The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Have you not been paying attention, or do you really not know there are several ways to troll. He trolled us and it backfired on him.
I guess I don't. What I've seen I could see myself doing.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
Mullet better ask the mrs. before he takes the job. She didn’t like the pressure to win when they were here. She said she went to Orlando to shop for groceries

I don’t believe she did that. Big waste of gas

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
If in fact it's Mullen, not only are we having to settle, but because of the public spurning fromKelly, and what will be perceived as a NO from Frost, we'll actually be the ones negotiating from a position of weakness. That's right, the guy in Starkville with the .600 record will be the one with all the leverage. So in addition to getting a 3rd tier guy, we're probably going to have to spend a fortune to land him.

Just stellar work by our AD.

I'll ask again, if we completely tank a season midway, lose several key recruits, and still end up settlng for a "meh" hire like DM, who's not known for recruiting prowess or winning big games, and by extension lock ourselves into an additional 3-4 years of mediocrity as opposed to enduring 1 more with McElwain, was it still the right move to make at that time?

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I don't. What I've seen I could see myself doing.
He let the GatorNation believe that Chip Kelly would be hired. He was passively trolling. He didn't say anything, and that was the problem. He put up silly tweets that led many to believe the hire would happen.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I think I'm gonna puke... Dan freaking Mullen all over twitter to Florida by the end of the day...:worried:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Trying to look at the positives for Mullen. He is not my choice, but just to give him a fair look. Any others?

1. Urban’s teams were best with Mullen as OC.

2. Mullen has proven he can develop a QB

3. Mullen has taken a Miss St. team that has historically been a bottom feeder and made them top 25.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
If in fact it's Mullen, not only are we having to settle, but because of the public spurning fromKelly, and what will be perceived as a NO from Frost, we'll actually be the ones negotiating from a position of weakness. That's right, the guy in Starkville with the .600 record will be the one with all the leverage. So in addition to getting a 3rd tier guy, we're probably going to have to spend a fortune to land him.

Just stellar work by our AD.

My God ain't Mullen making like 5 mil at Miss St.? Are we going to pay him 6 to come here?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He let the GatorNation believe that Chip Kelly would be hired. He was passively trolling. He didn't say anything, and that was the problem. He put up silly tweets that led many to believe the hire would happen.
No he didn't. People ran with rumors. What did he say at the start?

A word to the wise is sufficient.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Trying to look at the positives for Mullen. He is not my choice, but just to give him a fair look. Any others?

1. Urban’s teams were best with Mullen as OC.

2. Mullen has proven he can develop a QB

3. Mullen has taken a Miss St. team that has historically been a bottom feeder and made them top 25.

But i think his recruiting is substandard, we just went through that with Mac.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Wow, how are they going to sale the guy who said this was a lateral job and his wife commented that she hated her time here? Stricklin really F**CKED this up!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk no. We fire a guy with shytty recruiting, 100 ranked offenses, and 2-10 record versus ranked teams to hire the same guy.

The good news is all the Corral and all WRs will decommit or transfer tomorrow.

What a massive failure if true.

Im out if true. The good news is it will be so much easier since theyve taught us to turn it off over the last eight years.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Hearing it from many sources...including some other sites. This better be BS. Stricklin may be the worst AD in history if he is dumb enough to hire a guy no one wants

That is certainly the consensus on this board. But is that true as a whole for Gator Nation? I ask because most of Gator Nation is not as plugged in as people on this board. And I was surprised by the anecdotal evidence for how many people like Mac. Really surprised me.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Disregard. That's just retweeting Thamel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator