The Death of College Football

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Until Congress and the NCAA agreed to some common sense legislation, this is the world of College football.
Best thing to do is call the Gator collective with your credit card in hand and help us buy some mercenaries.
Go Gators!

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Developed on a team with zero offense that goes 3-5 in the SEC?
Havent looked it up but I suspect it is true to say that what Kentucky has done better than us is recruit and develop the OL and it has shown.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Until Congress and the NCAA agreed to some common sense legislation, this is the world of College football.
Best thing to do is call the Gator collective with your credit card in hand and help us buy some mercenaries.
Go Gators!
Gator Collective died because Edie Rojas fugged up so bad they had to rebrand to Florida Victorious.

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
Almost nothing stays the same forever. Those that can adapt will succeed. It is difficult to see some of the changes that have taken place, but we all have to adapt, including the athletic departments at major colleges.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not just Kentucky, but schools like Kentucky, was using Kentucky, because they got a QB, WR, and RB from the portal the first day. Have a rookie starting quarterback in the league. Stoops has managed the portal well, especially compared to what we are dealing with.
He has been 3-5 the last two years. 3-5 in the SEC, just like Slingblade and fellow retard Shane Beamer.

His entire resume is "Im slightly less incompetent than the idiot they hired in Gainesville" but not enough to win more SEC games.

Last edited:

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
I cannot not root for the team wearing Orange and Blue. Having said that, the current state of college athletics and football in particular makes it hard to care. My hope is that Congress outlaws the whole mess as too dangerous for young men so I don't have to deal with Florida fielding a team. I don't watch pro sports at all; why would I care about mostly ignorant people playing meaningless games for absurd amounts of money? If you aren't in college to learn and do something meaningful for society, you are wasting everyone's time and someone's money.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm laughing to myself over the simplicity and yet complexity of the subject. Give a couple baboons a mirror and see what happens. They are instantly curious over what they see.

Now imagine 5 billion baboons with the same mirrors. No wonder the world's that phucked up.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gators in the NFL:
2017 - 45 (tied for 2nd)
2018 - 38 (3rd)
2019 - 35 (3rd)
2020 - 39 (4th)
2021 - 32 (8th)
2022 - 35 (7th)
2023 - 34 (8th)

States with players in NFL in 2023 (dont suspect this changes much year to year):
Texas - 187
Florida - 178
Cali - 173
georgia - 150
huge drop off from there...

Seems like a simple solution...
It think this really goes to show how bad our coaching has been for the last 10-12 years....or at least figuring out a system that makes the best use of the talent we've had on hand.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still care but not with the same fervor as years ago.

How has my fandom changed?

I used to have season tickets.
I used to go to many away games.
I used to feel obliged to donate.
I used to wear Gator Gear all the time.
I used to know details about most players and Coaches.
I used to get upset when UF lost.
I used to enjoy arguing with rivals fans.
I used to think a UF Diploma made you stand out in a group.

yada, yada, yada......... I just don't have many more Fuks to give....

:deadhorse:

:goon:

:pe:

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I still love Saturdays. But NIL and the unregulated free agency has killed my interest in the talent acquisition side of college football. I used to follow recruiting very closely. I'd watch film. I'd follow the whole process. You used to be able to take pride in the guys that played for you. They chose UF because that's where they wanted to be. Now... if they choose UF it's because we made the best offer, and if/when they leave UF it'll be because someone made a better offer.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Almost nothing stays the same forever. Those that can adapt will succeed. It is difficult to see some of the changes that have taken place, but we all have to adapt, including the athletic departments at major colleges.
1702570266405.png

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I still love Saturdays. But NIL and the unregulated free agency has killed my interest in the talent acquisition side of college football..
Two ways to look at it. One is poor coaches cant keep their talent once the kids lose faith in his competence.

The countervailing truth is that the right coach can turn a team around even quicker.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Two ways to look at it. One is poor coaches cant keep their talent once the kids lose faith in his competence.

The countervailing truth is that the right coach can turn a team around even quicker.
The real question isn't if a coach can win or not but rather why would anyone care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.