The National Signing Day Thread

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is from one of the 247 writers:

Florida only really looking to take 1 LB recruit this class.

4-star Chaning Tindall and 3-star LB David Reese are the two names that UF has been most involved with at this point.

---

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

4-star Chaning Tindall and 3-star LB David Reese are the two names that UF has been most involved with at this point.

---
would really prefer at least 2.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chatfield is listed as a LB on Rivals. Are they thinking they'll recruit a hybrid and thus not be a LB?

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Aren't we on commitment watch for Copeland today?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. Aren't we also in on Pope? And Burney, at 6'1 215 is very likely a LB before it's all said and done.
He is one we are thought to be chasing, but I don't know how "in" we are with him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Agree. Aren't we also in on Pope? And Burney, at 6'1 215 is very likely a LB before it's all said and done.
The last thing we need are more outside LBs.

We need beef for inside, several. But we have like eight guys stacked up waiting to play Sam LB or to put on 25-30 lbs and move to Mike or Will.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On a side note, I did a somewhat optimistic class calculator and got a 299.72, which would be good enough for 4th last year. I put Parsons and Tyreke in the class, which may be pushing it, but I also see Thorton, Russell, and Chase getting an extra star. I also have Campbell and Silvera in the class, but I think they are starting to lean that way a little. If Marco and TJ play well this year, we could get them pretty easy I think.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
I don't think he's committing today. He's filming today. Knowing these kids there's going to be some editing involved so I highly doubt he'll have it done today unless it's an iPhone video

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think he's committing today. He's filming today. Knowing these kids there's going to be some editing involved so I highly doubt he'll have it done today unless it's an iPhone video
Gotcha, I thought they filmed some during FNL

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
MaxPreps released its Top 25 high school football teams heading into the 2017 season. The list features several teams from the state of Florida as well as teams with Florida Gators recruits on their roster. Here is a look at some of those teams to make the cut.

At No. 3 in the nation is Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, which is home to Florida offensive guard commit Curtis Dunlap as well as many 2019 targets. IMG Academy has quickly become one of the national powers in high school football.

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas checks in at No. 5. Jaden Davis, a 2019 cornerback for St. Thomas Aquinas, has a Florida offer and visited Gainesville for Friday Night Lights.

Florida five-star quarterback commit Matt Corralwill lead Long Beach (Calif.) Poly this fall, who checks in at No. 10 in the country. Poly has produced several NFL players over the years.

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage is ranked No. 12, and features many Florida targets. Wide receiver Anthony Schwartz, cornerbacks Patrick Surtain Jr. and Tyson Campbell, as well as defensive lineman Nesta Silvera and Andrew Chatfield all call American Heritage home.

Florida safety commit Randy Russell plays for Miami (Fla.) Carol City, who ranks No. 17 in the nation.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016

---

I guess so we'll have room to take 7 WRs. Lol

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Chatfield is listed as a LB on Rivals. Are they thinking they'll recruit a hybrid and thus not be a LB?

I've seen Chatfield listed as both a linebacker and a DE. But I always thought he was more of a linebacker. So who knows.

We are basically trying to close on American heritage. Like we did with Lakeland in 2007.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
When he originally said it, I took it to mean he would be announcing today...I will have to see if I can find it again

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
MaxPreps released its Top 25 high school football teams heading into the 2017 season. The list features several teams from the state of Florida as well as teams with Florida Gators recruits on their roster. Here is a look at some of those teams to make the cut.

At No. 3 in the nation is Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy, which is home to Florida offensive guard commit Curtis Dunlap as well as many 2019 targets. IMG Academy has quickly become one of the national powers in high school football.

Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas checks in at No. 5. Jaden Davis, a 2019 cornerback for St. Thomas Aquinas, has a Florida offer and visited Gainesville for Friday Night Lights.

Florida five-star quarterback commit Matt Corralwill lead Long Beach (Calif.) Poly this fall, who checks in at No. 10 in the country. Poly has produced several NFL players over the years.

Plantation (Fla.) American Heritage is ranked No. 12, and features many Florida targets. Wide receiver Anthony Schwartz, cornerbacks Patrick Surtain Jr. and Tyson Campbell, as well as defensive lineman Nesta Silvera and Andrew Chatfield all call American Heritage home.

Florida safety commit Randy Russell plays for Miami (Fla.) Carol City, who ranks No. 17 in the nation.

See post #1103

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.