The incompetence runs deep

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Foley and the culture in his wake, live in the past.

Yep.

The incompetence starts and ends in that UAA office. No reason to look any further. There's an arrogance in that office that has led to what we're seeing and there needs to be a complete house cleaning.

But, it won't happen. They'll finger point....and none of those fingers will ever point back at the UAA.

It's sad. But, one day we can tell our grandkids..."I remember when UF was a football power!"

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't been able to see tweets on mobile for some time. Any ideas?

Other than that, I agree that when all is said and done; the damage Foley did to the Gator brand may far outweigh the good.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Just got back from the sh*t show watching a team that dressed like Miami give the game away.

I have a theory on how we got here.

Meyer's regime led us to a point where the inmates were running the asylum and when all the drama was said and done, Foley, the UAA, and the boosters decided that they would never again put themselves in a situation where they did not totally control the program from one end to the other, football included. In order to avoid be taken over again by a football team that got too big for its britches in their eyes, they neutered it with safe, cheap hires like Chump and Mac and a willfully stubborn desire to do absolutely NOTHING to bring the football program into the 21st century at the same time they were lavishing attention on the other areas of the athletics programs. Remember, one of the selling points on Chump was that he would re-instill discipline on and off the field and bring the players back under control. The only action taken when the noise got too loud was to replace Chump with a similar type of buffoon in Mac at the end of a coaching search where it's now obvious Foley had no interest in hiring a maverick with a strong personality who might bring us back.

So here we are. The UAA and the boosters have their money and their influence, and the fans have an epic dumpster fire to enjoy for the next 20 years.

I'm sure there are holes in all this. Perhaps some folks can fill them in, but this is my overall sense of how things have fallen apart so badly.

Last edited:

FlGator19382

Oct 7, 2017
Foley and Butters watching the game.

3a205133d39b6a687fc5799343c68a3c.jpg

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Just got back from the sh*t show watching a team that dressed like Miami give the game away.

Meyer's regime led us to a point where the inmates were running the asylum and when all the drama was said and done, Foley, the UAA, and the boosters decided that they would never again put themselves in a situation where they did not totally control the program from one end to the other, football included. In order to avoid be taken over again by a football team that got too big for its britches in their eyes, they neutered it with safe, cheap hires like Chump and Mac and a willfully stubborn desire to do absolutely NOTHING to bring the football program into the 21st century at the same time they were lavishing attention on the other areas of the athletics programs. Remember, one of the selling points on Chump was that he would re-instill discipline on and off the field and bring the players back under control. The only action taken when the noise got too loud was to replace Chump with a similar type of buffoon in Mac at the end of a coaching search where it's now obvious Foley had no interest in hiring a maverick with a strong personality who might bring us back.

So here we are. The UAA ad the boosters have their money and their influence, and the fans have an epic dumpster fire to enjoy for the next 20 years.

I'm sure there are holes in all this. Perhaps some folks can fill them in, but this is my overall sense of how things have fallen apart so badly.
This plus I think Foleys arrogance that he had the Midas touch and championships were entitled to us instead of being earned

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Foley and Butters watching the game.

3a205133d39b6a687fc5799343c68a3c.jpg
unbelievable, those two should be wearing florescent yellow vests with the words Persona Non Grata highly visible and not allowed within 1000 yards of any football team, player, field, game, or facility

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
This plus I think Foleys arrogance that he had the Midas touch and championships were entitled to us instead of being earned

Not so sure. I think he was more concerned with erasing the sense of entitlement that was endemic to the football team. He couldn't stand SOS or Meyer.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
You don't think he was being arrogant by overestimating his pick to hire Muschamp with ZERO head coaching experience?

Foley could have hired any number of experienced head coaches who would have towed the company line

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

So here we are. The UAA ad the boosters have their money and their influence, and the fans have an epic dumpster fire to enjoy for the next 20 years.

I like it. Based on their leaks, our uaa staff suck.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If they have a sewer treatment facility at UF it needs to be named after Foley.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

People need to read this article. This is exactly what many here have been saying for years. And it's why this coaching hire is so, so important and why missing out on Frost and Kelly cuts so deep. I don't know who in the coaching ranks is left to hire that fits the bill of the guy we need to change the whole mindset of an entire organization.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator