The National Signing Day Thread

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
You've worked in S&C before, would you say it would be better to recruit a 280lber that can move in hopes of adding some weight without sacrificing much quickness, or better to recruit a 300-310 guy in the hopes he may gain a step?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You've worked in S&C before, would you say it would be better to recruit a 280lber that can move in hopes of adding some weight without sacrificing much quickness, or better to recruit a 300-310 guy in the hopes he may gain a step?
We are Florida. We should be able to sign 300 lb Pounceys who are both big and fast. We shouldnt be getting third tier dudes.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Bamma

giphy.gif
Awesomeness personified.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are Florida. We should be able to sign 300 lb Pounceys who are both big and fast. We shouldnt be getting third tier dudes.
Yes in theory but Pounceys are NFL Pro bowlers...that type of talent isn't just readily available every year right in your back yard

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
I agree completely. But I don't want to completely whiff in a transition class either. I'll take a project or two vs an empty cupboard any day. He doesn't pan out, he gets processed. Simple as that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If I remember correctly. Markice was a 4* and Mike was a 3*. No doubt they killed it though. Just saying it can be hard to project OL into college.

You remember incorrectly. They were both four stars. I believe top 15 at their positions.

And of course the dreadnaughts were dominant state champions that year. Believe we got seven from the school that year.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think bama has a legit shot at NPF...his family values education to much to send him there i think. It's shaping up to be a UF/ND/OSU battle for him and nobody seems to know. UF insiders seems split on him...Redman, Alderman, and Stampini have him in their class while HIgdon does not. OSU guy thinks UF is their biggest challenge while i think ND also views UF as their biggest challenge when it could be UF running 3rd to those guys. Nobody seems to know what this kid will do. If education is the most important thing and distance isn't a factor then it's ND. If relationships to coaches are the most important thing then it's OSU. If education and distance are somewhat equally important than it's UF.

I hope this comment about academics is accurate. My experience has been that the kids that talk about education the most are the ones the least likely to sign with a school that even makes them go to class.
He will probably sign with Alabama, major in family sciences or kinesiology (PE) and then leave early for the NFL.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hope this comment about academics is accurate. My experience has been that the kids that talk about education the most are the ones the least likely to sign with a school that even makes them go to class.
He will probably sign with Alabama, major in family sciences or kinesiology (PE) and then leave early for the NFL.
I believe NPF is supposed to be legitimately smart. I forget what his mother does, but it's supposed to be fairly high level. I think he wants a good education and I don't see him at Bama. To me, the weather in Columbus will make the difference. Either he hates it or can deal with it. Very hard to project what he's thinking though. Also don't know what he wants to major in, which will make a difference also.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You remember incorrectly. They were both four stars. I believe top 15 at their positions.

And of course the dreadnaughts were dominant state champions that year. Believe we got seven from the school that year.
You are wrong, J. On Rivals one (I think it was Maurkice) was a three star. Very odd. Kind of thing you can't forget on several levels: twins, very highly recruited, etc. If the record is now different, it changed after they were recruited.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As I said in the other post, one was a three star when recruited. The sites, particularly Rivals, corrects their mistakes late in the game.
The intellectually challenged believe Law wins because they believe crap, as you have just done.
You do realize that rating are fluid and do not change after NSD. You going to call Corral a 5* or Jake Allen a 4*. Because they were at one point in time. Spikes was a 4* when he committed to us. So was he a 4* or 5*? Wait that's not a question, he's a 5*, because we signed him as a 5*.

As for your assertion about the Pounceys being twins and so on. Mike stayed an extra year to improve his draft status, because his brother was higher rated coming out of UF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator