The next wave I expect to pop

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That second class had a lot of potential until Grier took a shyt. The post Grier suspension recruiting job was crap.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That second class had a lot of potential until Grier took a shyt. The post Grier suspension recruiting job was crap.
Just to be clear, you think Grier was the reason the first three classes sucked, not poor coaches?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm curious. Why would you expect them to start if all the previous 3 stars are really SEC quality starters?

What are you talking about? We've already had a large majority of them start....plus it's only his second class so I'm not sure who all the "previous 3 stars" are.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just to be clear, you think Grier was the reason the first three classes sucked, not poor coaches?
@GatorJ got it. That class had so much momentum until the offense completely fell apart, after the Grier suspension. I know a lot of you forget how much buzz the team had, but it did. The Ole Miss win was huge.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Players are recruited to start. Not to get PT.

Here are the players will never even see the field unless we have a disaster in injuries:

Jordan Smith- Too early to tell. I actually thought he looked pretty good in the 16' spring game. Disagree
McArthur Bennett- Haven't been impressed, and tend to agree
Kyle Trask- Tend to agree. Though I like him more than Morningwood as a 3rd teamer.
Christopher McWilliams- Freed the scholarship. Bit of a reach, agreed.

And here are the players who AREN'T SEC level starters but will get a little bit of PT:

Putu- Decent ST player. Not a great cover guy. Don't see him playing much.
Rick Wells- Disagree. Way too early to call it either way

Then there are a bunch of players Who are projects with potential:

Franks- good prospect.
Polite- Really good prospect
Jeawon Taylor- Guess we will find out early this year.
Lenton- Likely a career backup

What is that? Half the class?

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Woohoo. We turned a thread about all our potential recruits into one about how bad Mac sucks. Leave it to this board. lol

All some on this board think about is knocking
Mac. If he wins six SEC championships and
three NCGs, they will tell you how lucky we were while playing under a sorry coach. Most of them have never played one down of football.
It will be very interesting to see where they go
when Mac proves he can coach. They don't realize how WM almost destroyed our program.
So far he has done remarkably well.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All some on this board think about is knocking
Mac. If he wins six SEC championships and
three NCGs, they will tell you how lucky we were while playing under a sorry coach. Most of them have never played one down of football.
It will be very interesting to see where they go
when Mac proves he can coach. They don't realize how WM almost destroyed our program.
So far he has done remarkably well.

I don't understand this. I think Mac had a really good year 1 with what he was given; however, in year 2 there was 0 improvement. Recruiting class was OK offensively but lacking defensively. Offense was still horrid during the season. Lost the streak to UT which included giving up 38 unanswered points. Blown out by Arkansas. Couldn't score against FSU and was destroyed by Bama in an embarrassing fashion. It's one thing to go 9-4 with close losses and its very different when all 4 losses are blowouts. Coaches are suppose to field a better team in their second year, but Mac didn't do that. It's hard to put confidence in a guy that isn't showing improvement.

Granted things have started to look better this year. Good bowl win, good recovery on recruiting with a decent class, upgraded some of his assistants (even though he kept two bad ones) and had a great start to recruiting for next year. I think Mac has done a good job in 2017 so far, but there is still the season left. If he fields a good offense, beats our rivals (most of them at least), and doesn't have blowout losses, then I'll consider this an improved year. But if the offense still stinks and we keep getting blown out, then he didn't do anything to earn support.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
I don't understand this. I think Mac had a really good year 1 with what he was given; however, in year 2 there was 0 improvement. Recruiting class was OK offensively but lacking defensively. Offense was still horrid during the season. Lost the streak to UT which included giving up 38 unanswered points. Blown out by Arkansas. Couldn't score against FSU and was destroyed by Bama in an embarrassing fashion. It's one thing to go 9-4 with close losses and its very different when all 4 losses are blowouts. Coaches are suppose to field a better team in their second year, but Mac didn't do that. It's hard to put confidence in a guy that isn't showing improvement.

Granted things have started to look better this year. Good bowl win, good recovery on recruiting with a decent class, upgraded some of his assistants (even though he kept two bad ones) and had a great start to recruiting for next year. I think Mac has done a good job in 2017 so far, but there is still the season left. If he fields a good offense, beats our rivals (most of them at least), and doesn't have blowout losses, then I'll consider this an improved year. But if the offense still stinks and we keep getting blown out, then he didn't do anything to earn support.

What if we get blown out 65-45 ?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I popped last night.:naughty:

:shocked2:

so............ I hesitate to ask. However, Ive never been measured before.
since you hate women so much what do you think about while you are popping yourself?

Im not sure I want to know the answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.