jumped right into sec play. As long as this young team keeps winning, and winning most of their games till we get to the deeper recruiting classes that are coming. I'm ok and realize we have a bright future.

Outside of UGA the EAST are all cupcakes

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Outside of UGA the EAST are all cupcakes

I get that thought... but I would take any team in the SEC East...or West for that matter. Over 85%, maybe more of all other D-1 teams. Based solely on the athletic ability of the players in the SEC. Am I saying they would win every time.. nah...but they would the majority of it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I get that thought... but I would take any team in the SEC East...or West for that matter. Over 85%, maybe more of all other D-1 teams. Based solely on the athletic ability of the players in the SEC. Am I saying they would win every time.. nah...but they would the majority of it.

The SEC East was the 2nd worst or worst division among the power 5 conferences. Sorry dude but stats don't back up your opinion. The Least is a bunch of cupcakes.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, it's a good thing we are playing in the East at this moment in time... while we heal, reinvent our identity and catch-up in the recruiting wars... there is a God :cool:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Throwing this here because I'm shocked.

@DK_Thompson: The #Gators have a 100% red zone conversion percentage, with a TD coming 77.78% of the time.

Last season, it was 71.43% and 50%.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Throwing this here because I'm shocked.

@DK_Thompson: The #Gators have a 100% red zone conversion percentage, with a TD coming 77.78% of the time.

Last season, it was 71.43% and 50%.
Youre shocked? The issue isnt percentage it is how little we manage to get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator