The National Signing Day Thread

Discussion in 'Main Sports Forum' started by BMF, Apr 18, 2017.

1. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,631
    Ratings:
    +7,049 / -81
    If you look at both the DUAL and PRO, there isn't a single 5-star. That can't be accurate, right? Regardless, thanks for doing the research. The Pro list is weak, but the Dual list had some solid QBs (2 Heisman winners; Mariotta, and Manziel, plus Braxton Miller and Brett Hundley).

2. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Gator - Jedi - Pumper
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $418
    Ratings:
    +489 / -61
    This is why you're such a catch. No need to humiliate or emasculate your man. Plus, Sammiches!

3. Swamp Donkey

Swamp Donkey 98.2% sarcasm 1.8% full of shyt
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    What do you mean? Of course it is accurate. There isnt a guarantee of x number of 5 stars at any position. Five stars are guys who are projected to be gamechangers with a fairly high certainty and none ofnthose guys were (accurately predicted).

Miller.... yeah, a mediocre WR. :lmao2:

4. CaseyGator

CaseyGator Ox’s Favorite Poster
    Supporting Member

Oxbucks:
    $281
    Ratings:
    +236 / -2
    Keep the sammiches on the down low.

5. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    :rolleyes4:

6. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,631
    Ratings:
    +7,049 / -81
    First off, Miller was a great college QB. As good as Tebow was (and you could do the laughing gif for Tebow's post-college career).

What do I mean? Well, I find it hard to believe there wasn't a single 5-star QB in the 2011 class. Recruiting services LOVE QBs, most of their 5-stars are QBs (and skill players). So, I simply asked (I didn't doubt you)....just asked if it was accurate (i.e. is there another list somewhere?). I'm sure other services had at least ONE 5-star QB.

7. SamIamGator92

SamIamGator92 Gator - Jedi - Pumper
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $418
    Ratings:
    +489 / -61
    I guess you can't troll the Troll. You're the best Swonky.

8. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    Yeah..... if you like scoring 17 points, he was great.

I only look at rivals. Scout (now 247) is crap and ESPN (basically interns) is a total joke. Dont think any other services have survived. I dont subscribe or look at either.

Rivals is very southeast focused though, but for us thats all that matters.

9. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    Im pretty experienced at this.

10. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,631
    Ratings:
    +7,049 / -81
    Huh?

In 2.5 years as the starting QB he accounted for 84 TD's. That's a little more than 17 ppg. But I get it. You prefer Driskel....

11. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    He is trash. He made half the big ten games close well into the 4th quarter even though OSU had twice the talents at least. Less than 2000 yards lassing and 1.5 TDs per game , huh? Yeah.

He was, at best, the 3rd best QB on that roster, and I even doubt third. It is a good thing Creyer finally figured it out.

12. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,631
    Ratings:
    +7,049 / -81
    You're right, I'm wrong. Braxton Miller was terrible and should have never stepped foot on the field. What was Meyer thinking? He's lucky he didn't get run out of Columbus....

13. Swamp Donkey

Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,129
    Ratings:
    +29,175 / -625
    If Braxton Miller HADNT gotten hurt, Ole Creyer wouldnt have figured out he had two good QBs on the bench behind his fvkking running hybrid Braxton Miller and would have never won a championship.

He is slow sometimes, but even Ole Creyer eventually figgered it out. He is so stuck on who runs the fastest.

14. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,631
    Ratings:
    +7,049 / -81
    Dude, I already said you were right and I was wrong. Meyer is lucky to still have a job playing that fvkking running hybrid non-QB playing MoFo Braxton Miller!! What a bum! What was Ole Creyer thinking???? 84 touchdowns in 2.5 years....pfffft!

15. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,279
    Ratings:
    +7,552 / -36
    I swear Case, you quack me up.

16. T REX

T REX Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $761
    Ratings:
    +5,134 / -276
    Zero? Never said zero or anything close to that. Meyer has won big at Bowling Green, Utah, Florida and now OSU. He's won everywhere and had those exciting offenses WITHOUT Mullen. I cannot say the same for Mullen. Not sure what you want me to say? Mullen did well when he was here as OC? To give him anything more than that is taking away from Meyer(hate the guy but mad props for being an all-time great coach). I saw someone say Mullen is Meyer's best protege...I think Herman ends up with that title. Just MHO.

17. BMF

BMF Junior Member
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $1,631
    Ratings:
    +7,049 / -81
    Herman worked for Meyer for 3 years (at OSU). Calling him one of Meyer's protege's is like calling Charlie Strong or Dan McCarney one of his protege's. Herman came to OSU after being a proven successful assistant coach at half a dozen stops. Mullen was literally a GA at ND and worked w/ Meyer who gave him his first non-GA D1 job at BGSU.

Meyer won "big" at Bowling Green, going 8-3 and 9-3 - finishing 3rd in division both years? That's similar to the record Mullen has at a Bowling Green type program (MSU) - a middling team in their own conference. Meyer didn't really "win big" until he got to Utah, his second head coaching job. Mullen's problem is he should have left MSU a long time ago....like after the 2014 season when he "won big".

I wasn't a huge fan of this hire either, but I'm willing to accept that he's doing everything he can to improve OUR team/program. He's been a head coach for 10 recruiting classes and just beat his best class by 4 spots in his first year here! That's impressive. He's got a lot of work to do after Foley sank our program. So I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

18. ATXGator

ATXGator Austin Gator
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $480
    Ratings:
    +3,990 / -48
    I don't think we disagree. I give Mullen credit for the success he had at Florida. I expect you and I differ in what we consider success at Miss St. I don't consider Miss St. a school that can get the type of athlete that Florida can, so you have to change your offense to run what can be successful with the players you get. I expect that is more of a running offense. I think he will be more balanced at UF. That doesn't mean 50/50, but maybe more 55/45 than 60/40... with that said... I don't care if he runs the ball 100% of the time if it works.

I think it is too early to crown Herman as top protege, but I think now that Herman is at UT and Mullen is at UF you will have a true comparison between how each of them can perform at a top 5 type job.

19. BruceWayne

BruceWayne Well-Known Member

Oxbucks:
    $60
    Ratings:
    +291 / -21
    Gotta agree with this here. Rivals by default has always been the best. Scout always needed updating. It was like they were always months behind with info. 247 is a composite. But how good is a composite that's using bad info. Espn just seems like it's too big to notice what's really happening on a smaller scale. It's like they just copy the info on the big names and the rest doesn't matter.

20. Slevin

Slevin GCMB’s Sweet Prince
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $2,476
    Ratings:
    +4,717 / -73
    Yes. 247 said they were going to let the qbs duke it out this year for 5-4 star status. Jalon Jones is our top target and his low rating has a lot to do with that.

Jones is a more refined Lamar Jackson at the same stage. Kid is a baller and a future star