The difference with this year compared to last

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Last year we would have won the FSU game with a decent offensive coach.

This year we would have won the FSU game with a decent quarterback.

This is depressing, I get it. We'll probably end this surprise year on a three game losing streak. However the biggest difference between this year and last year is the offense is actually well schemed and well coached. We have had players wide open in ever single game this year. When was the last year we had WR's that could actually get open? 2009? A halfway decent QB would have lit up LSU and FSU with how well our coaches get guys open.

This sucks and it's going to sting for awhile. 4 out of 5 to FSU is miserable. But Coach Mac well get this ship righted when he gets his players back in this year. We all hate Treon right now. The kid just can't do it. But we should all hate Grier more right now. If he wasn't selfish we'd be undefeated right now. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
We had guys open all night long last night. A good QB throws for 300 yards. Coach Mac and Nussie actually outcoached their DC. We just have no one to get the ball to the open guys. Hopefully Del Rio will be serviceable. Mac's job now is to find a QB. We also found another starter on the o-line. Jordan looked like he's going to be a player. He's the most physical guy in the interior right now. This isn't Chump. Chump couldn't scheme guys open. Mac and co are. Now they need to go get the guy that can throw them the ball.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Grier should never set foot in The Swamp again, unless he is an opponent.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Gardner's a Grier fanboy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We also found another starter on the o-line. Jordan looked like he's going to be a player. He's the most physical guy in the interior right now.
Yes, Jordan is playing surprisingly well for a true freshman and it's excellent to get Dillard off the field. Thurman can hardly snap the ball with that destroyed shoulder he has but Dillard gets blown up more than a bus full of school children in the Middle East.

I'm not sure what happens next year. Hopefully McCoy will be ready and we aren't forced to put Dillard on again.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Mac is going to "get the ship righted"? With the 2 star QB he has committed right now?

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
Grier literally tanked this year. If he was still playing we'd almost be guaranteed a playoff spot. It stings all the more to see character train wrecks like Winston and Cook beat us without any consequences for their actions. Heck that's what bothered me the most about Robinson not playing. Our guys are actually held accountable and we pay for it dearly while our rival lets their players get away with anything to win games.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
We had guys open all night long last night. A good QB throws for 300 yards. Coach Mac and Nussie actually outcoached their DC. We just have no one to get the ball to the open guys. Hopefully Del Rio will be serviceable. Mac's job now is to find a QB. We also found another starter on the o-line. Jordan looked like he's going to be a player. He's the most physical guy in the interior right now. This isn't Chump. Chump couldn't scheme guys open. Mac and co are. Now they need to go get the guy that can throw them the ball.

He should have unleashed one of those beautiful deep balls you claim he throws...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Exactly the reason you should start TREON AND TAYLOR SUCK threads.

What will it take for you to finally admit your boy cant play? Passing the buck at every opportunity isnt cutting it. Look, we have all been wrong before. Just admit it. I was the first one here to have a grier avatar and I believed he was the answer. Once he screwed up I took down the avatar because at that point he didnt deserve it and in my opinion he has alot of making up to do before I will fully support him again. His piss poor selfishness pretty much screwed the rest of our season. But the FACT still remains, Treon cant play at this level and most likely never will.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Listening to mcgriff and other commentators after these games say the same things about our offense that we are seeing. The scheme is there, the receivers are open, we just can't recognize it and deliver the ball. Mcgriff was very apologetic post game in that he didn't want to slam an individual player but that there is just no way to analyze what's going on in these games without commenting that the guy we have throwing the ball just can't get it there.

It was especially frustrating watching it from the stands because your view of the defense is so much better than it is on tv. Man I remember the first play after the Showers return was called back, Thompson and another guy were lined up to the left and were singled up. With the technique the DBs were showing you just knew if they did a wheel it was gonna be wide open and sure enough about 1 second after the snap Thompson is streaking down the left sideline with literally nobody within 15 yards of him. It was a gimme TD but Treon never saw it. So many plays like that last night it's really hard to describe. The thing that gives you hope is simply knowing that when we get the players we need at the key positions we should destroy teams like the one we faced last night.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Grier cost us two seasons of football. I hope he never sees the field for us again. It is unforgivable.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Stop being so butt hurt. If he's still here and we don't have a better option he needs to go back in there.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Grier cost us two seasons of football. I hope he never sees the field for us again. It is unforgivable.

I suggest you get over it. He's a kid and he made a dumb decision but he takes no personal responsibility for your frustration as a fan. Sheez.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I will assume this is sarcasm, because I call his deep balls punt passes.

It wasn't sarcasm. I remembered you saying this:

Harris is more accurate with his deep passes. But his lack of velocity means those things really hang in the air. I call his deep passes punts.

I didn't remember all of the quote or any of the other criticisms you made regarding his lack of overall skill. That is on me...I sit corrected.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry T, the kid made a mistake. Kinda like Harris has. Just Grier's punishment did not fit the crime. And Harris won't help us out these two seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
It wasn't sarcasm. I remembered you saying this:

I didn't remember all of the quote or any of the other criticisms you made regarding his lack of overall skill. That is on me...I sit corrected.

That's ok. Treon's quarterbacking has us all confused and traumatized. :cry2:

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
One big difference (positive) that I see this year is the production from our receivers; these guys can catch the ball. During the Dawgchump years dropped balls were a habitual problem and already under Mac we've turned the corner. We seem to have a lot of young talent at WR so once we get a real QB in there we should see improvement on the offensive side.

From here, our Def is only going to be worse over the next two years so the O will have be able to score more points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator