The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok. I like Cece a lot and think he plays hard and is a great representative of the program.....but.....doesn't seem like he's played like a 5-star very often. Can't recall him taking over games too often like maybe Fowler used to do. Is that scheme related? He's mostly been forced to play out of position? Or has he been better than I have perceived him to be? Would this new scheme enable him to dominate?

You're about spot on....which is why any of the talk/speculation that he'd go pro was comical. He's a very solid player, but undersized and playing out of position (especially when they moved him inside). He needs to keep his weight where it is (around 245) and learn to play LB (which he should have been playing all along, but our DL recruiting was piss-poor and he was needed there). The guy is 6'1 245-255 (depending on if he's taken a dump that day or not). He's NOT playing DE in the NFL. So moving to LB for his SR season will be a money maker for him.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’m paraphrasing and summarizing, not quoting:

AR: I’m disappointed.

BMF: Great way to start! But we have a long way to go.

Celebrating the critical victory while acknowledging the long road ahead is the better approach, IMHO.

I actually have agreed with many of your posts, but you seem to be more Debbie Downer lately.
Hes still butthurt over butters getting fired. Homie loved him some butters and nuss.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel has done nothing in the NFL. Cincy signed him solely for his physical traits after SF cut him for Driskeling in the pre-season.
Everyone thinks they can fix Driskel w the right coaching. His speed and arm strength are so enticing. BTW Reed had a big if not bigger arm.

Kuckily, after that six interception show Driskel had in his final pregame w SF, Marvin Lewis, the Muschamp of the NFL, fell in love w him.

Im glad he is getting paid though.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah, but wasn't Oregon at #5 or something like that last week?

I don’t remember. I seem to recall seeing some chatter that they did get raided after Taggart left but I’m not following the big picture that closely.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Here’s a quick write up on Nick Bonitto from 247. I think we should go after this kid. He’s a HUGE gator fan and would more than likely commit but doesn’t have an offer yet:

Bonitto, 6-foot-4, 200 pounds, is really a headache to contain during one-on-ones and could eventually move back to outside linebacker as well. The Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas star flashes impressive speed and quickness at the snap of the ball, and is a smooth athlete that really excels on the basketball court as well. Bonitto's hoops background is obvious with his ability to break down offensive linemen and play one-on-one like he's driving to the rim. Bonitto is light on his feet and fairly skilled with a couple of go-to moves to rely on, but his game should really take off as he gets stronger and packs on weight.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Here’s a quick write up on Nick Bonitto from 247. I think we should go after this kid. He’s a HUGE gator fan and would more than likely commit but doesn’t have an offer yet:

Bonitto, 6-foot-4, 200 pounds, is really a headache to contain during one-on-ones and could eventually move back to outside linebacker as well. The Fort Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas star flashes impressive speed and quickness at the snap of the ball, and is a smooth athlete that really excels on the basketball court as well. Bonitto's hoops background is obvious with his ability to break down offensive linemen and play one-on-one like he's driving to the rim. Bonitto is light on his feet and fairly skilled with a couple of go-to moves to rely on, but his game should really take off as he gets stronger and packs on weight.
We need lbs. Can he put on weight?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He is going to burn his bridges before they even get the first blueprints.

Obviously they’re burned to the ground at Oregon already
He's burned the Nike bridge too...there is a reason that Knight opened up the wallet to make sure Leavitt stayed. Watch Nike not renew their contract with fsu as well when it's up

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You're about spot on....which is why any of the talk/speculation that he'd go pro was comical. He's a very solid player, but undersized and playing out of position (especially when they moved him inside). He needs to keep his weight where it is (around 245) and learn to play LB (which he should have been playing all along, but our DL recruiting was piss-poor and he was needed there). The guy is 6'1 245-255 (depending on if he's taken a dump that day or not). He's NOT playing DE in the NFL. So moving to LB for his SR season will be a money maker for him.
i.e. Ronald Powel

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
L

big frame 6-4. He’s thin because he plays basketball. He can easily bulk up when he drops b-ball in college
Yep...gotta look at the frame more than his weight at this point. Get him in to the S&C program and training table meals where they will be forcing him to eat like crazy and he should easily pack on some lbs during a RS year.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yep...gotta look at the frame more than his weight at this point. Get him in to the S&C program and training table meals where they will be forcing him to eat like crazy and he should easily pack on some lbs during a RS year.

This is what they need to do w/ Moon. He needs to add 15+ and he'll be a solid LB in this system.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I saw him lining up some snaps at DT last year. I don't know why.

Jaguar45

Nov 16, 2017
It feels good to have a win! For the first time in a long time we beat FSU in a football related matter. Finally my Facebook feed is lessened from obnoxious FSU friends not posting about their FSU BS. I’m pretty excited about how this train is moving. Hopefully it keeps going smoothly! Go Gators!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator