"The fringe of the fanbase."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Have to admit I pressed STOP as soon as I heard Jeff Cardozo's voice. Nothing against Jeff, but I will trust my own 2 objective eyes vs. a guy who I think knows very little not to mention he has to work with Butters in a certain capacity. Not usual for a guy to slam a guy if a portion of his income is dependent upon said person. So I expect nothing more in that sound beyond genuflecting!

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was going to take one for the team but only got about 10 minutes into it. So far it was nothing but a marketing job for Butters.

I think the fans are appreciative that he has started facility improvements and issues that falls external to the actual running of the team. The two talking heads are making it sound like no one could come in here and do a better job than Butters and there are excuses for offense/recruiting. Same stuff we hear.

Well, he has this recruiting class to see if he can shut up the un-appreciative fans.

Gator98MD

Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2014
I listened to it , they made some good points talking about waiting to judge Mac once he has his guys but also didn't really adress our recruiting deficiencies in order to get his guys

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I know the class isn't done yet but there is no excuse for the recruiting so far. Heck Muschamp at one of the few places with worse facilities in the SEC and no SEC Championships is recruiting just as good or better right now.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that I kept waiting to hear about recruiting, specifically. But, I think they did say it will all be about W's and L's eventually. And we know that comes down to recruiting.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Skeered.

635437015012522975_fo3.jpg

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Aren't the QBs we have now his guys?

He didn't sign Del Rio and Appleby because he thought they were the best QB's in the country. He signed them because Muschamp left him with only 2 QB's. One of those disqualified himself and the other was a 5'9" DB. Del Rio and Appleby were just what was available at the time. They were stop gaps. Thank god he was able to get them at extremely short notice.

He technically signed them, but I don't think either of them are what he wants at the position. The fact that he inherited nothing at the position made Del Rio and Appleby necessary.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
He didn't sign Del Rio and Appleby because he thought they were the best QB's in the country. He signed them because Muschamp left him with only 2 QB's. One of those disqualified himself and the other was a 5'9" DB. Del Rio and Appleby were just what was available at the time. They were stop gaps. Thank god he was able to get them at extremely short notice.

He technically signed them, but I don't think either of them are what he wants at the position. The fact that he inherited nothing at the position made Del Rio and Appleby necessary.
So they r his guys, thanks

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It is on Mac big time if Franks or Trask play poorly next season. No more wait until next year stuff.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
One of those disqualified himself
That's disputable....depending on what story you believe. Does anyone on this board think that it's odd we all blasted Grier and his dad for WG's transfer.....I have a different theory about the whole mess and it was related to me by someone closely associated with the program. Seems that we've recently seen another side to LDR and I belief and am told that HIS dad had more to do with Grier's transfer than WG or his father. Think about that for a moment....why wouldn't Butters want to do JDR a favor? Let's face it it's always good to keep our professional contacts view of us in a favorable way...In other words Butters knows he may be needing another job down the line....

Let's go back to the press conference where a teary eyed WG was allowed to speak for about 30-40 seconds before being led off by the scruff of the neck by Butters. Then everybody says WG disappeared from Gville....BS, he was told to stay away by Butters and the staff...Then the whole "he demanded the starting position" lie by Butters....The reality was the Del Rio's were the ones doing the demanding.....and were the one's suffering at the hands of a soon to be 3 time transfer who isn't good enough, instead of a potentially great QB who kept his commitment for over 3 years......F vck Mac and his lying ass.....

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's disputable....depending on what story you believe. Does anyone on this board think that it's odd we all blasted Grier and his dad for WG's transfer.....I have a different theory about the whole mess and it was related to me by someone closely associated with the program. Seems that we've recently seen another side to LDR and I belief and am told that HIS dad had more to do with Grier's transfer than WG or his father. Think about that for a moment....why wouldn't Butters want to do JDR a favor? Let's face it it's always good to keep our professional contacts view of us in a favorable way...In other words Butters knows he may be needing another job down the line....

Let's go back to the press conference where a teary eyed WG was allowed to speak for about 30-40 seconds before being led off by the scruff of the neck by Butters. Then everybody says WG disappeared from Gville....BS, he was told to stay away by Butters and the staff...Then the whole "he demanded the starting position" lie by Butters....The reality was the Del Rio's were the ones doing the demanding.....and were the one's suffering at the hands of a soon to be 3 time transfer who isn't good enough, instead of a potentially great QB who kept his commitment for over 3 years......F vck Mac and his lying ass.....

Possibly - both dads probably expect things to be done to help their kid. JDR better get used to his kid not being the starter. After seeing WG's dad mouth off publicly I have a feeling he was part of it also.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Grier made the mistake. Grier paid for it. We all paid for it. No way to predict how LDR or AA would perform as stopgaps. Truth is, as the clip says, we are fortunate to have won the East TWICE with just Treon, LDR, and AA. Especially, considering the depth issues and injuries. I certainly hope one of the young guys grabs it and never looks back. It would take care of so many issues.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's just a matter of time when your coach has to be constantly defended for the piss poor results.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
After the brief opening statement in which Cardoza challenged Gator fans to imagine what it would be like to be without Mac, Abolverdi ratcheted up the insightfulness:

To me, I think he's taken this program to new heights.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, seven blowouts in two years is a "height" I never imagined.

Fvkktard Bowl calls those blowouts good efforts.

I love how they dont even mention the receuiting dumpster fire.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that I kept waiting to hear about recruiting, specifically. But, I think they did say it will all be about W's and L's eventually. And we know that comes down to recruiting.
It's always about Ws and Ls.... and right now the Ls are severely overshadowing the Ws.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I never imagined another coach could put an offense on the field worse than muschamp. That's another "new height" mac has reached.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.