The 2016 All-Southeastern Conference Coaches' Football Team

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on who is coaching them. Seems our guys run as many routes wrong as they run open.
This is true. Our WRs get called out by the commentators for obvious errors often, and I'm sure we miss more than that that TV screen doesn't pick up.

Our "WR" coach was a desperation hire, after apparently the first few hundred options told us no.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is true. Our WRs get called out by the commentators for obvious errors often, and I'm sure we miss more than that that TV screen doesn't pick up.

Our "WR" coach was a desperation hire, after apparently the first few hundred options told us no.

Yep, on the "WR" coach. He came from FIU? And he was the RB's coach? And he played RB in college? Yep on all.

Looking forward to seeing if we have any staff changes/firings. I know it's probably not likely until after the bowl season, but it needs to happen or that buck-toothed, hee-haw mother-f*cker better start packing his sh*t!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Yep, on the "WR" coach. He came from FIU? And he was the RB's coach? And he played RB in college? Yep on all.

Looking forward to seeing if we have any staff changes/firings. I know it's probably not likely until after the bowl season, but it needs to happen or that buck-toothed, hee-haw mother-f*cker better start packing his sh*t!

You get what you pay for. Or more accurately you rarely get more than you pay for.

F$U pays their WR coach $460K/yr
We pay ours $285K/yr

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
There are MUCH better WR's in the SEC. If there was a 4th Team All-SEC he might crack that list. Go look at the kids numbers ahead of him and unless you are literally wearing O&B glasses you'll understand why he's not on the list....
I was being sarcastic, I've been on the Callaway is way overrated train forever, hell I might have even been the 1st on board. Everyone raved about him in the off season and all I seen was game after game where he didn't show up and they'd blame it on the Qb yet it was the same Qb throwing him the ball when hed go for 140 yards. Everyone got their rocks off because of his average per catch. I'd rather have a player show up week after week and give me 7 catches for 90 yards each week than a player who will go for 5 catches for 130 then take 3 week off where he has under 30 yards. I think he's an above average player on a below average offense. I'm sick of hearing with a great Qb he'd thrive as well. All Wr's thrive with a great Qb look at any Wr that played with Brady, Manning, or Brees. Hell I'm sick of hearing all Mac needs is a Qb, don't every coach just need a good Qb to win? It's the coaches that finds a way to win with average Qb's that are the elite ones.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was being sarcastic, I've been on the Callaway is way overrated train forever, hell I might have even been the 1st on board. Everyone raved about him in the off season and all I seen was game after game where he didn't show up and they'd blame it on the Qb yet it was the same Qb throwing him the ball when hed go for 140 yards. Everyone got their rocks off because of his average per catch. I'd rather have a player show up week after week and give me 7 catches for 90 yards each week than a player who will go for 5 catches for 130 then take 3 week off where he has under 30 yards. I think he's an above average player on a below average offense. I'm sick of hearing with a great Qb he'd thrive as well. All Wr's thrive with a great Qb look at any Wr that played with Brady, Manning, or Brees. Hell I'm sick of hearing all Mac needs is a Qb, don't every coach just need a good Qb to win? It's the coaches that finds a way to win with average Qb's that are the elite ones.

Got it, Kev. You're right on your comments. I don't know how anyone who's watched our offense could think that any of our skill players should be on an all-anything team!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Any idiot knows that if Callaway had a half ass quarterback throwing him the ball, he'd put up first class numbers. I wonder how the WR's on that list would do with Luke Del Rio and Austin Appleby throwing them the football. Unbelievable the ignorance of some.
:facepalm: so awards based off potential and what ifs.... great...

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our Callaway...

The-Prima-Donna-Intersection.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
:facepalm: so awards based off potential and what ifs.... great...

DSS, that was my same reaction. "Any idiot" knows.... What a joke. So Calloway has the "potential" to be All-SEC, but his stats say otherwise...so let's go ahead and make him All-SEC. He wasn't even All-SEC freshman team last year (meaning there were other freshman ahead of him!).

Hopefully he puts in the work this off-season and improves next year (w/ a better OL and better QB).

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
DSS, that was my same reaction. "Any idiot" knows.... What a joke. So Calloway has the "potential" to be All-SEC, but his stats say otherwise...so let's go ahead and make him All-SEC. He wasn't even All-SEC freshman team last year (meaning there were other freshman ahead of him!).

Hopefully he puts in the work this off-season and improves next year (w/ a better OL and better QB).
I disliked it b/c of the "idiot" remark. Calling all of us idiots because we don't believe in participation or potential awards. Pathetic.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
DSS, that was my same reaction. "Any idiot" knows.... What a joke. So Calloway has the "potential" to be All-SEC,
Worton has potential also.

I don't think I've ever seen a guy get all sec based on potential.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Second Team All-SEC
POSITION NAME SCHOOL
OFFENSE

TE O.J. Howard Alabama
OL Braden Smith Auburn
OL Will Holden Vanderbilt
OL Martez Ivey Florida
OL Alex Kozan Auburn
C Jon Toth Kentucky
WR Calvin Ridley Alabama
WR Fred Ross Mississippi State
QB Joshua Dobbs* Tennessee
QB Chad Kelly* Ole Miss
RB Rawleigh Williams lll Arkansas
RB Ralph Webb* Vanderbilt
RB Leonard Fournette* LSU
AP Derrius Guice LSU
DEFENSE
DL Arden Key LSU
DL Montravius Adams Auburn
DL Charles Harris Missouri
DL Caleb Brantley Florida
LB Tim Williams Alabama
LB Jarrad Davis Florida
LB Jordan Jones Kentucky
DB Jamal Adams LSU
DB Eddie Jackson Alabama
DB Quincy Wilson Florida
DB Justin Evans Texas A&M
SPECIAL TEAMS
PK Gary Wunderlich Ole Miss
P Johnny Townsend Florida
RS Evan Berry Tennessee

CHAD KELLY????

:bwahaha:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's not that much of a stretch. There isn't a single SEC QB that would start in the Big 12.
You're overlooking the kid at cowbell, Fitzpatrick. He just might break every record Dak Prescott set there. He already broke several while embarrassing Chad Kelly in his own house two weeks ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.