The incompetence runs deep

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
People need to read this article. This is exactly what many here have been saying for years. And it's why this coaching hire is so, so important and why missing out on Frost and Kelly cuts so deep. I don't know who in the coaching ranks is left to hire that fits the bill of the guy we need to change the whole mindset of an entire organization.

Although I think Frost would be better for us long term than Kelly, this is the reason that I wanted Kelly. Because he had the experience and the clout to demand culture shift and change from the administration.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think Frost would be the best long term hire. We wanted Kelly but I am not sure how long we could have kept him if we did land him. If Frost wants to be a star, he needs to come here and be one.

Huddersfield

Nov 10, 2017
The lack of facilities is the real crime. You need to invest money on the program that pay's for the rest of your sports programs (that 99% of your alum and fans don't care about) and that is something that you have not done.
You can survive a bad coaching hire or possible two but the lack of top quality facilities is criminal.

Stop thinking that your too "good" for the football program and understand that you dance with the lady that brung you. Football is THE key sports for UF and your capital investment budget needs to reflect that position.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
The lack of facilities is the real crime. You need to invest money on the program that pay's for the rest of your sports programs (that 99% of your alum and fans don't care about) and that is something that you have not done.
You can survive a bad coaching hire or possible two but the lack of top quality facilities is criminal.

Stop thinking that your too "good" for the football program and understand that you dance with the lady that brung you. Football is THE key sports for UF and your capital investment budget needs to reflect that position.

Do you ever remember hearing the UAA tout our status as the "all sports champion" before Foley and the UAA decided to geld the football team in the wake of Meyer?

I've never bought into that crap but the school sure wanted us too. Money for baseball, money for basketball, money for softball, **** for football.

We have not fallen due to fate. It was policy.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
This plus I think Foleys arrogance that he had the Midas touch and championships were entitled to us instead of being earned

I think Foley felt he had the Midas touch, but that the championships were earned by him and his great skill not entitled to UF.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yep.

The incompetence starts and ends in that UAA office. No reason to look any further. There's an arrogance in that office that has led to what we're seeing and there needs to be a complete house cleaning.

But, it won't happen. They'll finger point....and none of those fingers will ever point back at the UAA.

It's sad. But, one day we can tell our grandkids..."I remember when UF was a football power!"

I could not agree more.

Unfortunately, the UAA is more of an academic organization than a business organization and therefore they will never make any real changes because it is not in their DNA. IF this was a business enterprise, the stockholders (boosters) would demand that the Board of Directors clean house as part of the hiring of a new coach.

The process should play out on three steps:
1. Separate the employees in decision making roles from the underlings doing their jobs.
2. Have all the decision making employees line up and count off into groups 1 or 2 or 3.
3. Fire all the members of groups 2 and 3

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I get what you are saying, but I also believe you are over estimating the financial importance of having a successful football program. With contract money from SEC Network and TV the importance is having a football program to get a slice of that revenue. Is it better to be successful sure, but only marginally.

Fire away

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
I get what you are saying, but I also believe you are over estimating the financial importance of having a successful football program. With contract money from SEC Network and TV the importance is having a football program to get a slice of that revenue. Is it better to be successful sure, but only marginally.

Fire away

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/07/sports/ncaafootball/alabama-crimson-tide-football-marketing.html

Alabama Is Rolling in Cash,
With Tide Lifting All Boats

Over the past decade, the success of Alabama’s football program has become
a powerful engine for the university’s economic and academic growth.

By JOE DRAPENOV. 5, 2015
New York Times

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Fire away
Youre exactly the type we need out of UAA.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

This article could actually use its own thread but I can understand how you could leave it here. My only thought is that the original thread was about the sign with Mac still on it. Once I saw that sign yesterday, I kind of checked out of the thread.

Anyway, this was a great read and spot on. Look no further than this very board for proof. The crowd of Kelly will be hired because We Are Florida ran deep, which is why the rumors became facts. Then, when he chooses UCLA instead, it's because he wanted the "easy road" and "doesn't like to recruit" and "wants to lounge at the beach". Why else would he not pick Florida. We Are Florida, not our fault.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Although I think Frost would be better for us long term than Kelly, this is the reason that I wanted Kelly. Because he had the experience and the clout to demand culture shift and change from the administration.
I'm afraid Frost won't last long and will be chewed up much like the same. He won't make it very long.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This article could actually use its own thread but I can understand how you could leave it here. My only thought is that the original thread was about the sign with Mac still on it. Once I saw that sign yesterday, I kind of checked out of the thread.

Anyway, this was a great read and spot on. Look no further than this very board for proof. The crowd of Kelly will be hired because We Are Florida ran deep, which is why the rumors became facts. Then, when he chooses UCLA instead, it's because he wanted the "easy road" and "doesn't like to recruit" and "wants to lounge at the beach". Why else would he not pick Florida. We Are Florida, not our fault.

I'm so sick of the "we are Florida, dammit!" crowd. "We are Florida" is NOT GOOD!! The "we are Florida" of the past 8 years needs to disappear! We need to re-invent what "We are Florida" means. Because the last 8 years it's meant mediocrity, lack of discipline, cheapness, laziness, and a number of other adjectives for bad, weak, soft, terrible, etc.

The UAA needs to have a 'come to Jesus' w/ itself!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Fire away

I respectfully disagree.

It is true that much of the cash that flows in is shared income in the SEC, which is why schools like Miss State are on par with us, but the difference comes from enthusiastic boosters with gobs of cash.
UF has a healthy group of boosters with gobs of cash but they don't have that enthusiasm thing. A viable football program is an injection of enthusiasm and leads to major contributions and a game changing operation.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk Stricklin. He is Fooley Jr. Just as bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator