The death of a program

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Chimp and Butters.

This is the least talented Fatornteams since the 70s. Dont kid yourself that we will be attractive to a good coach innthe future. We are a long way away from competing even once our clueless admin get around to firing Butters.

Unfortunately, Creyer was right. We are a broken program. All the way to the ADs office.

It all starts there with their penny pinching ways, those who havent figured out hiring cheap coaches then firing them is the most expensive route.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I also wonder, for those of you surprised by this season and who think talent/star rankings dont matter, what did you expect our team to look like?

Last edited:

GatorArts

Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2017
It's true. This program has been on a 7 year slide into the dumpster. We need a completely fresh start in all aspects or it will soon turn into a 10 year slide.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How was the fan apathy after the game (at the stadium)? This is going to get ugly. I was planning, since the summer, to make the Texas A&M game this year (traveling from DC)....but decided after the Michigan debacle that nothing has changed and I'll save the $1000+ I would have spent (on airfare, hotel, rental car, tickets, etc). I went to a wedding yesterday. A WEDDING! Younger me would have never done that - when our program was relevant. Our AD's office has a tough choice to make (it wouldn't be tough for me to make). But it's time to call a spade a spade. Cut ties and start from scratch. Even if it means going 3-9 next year w/ a new staff....wipe the slate clean.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I also wonder, for those of you surprised by this season and who think talent/star rankings dont matter, what did you expect our team to look like?
I didn't expect all the mass suspensions and I did expect Franks to look alot better than he has so far. The defense is also disappointing, particulary up the middle with the run. Ugay is going to pound that like a prom queen at an after party.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't expect all the mass suspensions and I did expect Franks to look alot better than he has so far. The defense is also disappointing, particulary up the middle with the run. Ugay is going to pound that like a prom queen at an after party.
How can the defense be disappointing when we haven't recruited any LBs?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It’s not a talent issue, it’s a coaching issue.

I have no doubt a better coach could come in here and turn us around in a season or two, tops. We are still a top 10-15 team in terms of talent. There are plenty of teams with much less talent who are contenders year in and year out due to coaching (TCU, OK, OK St, Clemson, PSU, Baylor prior to the scandal, etc). Heck, look what Smart is doing in year 2! I realize he has gotten more talent, but Richt’s teams all had lots of talent too.

Yes, I realize we aren’t where we used to be, and some positions leave a lot to be desired (LB for example), but we have the talent to be good if we just had competent coaching.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Yep, use that time and money on your family....or something that will make you happy.

We're going out to our cabin in Shenandoah County for the fall colors (how pathetic am I?). I'm going to meet my cousin in Harrisonburg for the #1 ranked 1AA James Madison hosting Villanova football game. I'm sure that will be much more exciting than watching Texas A&M's 18 year old QB boat race us on our home field.....

Apathy? Yep. How long does the Athletic Department allow it to go on? I like the idea of hiring a $500K/year head coach and see what he can do for 2 or 3 years. Hell, bring in Kerwin. He'll gladly take the $500K and see what he can do.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
How was the fan apathy after the game (at the stadium)? This is going to get ugly. I was planning, since the summer, to make the Texas A&M game this year (traveling from DC)....but decided after the Michigan debacle that nothing has changed and I'll save the $1000+ I would have spent (on airfare, hotel, rental car, tickets, etc). I went to a wedding yesterday. A WEDDING! Younger me would have never done that - when our program was relevant. Our AD's office has a tough choice to make (it wouldn't be tough for me to make). But it's time to call a spade a spade. Cut ties and start from scratch. Even if it means going 3-9 next year w/ a new staff....wipe the slate clean.
The fans were ready to party and waiting for something....ANYTHING....to cheer about. Without a doubt the Petty tribute was the highlight of a dreary and mundane day of watching God awful football. After the game it was pretty quiet with most people leaving the stadium in resigned silence knowing exactly how this all will continue to play out and realizing there's nothing they can do about it. I've never seen such a deflated fanbase.

I have season tickets that I pay a decent amount of money for and I've had them for over 30 years. I, and many people I talked to, are skipping the A&M game because it's too painful to continue to watch this foolishness. I'm a diehard but after 7 years of the drip, drip, drip of tedious and inept football with no end in sight I've had it. I will go to the FSU game but that's more to spend time with friends than to watch the inevitable crap that this staff will put on the field.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Yep, use that time and money on your family....or something that will make you happy.

We're going out to our cabin in Shenandoah County for the fall colors (how pathetic am I?). I'm going to meet my cousin in Harrisonburg for the #1 ranked 1AA James Madison hosting Villanova football game. I'm sure that will be much more exciting than watching Texas A&M's 18 year old QB boat race us on our home field.....

Apathy? Yep. How long does the Athletic Department allow it to go on? I like the idea of hiring a $500K/year head coach and see what he can do for 2 or 3 years. Hell, bring in Kerwin. He'll gladly take the $500K and see what he can do.

Played at JMU’s baseball field in college for summer ball. Good times were had in the Shenandoah Valley, even though I stayed in New Market (if you even know where that is lol).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I will go to the FSU game but that's more to spend time with friends than to watch the inevitable crap that this staff will put on the field.
I expect to hear you and your section screaming FIRE MAC!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
People will say bringing in a new coach will cost us upwards of 20 million with all the buyouts and new contracts. I argue, keeping this staff will cost us way more than 20 million in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.