The National Signing Day Thread

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
The A-listers for head coaching at UF , even though were turned down by the two top desired coaches, have ironically turned out to be the best decision so far by the UF faithful.

Hopefully, this signals an uptick in Gator football fortune.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Yep.

Florida could still be an option with Jones. I think it opens a lot of doors even Corral couldn’t open. Much more of a high profile guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yep.

Florida could still be an option with Jones. I think it opens a lot of doors even Corral couldn’t open. Much more of a high profile guy.
Not real sure about higher-profile. Corral certainly knew how to get himself in the news. Im not even certain that EJ is a better quarterback, but I'm very certain he's going to be a better quarterback in this system and that Corral would have been a flop.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not real sure about higher-profile. Corral certainly knew how to get himself in the news. Im not even certain that EJ is a better quarterback, but I'm very certain he's going to be a better quarterback in this system and that Corral would have been a flop.
I think someone posted a video on here or Twitter about EJ and how there were times when the entire roster of an opposing team wanted to talk to him. I think at least regionally he may have more pull. I think it would certainly help with any Georgia recruits on the board, if we have any. But I agree with you that Corral is a bigger attention grabber. However, I do think EJ will be the better leader.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Yes....anyone can pretend Corral suddenly sucks but they will be disappointed. He is the real deal and arrives at college well ahead of where Will Grier was upon arrival. But he will be very similar to Grier in that he will put up numbers. The kid has real good instincts and awareness as well as a canon. He can make all the throws. He will play on Sunday’s. However as pointed out....he would not fit this system at all.

We got the guy we needed to get. And like Corral he will attract some more talent behind him. It’s all good.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Yes....anyone can pretend Corral suddenly sucks but they will be disappointed. He is the real deal and arrives at college well ahead of where Will Grier was upon arrival. But he will be very similar to Grier in that he will put up numbers. The kid has real good instincts and awareness as well as a canon. He can make all the throws. He will play on Sunday’s. However as pointed out....he would not fit this system at all.

We got the guy we needed to get. And like Corral he will attract some more talent behind him. It’s all good.
I still cant shake the fact that he only had two committable offers from us and Ole Miss.....something isnt aligning

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I hope Corral does good. He really seemed to want to be a gator and he tried to recruit talent to come here. Its not his fault he doesnt really fit here. I do find it odd that he decided to go to ole piss. I would have thought several people would have been recruiting him.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I still cant shake the fact that he only had two committable offers from us and Ole Miss.....something isnt aligning

Don’t forget he was a USC commit also. Once he committed he shut down his recruitment and posted it all over social media. He was all Gator and recruiting for UF like mad. At the 11th hour we left him at the alter. Bama was afraid to offer and lose EJ.

There could be some background issue that scared some away but nothing has ever been confirmed. He certainly seemed to be a stand up guy and leader when he was our commit. I guess time will tell. He reminds me so much of Rex maybe he also likes to party.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.