The Next Commissioner of MLB will be...

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
"The one constant through all the years has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." James Earl Jones in Field of Dreams (1989)

The next commissioner of baseball has some deep thinking to do about complex and divisive issues. These may or may not be issues that the incumbent has been mishandling, but it is clear that Mr. Bud Selig is not capable of such high level thought processes as are required of the position. He is unpopular with the players and has made some dunderheaded decisions that have splintered his fan-based loyalty. (See: MLB All-Star Game.) Nor is he especially non-partisan; he does own a team. And he is 81. While 80 may be the new 70, there isn't much swag in either number.

In other words, his days as Commissioner Emeritus of Baseball are numbered. He is walking on air with no firm foundation for the steps ahead of him.

One doesn’t need to ask The Amazing Kreskin what is coming. The game needs not an “owners’ lackey;" it needs an impartial statesman on the order of Bowie Kuhn (or perhaps Bob Costas) to right the ship and set the course of MLB for the new millennium.

That is a tall order, but we happen to have an ex-politician, ex-baseball man in semi-retirement.

Read more...

Last edited:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Why would the owners hire anybody but a lackey?

Alex.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I don't follow a sport that has no consistent rules. Each field has different dimensions, each umpire has a different strike zone and you can break every record in the book while juicing up and everyone cheers.

With that said, I assume they will hire the nephew of one of the owners.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry, I don't follow a sport that has no consistent rules. Each field has different dimensions, each umpire has a different strike zone and you can break every record in the book while juicing up and everyone cheers.

With that said, I assume they will hire the nephew of one of the owners.
I don't follow MLB either - but you missed some fun by not clicking that link. I think it will be a retired politician. Just sayin'...

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I think I'll put in an application. I don't know much about baseball, but Bud doesn't either. So I'm just as qualified.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I only ask because 1. Rob Manfred is the current Commissioner of MLB and 2. the OP sounds like it was written during a bad acid trip.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I only ask because 1. Rob Manfred is the current Commissioner of MLB and 2. the OP sounds like it was written during a bad acid trip.
Let's start with 2. The OP hasn't seen much acid other than Hydrochloric, Boric or Muriatic since long before his wedding (his oldest child passed 30 this year). In fact, he cleans windows and such with Swifter wipes.

On to 1. Had you bothered to read you would have seen a time/date stamp on the blog. You then would possibly have noted that the OP had written the piece at precisely the time MLB would have been scratching their heads about a next commissioner. Had you read even a couple paragraphs beyond the intro, you would have realized ('cause you are smart like that, Gator fan!) that not only was it satire, it we freakin' funny. That's my take on what the f*ck actually happened there. Of course, that is just my take.

Last edited:

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Let's start with 2. The OP hasn't seen much acid other than Hydrochloric, Boric or Muriatic since long before his wedding (his oldest child passed 30 this year). In fact, he cleans windows and such with Swifter wipes.

On to 1. Had yo bothered to read you would have seen a time/date stamp on the blog. You then would possibly have noted that the OP had written the piece at precisely the time MLB would have been scratching their heads about a next commissioner. Had you read even a couple paragraphs beyond the intro, you would have realized ('cause you are smart like that, Gator fan!) that not only was it satire, it we freakin' funny. That's my take on what the f*ck actually happened there. Of course, that is just my take.
Well I clicked on the link and it took me to a login page for Word Press, sooooo..............unless you wanted me to read the login page, I think the message got lost in there somewhere.

srivet

Founding Member
Just another fan
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics