Founding Member
1. Copeland
2. Gouraige
3. NPF
4. McDowell
5. Chatfield
6. Boykin
7. Johnson

I think we close with those 7...wild cards for me are Gerald (Gator if admissions will take him) Silvera (i think sticks with miami) and maybe Lamar or Tannor...

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
1. Copeland
2. Gouraige
3. NPF
4. McDowell
5. Chatfield
6. Boykin
7. Johnson

I think we close with those 7...wild cards for me are Gerald (Gator if admissions will take him) Silvera (i think sticks with miami) and maybe Lamar or Tannor...
I think we get lamar. Its been said hes never liked fsu but likes taggart. He is a life long gator fan too. So i think we win out

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
What is crazy. Last year this time we closed strong and most Gators saw sunshine and lollipops. This year it looks like we are going to close twice as well in a transition class. Mullen is making a statement on how terrible Mac was.

CTGator

Nov 16, 2017
What is crazy. Last year this time we closed strong and most Gators saw sunshine and lollipops. This year it looks like we are going to close twice as well in a transition class. Mullen is making a statement on how terrible Mac was.
Gator fans just saw the glare off butters teeth

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
It was still alarming the class was dictated on three guys that could have not qualified: lemons, robinson and slaton. If they dont qualify the class was probdbly not top 25.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's a hell of a list...but I can see - at most - 7 of those 11 coming....at most.

Additionally, even if Mike and Harkless wash out (leave/transfer/quit/get asked to leave) we can't bring in more than the 25 "initial counters". We're up against the wall on that. (I think, not 100% sure), but 11 would be the MAX we could go no matter how many leave before the fall. I'm expecting Russell to not count against our "initial counters" also, in this scenario.

I still have not heard a definitive on the initial counter rule. Do our EE’s count back or not? Has there been a ruling on if Russell will count as a counter in either situation?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I still have not heard a definitive on the initial counter rule. Do our EE’s count back or not? Has there been a ruling on if Russell will count as a counter in either situation?

In reading TOS (multiple), there seems to be an agreement that we can't take more than 24 "initial counters" in this class (I believe the two WR transfers count as "initial counters" - not 100% sure how that works though). So I'm guessing we can't take more than 10 more, but I'm not sure what Russell's status is (if he counts or not). But we've seen many schools "get creative" in this process, so I'm thinking that we'll take an extra 1 or 2 if Mullen really wants the kid.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Copeland is an attention whore. The guy worries me.

He likes the spotlight. Then again he is often in the spotlight which is why he is coveted by many. I’ve asked many questions about this kid and the only negative response I’ve gotten from anyone is that he is enjoying this recruiting period too much. Apparently nobody has discovered anything else negative in the classroom, on the field or in the locker room.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
He likes the spotlight. Then again he is often in the spotlight which is why he is coveted by many. I’ve asked many questions about this kid and the only negative response I’ve gotten from anyone is that he is enjoying this recruiting period too much. Apparently nobody has discovered anything else negative in the classroom, on the field or in the locker room.
Only thing I've see that causes concern is a tweet he made saying he was a "gangsta" and wouldn't change his lifestyle.. But I don't really speak twitter, can't interpret 1 in 5 of them, so I don't know how serious that is... Definitely requires a lot of attention...

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Honestly, Marine, your post makes me feel a lot better about him.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
To be honest, with Grimes and Jefferson on campus, WR becomes less of a need. On the other hand we need Copeland just to show we went toe to toe with Bama and landed a recruit.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to worked up over a transition class either way. Next year will be telling.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It was still alarming the class was dictated on three guys that could have not qualified: lemons, robinson and slaton. If they dont qualify the class was probdbly not top 25.

yeah I started to right that it was a mediocre at best class and didn't have the game changers were used to. the next two classes were actually worse. the 2019 and 2020 classes were only rated highly because we had a lot of early commits. it was still mostly 3-star U.

fat stupid and lazy is no way to go through life.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
To be honest, with Grimes and Jefferson on campus, WR becomes less of a need. On the other hand we need Copeland just to show we went toe to toe with Bama and landed a recruit.
We already did that with EJ but two would be nice, no doubt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's hard to worked up over a transition class either way. Next year will be telling.
if the class were falling apart I really wouldn't be too concerned given that it is a transition class. that being said it's a great class for a transition class and will probably be better than anything Butters ever put together. and yet there are concerns like inside linebackers.

you're right the second year is the one that will tell us about this staff but a little optimism wouldn't hurt even you.

SCColaGator

Dec 31, 2016
yeah I started to right that it was a mediocre at best class and didn't have the game changers were used to. the next two classes were actually worse. the 2019 and 2020 classes were only rated highly because we had a lot of early commits. it was still mostly 3-star U.

fat stupid and lazy is no way to go through life.
It does seem Mullen recruits >=4* indviduals. Any 3*s seem to be back up plans or niche guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator