The blight on college football that is the FSU Seminoles

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94684 said:
And knowing that a kid who was committed to us but simply couldn't deal with the disaster that was the 2013 season under WM, ends up being the difference in our rivals winning a game like tonight, is borderline unbearable.
But.....

But....

But....

The Flipper is the Bestest Recruiter ever.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
Born2beagator;n94642 said:
I am losing all interest in this sport. Every FSU win is a black mark on college football. Those thugs are immune from any repercussions of off field wrongdoing. The entire program hinges on the ability to recruit low character players and count on incompetent or bias officials to protect them. FSU is a STAIN on college football that needs to be eradicated. I think all it will take is one loss for people that are protecting them to turn on them. BUT SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAN UP AND DO IT! I am beyond furious with this sport right now.

Beyond whiny.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
G8RNGA;n94747 said:
It was difficult watching the number of talented freshman playing a role in that win and knowing FSU has better depth and a solid freshman class for the future.
Its even more difficult when alot of these kids were inititally committed to us. Im sick and fing tired of losing recruits to FSU. They stockpile 5 stars while we get scrubs.
Seriously, other than fowler, who have we beaten them out for. Our percentage of lost recruits goes against statistical probablity

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Gator98MD;n94804 said:
Its even more difficult when alot of these kids were inititally committed to us. Im sick and fing tired of losing recruits to FSU. They stockpile 5 stars while we get scrubs.
Seriously, other than fowler, who have we beaten them out for. Our percentage of lost recruits goes against statistical probablity

Harris...

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FSU will be in the playoff and could win it all again even though their team is not very good. The sooner you all accept that the sooner your stress level will go down unfortunately.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
gatormandan;n94805 said:
Harris...
Ok good point. But still they have annihilated on us in one on one battles for recruits those two players notwithstanding. We need a new HC that will generate some juice, so we can starting being on the winning end of some of these battles

Swampy

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n94684 said:
Meyer did us no favors with the way he left. But he did return to keep the 2010 class together and gave Foley a year to find a replacement. He may have had a hand in this, but his role pales in comparison to the role of Will Muschamp. When he left, we were a bit unbalanced but had talent and the respect of our peers. After four years of WM, we're standing at the edge of the precipice. And knowing that a kid who was committed to us but simply couldn't deal with the disaster that was the 2013 season under WM, ends up being the difference in our rivals winning a game like tonight, is borderline unbearable.

This is the same thought that kept going and going through my head last night as well.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Gator charm;n94657 said:
Our blight is that JF hired a substandard bulldog that had zero head coaching experience and he sent out program backwards 20 years. Foley ruined what SOS built.
Moronic. Steve left us with 1 national title and MUCH more but we now have 3 national titles. What SOS did could never be replicated. Grasp some reality. Or at least some beverage to help you relax.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n94762 said:
Beyond whiny.

This. Sheesh.

Even though our program a dumpster fire spewing a seemingly endless trail of disappointments and mind-boggling decisions (or indecisions in the case of the continued employment of CWM), this has been an exciting season for the sport overall. There have been exciting games and the looming playoff should be a hoot, though I'm not wild about the selection process.

And Rog is correct. Last night SHOULD NOT help the Clowns in their quest for a playoff berth. If the criteria truly is the nation's 4 best teams, the Clowns might need help getting in, even if they run the table. Their schedule has been terrible. Figure 2 SEC teams are in, that would theoretically leave the Clowns battling Oregon, Sparty, K-State or TCU, ND and most unlikely a 3rd SEC team for one of the two final spots. It all should be very interesting and lead to a ton of barroom arguments - no matter who is selected.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree, if the clowns are unbeaten they are in, and probably the 1 seed. No other teams will be unbeaten by seasons end. It will, however, be enjoyable watching them be sodomized by a 4 seed, 1 or 2 loss SEC opponent in the first game. How will their dipsh*t fans ESecPN explain that one?

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n94998 said:
Disagree, if the clowns are unbeaten they are in, and probably the 1 seed. No other teams will be unbeaten by seasons end. It will, however, be enjoyable watching them be sodomized by a 4 seed, 1 or 2 loss SEC opponent in the first game. How will their dipsh*t fans ESecPN explain that one?

Do you think how they win matters? Clearly, if they destroy their remaining opponents, they're in.

What if they're all nail biters like last night? How badly will it hurt them to squeak by on that weak schedule?

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
The only silver lining is that hate for their program has spread nationwide. Old "saint" Bobby had the national media snookered for years.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9;n95007 said:
The only silver lining is that hate for their program has spread nationwide.
This is the first thing I've agreed with you on in a while. Truer words have never been spoken. It used to be just us that viewed them as the Evil Empire....now the rest of the country can join in. Every non-FSU fan in the country was pulling for Louisville last night.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n95004 said:
Do you think how they win matters?
Nope... no power 5 conference team that's undefeated will be left out when that team is the only one without a loss. There's only 2 unbeaten teams left.

Theres a very low chance that miss st is undefeated at the end of the season given the meatgrinder thats still in front of them and their complete lack of a FG kicker. And even if they are, that means there are 2 undefeateds if fsu runs the table. No way either of them are left out. They will both be in exactly the same spot they are now under that scenario; 1 and 2. If fsu wins out no matter how ugly, they will finish either where they are now or at #1 regardless of what happens to other teams. If you think that they will be left out as defending champs, reigning hie$man, and on someting like a 28 game win streak, no matter how ugly they may look, you need your head examined.

I hate the holes... but unless one of these highschool teams puts them out of their misery, theyll be in the playoff.

SavannahGator

Founding Member
Behind Enemy Lines
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator charm;n94657 said:
Our blight is that JF hired a substandard bulldog that had zero head coaching experience and he sent out program backwards 20 years. Foley ruined what SOS built.

Hmm, I guess you'd give back the two NCs in Men's Hoops that Donovan, who was hired by Foley, gave us?

And . . . enough of Muschamp being some kind of Manchurian Candidate who has been secretly scheming to undermine UF to the benefit of his alma mater. The man may not be up to snuff, but the continual pounding of that ridiculous premise is well overdone.

Foley is a GREAT AD and he needs to STAY.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n95148 said:
Nope... no power 5 conference team that's undefeated will be left out when that team is the only one without a loss. There's only 2 unbeaten teams left.

Theres a very low chance that miss st is undefeated at the end of the season given the meatgrinder thats still in front of them and their complete lack of a FG kicker. And even if they are, that means there are 2 undefeateds if fsu runs the table. No way either of them are left out. They will both be in exactly the same spot they are now under that scenario; 1 and 2. If fsu wins out no matter how ugly, they will finish either where they are now or at #1 regardless of what happens to other teams. If you think that they will be left out as defending champs, reigning hie$man, and on someting like a 28 game win streak, no matter how ugly they may look, you need your head examined.

I hate the holes... but unless one of these highschool teams puts them out of their misery, theyll be in the playoff.

Neither you nor anyone else on this board is going to examine my head.

That said, I don't disagree with the pragmatism of your post. If the Clowns win out, they're in.

My point was, the charge of the playoff committee is to pick the 4 best teams in the country. If they are completely objective, does an undefeated FSU that wins out unimpressively against that schedule deserve to be there more than a 1 loss SEC team, or any of the other 1 loss teams out there? I will admit their winning streak argues loudly in their favor.

And let's hope someone whups them and makes all this moot. Ideally a squad that wears lots of orange and blue...

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gatorbreath;n95232 said:
And let's hope someone whups them and makes all this moot. Ideally a squad that wears lots of orange and blue...

UVA?:dance2:

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
They are a blight on college football right now...and they are so offended by it. But the fact of the matter is, they are a gift that keeps on giving. The kids are still getting in trouble and the leadership is still doing everything it can to minimize it or cover it up. Other schools with similar situations better be paying attention and addressing these situations based on a set of standards. I cannot disagree that an allegation is automatically a cause to take internal action...I think we jumped the gun on Treon because it was an allegation...but it was done out of the greatest of caution for the sake of the school...something that FSU has NEVER embraced. But if that is their standard, then that is all Jimbo has to say..."we are aware of the allegation and I have not been advised that it has risen to point of requiring me to take any action at this time". We may not agree with the standards of certain schools, but if they have them, and follow them, then let things play out. What FSU has the most trouble with is that the standards are there in written form, they just never bother to follow them. And I still think this is going to majorly bite them in butt...one day...soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator