The National Signing Day Thread

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hearing that Mullen likes other QB's on his board better than Corral so i think we need to keep an eye on this one.

Also...theres some of the recruiting analysts out of ATL saying we have a real shot at flipping fields now that Mullen is here. The fields camp sees the writing on the wall at UGA with how Frohm has played and knows if he goes there he'll ride pine for 2-3 yrs before he gets a shot. They think he can start at UF year one.

Now here's another wrinkle...if Taggert is hired at FSU they'll be right back in this race also. Willie likes to use some dirty ass tactics on the trail so it's going to be a battle if he ends up at FSU.
So why not lock down Corral and go after Fields after the fact since he isn't an early signer? The situation of competing against one stud QB is better than definitely sitting behind two in a system not made for him.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So why not lock down Corral and go after Fields after the fact since he isn't an early signer? The situation of competing against one stud QB is better than definitely sitting behind two in a system not made for him.

I really wish we were staying focused on Corral. He has been a great advocate for UF and for this class. I get that he may not be 100% the best fit for Mullen's offense, but Mullen should be able to build around him. In reality... how much different is he than Alex Smith? He probably has a better arm and is equally athletic.

You can still run him, just not as much and still use it to keep the defense guessing.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Corral should be our focus. Tightening our shoestrings to ultimately fall on our face with other recruits that are trying to pull one over on us is not what we should be doing.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
@SECCountryUF: Father of Matt Corral reveals where things stand with Florida’s Dan Mullen http://sec.news/2iSeVQp #GatorNation

“Coach Mullen called my wife and I at home after one his assistants [Billy Gonzales] came to see Matt,” his father said. “He was just telling us that Matt is his guy and that he can’t wait to meet us.”

I feel better if this is true and Mullen is going to build a relationship with Matt.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I can't wait to meet you. I wish I had a private plane to do so. I guess I will see you in a month. Sounds like a Catfish story.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Please don't shoot me - but if Trask hits the weights wouldn't he have the body type for QB power type play? In the spring he looked surprising mobile. He could be an option as a back up.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
Please don't shoot me - but if Trask hits the weights wouldn't he have the body type for QB power type play? In the spring he looked surprising mobile. He could be an option as a back up.

If Corral doesn't come he'll be our best option.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is Jake Allen just not a good QB?

Who knows the plan was to red shirt him to let him have a year of healing (apparent injury from High School ball) and getting to get use to college life. We should see him in the O&B debut barring set back.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Why u asking me bro...im not on the staff :lol: as of now I do think corral will end up in the class but i also think we take another QB. We'll see what happens but if Mullen doesn't take a trip to cally soon we'll know he's not interested.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

Trask's mobility is like a Grier. He can run if need be, but isn't explosive enough to run the option. His high school is a good example. His coach said repeatedly the reason Trask didn't start was because they ran a run-option offense which does not fit what Trask does well.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I know I’m a broken record on this, but I’m not ready to give up on any of the on roster QB’s (Now that pussy”cat” rich boy is out). I think that Nuss and his system (and him as QB coach) hindered development. We know Franks was a project and I am certain a decent QB coach would have him playing better. Trask was my pick for the job last year since he was the better passer. Don’t ignorantly bring up the O&B game and his performance where he had like 8 walk ons around him, including an O-line tasked with blocking Bryan and friends. Point is, I think Mullen will do at least twice the job of development the previous staff did and put his QB’s in position to be successful. And not the “he’s a great QB because he handed the ball off to Davis 16 Times on the last 4 drives to win the game” bs.

With that said, I think Corral is trying to find an easy landing spot as he knows he’s not a Dan Mullen type QB. Both sides are being very political in addressing the situation. If we lose Corral, Mullen must sign at least one elite QB, even if he ends up signing the 3 star from Leesburg (or one like him) as well. Corral could work here, but each day gives me more of a feeling he’s out. He’s going to Ole Piss this weekend with his dad.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Trask's mobility is like a Grier. He can run if need be, but isn't explosive enough to run the option. His high school is a good example. His coach said repeatedly the reason Trask didn't start was because they ran a run-option offense which does not fit what Trask does well.
Well.....he was behind the best option QB in the area. I think Trask could run the offense better than Chris “chuck n duck” Leak. That’s not saying much. Maybe Mullen prefers a good passer who can occasionally run versus an undersized QB than shyts the bed passing. But if Mullen can get Fields or Gatewood along with a JUCO QB that’s 220+, Corral’s getting dropped like a bad habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator