The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Remember when this thread was about recruiting? Ah, good times...:grin:

Florida recruiting: Latest updates on the Gators’ class

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-latest-updates-18

Florida’s recruiting class had some moving parts this week with the hiring of new Florida coach Dan Mullen.

The Gators lost a total of five recruits, including three 2018 de-commitments, but also dipped into the state of Pennsylvania for another offensive addition.

Where Florida’s class ranks
Florida’s 2018 class is ranked No. 11 nationally and No. 4 in the SEC, according to the 247Sports Composite. Eight of the Gators’ 16 commits are 4-star recruits. Florida has the SEC’s fourth-highest average star rating (90.11) behind Alabama (91.37), Auburn and Georgia .

Latest news
Florida’s 2018 class fell out of the top 10 after the losses of 4-star wide receiver Jacob Copeland, 3-star defensive end Taylor Upshaw and 3 -star cornerback Divaad Wilson.

It wasn’t all bad news, however, as the Gators convinced 3-star offensive tackle Chris Bleich to flip his commitment from UCLA to UF. He is Florida’s second pledge from Pennsylvania, joining 4-star TE Kyle Pitts.

Here’s the latest Florida recruiting news:

Commits (16)
Top 5 targets

5-star CB Patrick Surtain Jr., American Heritage (Plantation, Fla.)

4-star WR Jacob Copeland, Escambia (Pensacola, Fla.)

4-star OL William Barnes, Apopka (Fla.)

4-star OL Nicholas Petit-Frere, Berkeley Prep (Tampa, Fla.)

4-star DE Andrew Chatfield, American Heritage (Plantation, Fla.)

4-star LB Richard Jibunor, Athens Christian (Athens, Ga.)

Position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commits by position and how many are projected to be signed at the position:

• QB: 1/1 (Corral)
  • RB: 2/2 (Clement, Pierce)
  • TE: 2/2 (Lang, Pitts)
  • WR: 2/5 (Gammage, Thornton)
  • OL: 2/5 (Bleich, Dunlap, Gouraige)
  • DL: 1/3 (Upshaw)
  • LB: 1/1 (Reese)
  • DB: 2/4 (Russell, Williams)
  • ATH: 3/3 (Bethel, Burney, Williams)
Geographical breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of Florida’s commits by state:

• California: 1 (Corral)
  • Florida: 11 (Bethel, Burney, Dunlap, Gammage, Gouraige, Lang, Reese, Russell, Thornton, D. Williams, J. Williams)
  • Georgia: 1 (Pierce)
  • New Jersey: 1 (Clement)
  • Pennsylvania: 2 (Bleich, Pitts)

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
Florida recruiting: Latest updates on the Gators’ class

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-latest-updates-18

Florida’s recruiting class had some moving parts this week with the hiring of new Florida coach Dan Mullen.

The Gators lost a total of five recruits, including three 2018 de-commitments, but also dipped into the state of Pennsylvania for another offensive addition.

Where Florida’s class ranks
Florida’s 2018 class is ranked No. 11 nationally and No. 4 in the SEC, according to the 247Sports Composite. Eight of the Gators’ 16 commits are 4-star recruits. Florida has the SEC’s fourth-highest average star rating (90.11) behind Alabama (91.37), Auburn and Georgia .

Latest news
Florida’s 2018 class fell out of the top 10 after the losses of 4-star wide receiver Jacob Copeland, 3-star defensive end Taylor Upshaw and 3 -star cornerback Divaad Wilson.

It wasn’t all bad news, however, as the Gators convinced 3-star offensive tackle Chris Bleich to flip his commitment from UCLA to UF. He is Florida’s second pledge from Pennsylvania, joining 4-star TE Kyle Pitts.

Here’s the latest Florida recruiting news:

Commits (16)
Top 5 targets

5-star CB Patrick Surtain Jr., American Heritage (Plantation, Fla.)

4-star WR Jacob Copeland, Escambia (Pensacola, Fla.)

4-star OL William Barnes, Apopka (Fla.)

4-star OL Nicholas Petit-Frere, Berkeley Prep (Tampa, Fla.)

4-star DE Andrew Chatfield, American Heritage (Plantation, Fla.)

4-star LB Richard Jibunor, Athens Christian (Athens, Ga.)

Position breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of the number of commits by position and how many are projected to be signed at the position:

• QB: 1/1 (Corral)
  • RB: 2/2 (Clement, Pierce)
  • TE: 2/2 (Lang, Pitts)
  • WR: 2/5 (Gammage, Thornton)
  • OL: 2/5 (Bleich, Dunlap, Gouraige)
  • DL: 1/3 (Upshaw)
  • LB: 1/1 (Reese)
  • DB: 2/4 (Russell, Williams)
  • ATH: 3/3 (Bethel, Burney, Williams)
Geographical breakdown
Here’s a breakdown of Florida’s commits by state:

• California: 1 (Corral)
  • Florida: 11 (Bethel, Burney, Dunlap, Gammage, Gouraige, Lang, Reese, Russell, Thornton, D. Williams, J. Williams)
  • Georgia: 1 (Pierce)
  • New Jersey: 1 (Clement)
  • Pennsylvania: 2 (Bleich, Pitts)
As always, I appreciate your efforts. Your working your "tail" off!

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
How about Trump as their next coach? He can build a wall around Knoxville to make sure Vandy don’t take their “athletes”

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
I was guessing 800 lb squat and 800 lb dead. 315 15 times im guessing he can hit a 400 max rep. No matter the kid is stupid strong

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: TE commit Kyle Pitts excited about Dan Mullen’s offense

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-kyle-pitts-dan-mullen

Latest on Kyle Pitts
Add Kyle Pitts to the list of Florida commits who are on board with the hiring of new Gators coach Dan Mullen.

The 4-star tight end from Warminster, Pa., closely monitored the coaching search over the past month and was excited Sunday when news broke on Mullen.

“Love his offense,” Pitts told SEC Country. “I’m very happy with it because he spreads the ball around. His quarterbacks throw that rock, he runs it a lot and he uses his tight end in the offense very heavily.”

Pitts received a visit Wednesday from Florida assistant coaches Chris Rumph and Ja’Juan Seider, his area recruiter.

“It was good getting to see Coach Rumph and Coach Seider again,” Pitts said. “Coach Rumph was telling me that he really likes Coach Mullen and he’s going to take the program in the right direction. Just look at the success he’s had in the past. I can’t wait.”

The nation’s No. 6 tight end is not alone in his anticipation for Mullen. He said his fellow 2018 class members are excited about the hire as well.

“We think he’s going to come in and make Florida what it used to be,” Pitts said. “The offense will up and running next year and the Gators will be back soon.”

Mullen plans to watch Pitts’ play next week if his team wins its playoff game Friday. Georgia and Virginia Tech are still contacting him, but Pitts is said he’s sticking with the Gators.

“Yes sir. I’m visiting anywhere else,” Pitts said. “I still feel about the same way about Florida. I have an opportunity to play as a freshman. I’m just ready to go in, get ready and fight for a starting spot.”

News & notes
  • Thoughts on Mullen from Florida tight end commit Dante Lang:
Boca Raton TE, #Gators commit Dante Lang on new #Florida coach Dan Mullen: "He uses the tight end a lot so that's real good for me." pic.twitter.com/6Ih2fZXurM

— Wells Dusenbury (@DuseReport) November 29, 2017

• Mullen extended an offer Thursday to 3-star tight end Glenn Beal, who plans to officially visit UF on Dec. 15.
blessed to receive an offer from Florida #GoGators pic.twitter.com/AIDjCNQrCZ

— GB15 (@G__beal) November 30, 2017

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.