The National Signing Day Thread

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
That's big for Quay Walker to swing by Gainesville and then flip his official to the last weekend before signing day.

I'm starting to think it's the following:
1. WR Jacob Copeland
2. WR Justin Watkins
3. OL Richard Gouraige
4. OL NPF, Will Barnes, Ed Montilus, or Christian Meadows
5. DT Noah Jefferson (JUCO)
6. DT Malcolm Lamar, Coynis Miller, or Nesta Silvera
7. DE Dorian Gerald (JUCO)
8. DE Andrew Chatfield, Chauncey Manac (JUCO), Jamarcus Chatman, Caleb Tannor, or Malik Langham
9. LB Quay Walker or Xavier Peters
10. DB Olaijah Griffin or Mario Goodrich
I thought we're trying to get walker and peters?

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
That's big for Quay Walker to swing by Gainesville and then flip his official to the last weekend before signing day.

1. WR Jacob Copeland
2. WR Justin Watkins
3. OL Richard Gouraige
8. DE Andrew Chatfield, Chauncey Manac (JUCO), Jamarcus Chatman, Caleb Tannor, or Malik Langham
This sounds like he has decided the good guys and moved it to recruit the big boys on the 2nd. Or my inner pumper hopes

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

1. WR Jacob Copeland
2. WR Justin Watkins
3. OL Richard Gouraige

If we get Barnes we also get Montilus, which I'm totally fine with.

We NEED a freshman DL in this class (and another LB).

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
I thought we're trying to get walker and peters?

They certainly wouldn't turn either of them down...I just think it's unlikely to think that both will flip to us. We could also take a third receiver if one wants in (Tommy Bush, Jalen Preston, or Justyn Ross). I don't think we are likely to get any of those three though at this point. Let's see what happens after they visit. Remember, Trevon Grimes and Van Jefferson are outside receiving threats while guys like Jacob Copeland and Justin Watkins are definitely going to be in that slot/Percy-type spot.

We'll take any linebackers that want in off of my list. I'd honestly say the same about the DT board as well. This is what I've got currently (in order of most likely):

WR- Jacob Copeland, Justin Watkins, Anthony Schwartz, Tommy Bush, Justyn Ross, Jalen Preston
OL- Richard Gouraige, Will Barnes, Ed Montilus, NPF, Christian Meadows
DT- Noah Jefferson, Malcolm Lamar, Coynis Miller, Nesta Silvera
DE- Dorian Gerald, Chauncey Manac, Jamarcus Chatman, Malik Langham, Andrew Chatfield
LB- Quay Walker, Xavier Peters
DB- Olaijah Griffin, Mario Goodrich, Nikko Hall, Patrick Surtain, Tyson Campbell

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from TOS):

Andre Rison's son to transfer from Michigan State and wants to play in the SEC. He says he wasn't comfortable in their offense and hes looking for a better fit. (The radio interview is by Andre Rison but the things he says about his kid come across as very entitled- jmo)

He played in 12 games as a true freshman recording 19 catches for 224 yards. Hunter was a 4 star WR out of Ann Arbor

The kicker here is that Dan Mullen and company really wanted Hunter last year. (MISS ST offered him) Hunter has a very good relationship with Mullen and it's possible that Hunter will reach out to Dan.

He was offered by Bama, UCLA, Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, Oklahoma, Miami, etc...

MSU's QB Messiah deWeaver has transferred to "Last Chance U" (East Mississippi CC)

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2018/01/michigan_state_wr_hunter_rison.html

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
(from TOS):

Andre Rison's son to transfer from Michigan State and wants to play in the SEC. He says he wasn't comfortable in their offense and hes looking for a better fit. (The radio interview is by Andre Rison but the things he says about his kid come across as very entitled- jmo)

He played in 12 games as a true freshman recording 19 catches for 224 yards. Hunter was a 4 star WR out of Ann Arbor

The kicker here is that Dan Mullen and company really wanted Hunter last year. (MISS ST offered him) Hunter has a very good relationship with Mullen and it's possible that Hunter will reach out to Dan.

He was offered by Bama, UCLA, Ohio State, Michigan, Auburn, Oklahoma, Miami, etc...

MSU's QB Messiah deWeaver has transferred to "Last Chance U" (East Mississippi CC)

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2018/01/michigan_state_wr_hunter_rison.html

#4and5StarTransferWRU

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
(from TOS):

This reads like a stage parent giving his son bad advice. I’d want my kid to tough it out and earn his PT. There’s too little here to firm a set opinion, but given Andre’s diva history I’d be careful about inviting that sense of entitlement into the program.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, we need sky-high change that's firmament.
Sometimes.... I can read a post... and not even have to look at the name. It’s one of those, “only ‘Rog would speak like that moments.” Actually..... I think ALL of your posts are like that.... NTTAWWT. I’m just saying....

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Grimes is a 5*
You know whats crazy is that this reminded me of Lemons. Kid was considered one of the top 2-3 backs in high school, the best player in florida, up unitl he started getting in trouble and missing games. He dropped like a rock in the ratings but his talent is still there and we saw it in small amounts this year. I only mention because Grimes got injured and dropped in the rankings at least on 247 from 5 to 4 star. But lemons is a bonified 5 star talent we need to take advantage of

Last edited:

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Good for him. Someone's gotta count the tickets at the entry to the big top.
If he’s using the same math Miami uses to count their attendance.... he’ll be out of his circus job and in “short order” be back on fries !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator