The Jacksonville Jaguars Thread

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Probably the best I’ve seen him yet in a Jags uniform. He’s shown tremendous growth this season.
Indeed. He's definitely turning into the QB that he was projected to be.

And the D wasn't terrible after the first quarter.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tried telling you guys. Pederson was always a great hire. Jags will be an AFC contender by probably next season.
Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. I mean, we’re no 12-1.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves. I mean, we’re no 12-1.

Few are.

But I’ve been pretty consistent on Pederson. Probably the best combination of safe/smart hire any team has made in recent years. Assuming they keep TL and keep some younger weapons around him, they’ll be solid moving forward.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Jags still have to play the Titans again and the Cowboys I believe, forget who else. No way they get in the playoffs, but it is good to see some life in the franchise.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jags still have to play the Titans again and the Cowboys I believe, forget who else. No way they get in the playoffs, but it is good to see some life in the franchise.
Dallas next Sunday. Then a quick turnaround to play at the Jets on Thursday. At Houston on NYD then finish with the Titans at home. Not a cupcake walk for sure.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
As far as Trevor goes, midway through the season on another tiny little board I relegated him to average with no hope of ever being among the top QBs in the league. Another member of this tiny board (and a member here) pointed out that I might be wrong.

It appears that I was wrong, and that's a good thing. But damn it Joe, I'm tired of you being right and me being wrong.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a couple of games earlier in the season that we should and could have won. Wins those and we are sitting in a much different position for being “In the Hunt”. Seems things might be starting to click for Trevor AND the team. Guys are actually making the catches.

Commanders
Texans
Broncos

We beat Dak this weekend and we’ll be cooking with fire.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a couple of games earlier in the season that we should and could have won. Wins those and we are sitting in a much different position for being “In the Hunt”. Seems things might be starting to click for Trevor AND the team. Guys are actually making the catches.

Commanders
Texans
Broncos

We beat Dak this weekend and we’ll be cooking with fire.

Yep, we’re head and shoulders better than previous 4 seasons. We got our coach and our QB which are the toughest to find.

Now just hope Baalke doesn’t Baalke another offseason and actually brings in some defensive talent.

Last edited:

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Trevor has quietly been on a tear. Defense needs to keep playing well.

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
Yep, we’re head and shoulders better than previous 4 seasons. We got our coach and our QB which are the toughest to find.

Now just hope Baalke doesn’t Baalke another offseason and actually brings in some defensive talent.
Trevor has quietly been on a tear. Defense needs to keep playing well.

And he's been doing it without a #1. Next year should be pretty exciting with Ridley coming in.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And he's been doing it without a #1. Next year should be pretty exciting with Ridley coming in.
Yeah but you gotta give this makeshift receiving group credit. They’ve stepped up, as well.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Tried telling you guys. Pederson was always a great hire. Jags will be an AFC contender by probably next season.
I hope so. But I'm not banking (pun intended?) on it. Salary Cap issues and the fact that the defense hasn't quite come together bother me. Did we stop the Titans or did the Titans stop themselves. We gave up a lot of yards. So I'm long term optimistic. We have important defensive pieces in place but maybe not quite enough pieces. If several of the rookies take a jump next year we might contend. If not we'll wait another year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator