The (British) Open

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n16316 said:
Tiger is showing the signs of an aging "slasher". His swing has never been referred to as "smooth", but he's had the physical ability to overcome most technical issues with it during the first half of his career. Now, things are different. Sure, he'll show some spurts of past greatness, but nothing like before. It's taking it's toll on his mental game as well (re: melt-down over the camera shutter noise on 18 at the end of just his 2nd round). Tiger will be mostly just a name used to draw crowds instead of being any serious threat for a major title IMO. Heck, even Jim Furyk, many years older than Tiger, remains highly competitive in nearly every major despite having the oddest looking swing on tour...... but it's smooth.

As far as the "young guns" in the hunt, I like Fowler as well. He & Rory might have quite a few duels in the future.
Agreed...i think that was the start of what could be a nice long rivalry in the future. Golf needs it. Fowler just needs to win a major...he's been really really close.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n16248 said:
Can we talk about the work Mike Tirico has done for ESPN over the last 5 weeks? Spent a month in Brazil for the World Cup, then basically went straight to the UK for The Open. Best in the business right there.

Completely agree.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n16393 said:
Agreed...i think that was the start of what could be a nice long rivalry in the future. Golf needs it. Fowler just needs to win a major...he's been really really close.

That's an understatement. Three top 5's (two of which were tied for runner up) is unreal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator