The Coaching Search Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
What comes through is how leaky the athletic department is in spite of assurances to the contrary from Stricklin. Either that or Twitter is full of blowhards seeking their 3 minutes of fame.
I don't believe its that leaky, or at least he is leaking a bunch of stuff to throw everyone off what he's really up to. That's why I think all of these "my source says Frost is a done deal" is probably not good news.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's why I think all of these "my source says Frost is a done deal" is probably not good news.
I actually think they probably sew some of the false leaks, Mullen now, Freeze, Stoops back then. Is Frost a false leak? Who knows. I've definitely wondered the same myself.

It's going to be tough sleddin' with so many teams trying to buy a new coach. Don't kid yourself Nebraska has Big Ten Network money. They can likely pay anything we can. aTm can pay any number they imagine and they have both recruits sunshine and a shorter drive or flight to Nebraska. Not sure we should assume they're not in the hunt.

Frankly, I'm not convinced that our cheapskate mindset has changed that much to think that we're going on a spending binge anyway, even though I suspect they've been somewhat shamed by musChimp and Butters making fun of our decrepit facilities and feel incredible pressure to make a good hire after two duds.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Redman now thinks Stoops is the #1 target of Stricklin after "hearing" Frost was all last week. Whatever that is worth

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Here's another thought I had:

The smart thing for UF to do, is hit the Nebraska speculation dead on. If we are in fact talking to him, it would be smart to ask him his opinion on wanting the Nebraska job. Since it's not open now, if it did open, would he regret signing with UF? Obviously we want and need someone who absolutely wants to be at UF. The long silence to me, just MHO, is that we are in agreement with Frost, if not signed.

I could be totally wrong but the total lack of any info leads me to believe we are all in with Frost.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah i believe he has been the main guy pumping the Stoops rumors with every coaching search UF has had...i don't buy it

While I wouldn't be opposed to Stoopsie, Hollywood Bob doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation. I don't know much about him, but Ive heard he's usually a BSer.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Bob Redman now thinks Stoops is the #1 target of Stricklin after "hearing" Frost was all last week. Whatever that is worth

Why don't people realize that Stoops isn't coaching again. This isn't an Urban situation. Why would leave a situation at OU that was better than what he would have at UF to come to UF?

OU could pay him, he had a great team already setup and because of the success he has had he wouldn't be under the same amount of pressure...

Stoops is done coaching... he doesn't want to recruit 24/7...

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Why don't people realize that Stoops isn't coaching again. This isn't an Urban situation. Why would leave a situation at OU that was better than what he would have at UF to come to UF?

OU could pay him, he had a great team already setup and because of the success he has had he wouldn't be under the same amount of pressure...

Stoops is done coaching... he doesn't want to recruit 24/7...

Agreed. Hollywood Bob is just throwing crap against the wall at this point, hoping it'll stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator