The next wave I expect to pop

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
John Capel

Not a fair comparison. Capel was fast but not very athletic. All he could do was run straight. Plus, he had terrible hands. Some years ago, in an interview, he admitted he just wasn't very good. Schwartz is fast, shifty, good body control, and is actually very physical even though he's light (172). I think this comes from being a tough safety. The only downside is weight and technique which is normal for WRs entering college.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not a fair comparison. Capel was fast but not very athletic. All he could do was run straight. Plus, he had terrible hands. Some years ago, in an interview, he admitted he just wasn't very good. Schwartz is fast, shifty, good body control, and is actually very physical even though he's light (172). I think this comes from being a tough safety. The only downside is weight and technique which is normal for WRs entering college.
The point was that speed is just speed. He was just dropped almost 80 spots because he doesn't know how to play WR at a high level. I'm just simply saying we could probably get a better receiver if we wanted to. Hall is a real possibility and I doubt the door is shut on Pope given the way Miami screws the pooch

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The point was that speed is just speed. He was just dropped almost 80 spots because he doesn't know how to play WR at a high level. I'm just simply saying we could probably get a better receiver if we wanted to. Hall is a real possibility and I doubt the door is shut on Pope given the way Miami screws the pooch

I'd be very surprised if we get Pope as well. Hall is in play obviously because of his talent and relationship with Corral, but I don't know how you'd sell Pope on PT here over Miami with Chase and Copeland coming in as well. Call me biased, but I don't think Pope is better than Chase, Copeland, or Hall.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn't Capel Florida "Mr Football" and considered the most coveted of players?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be very surprised if we get Pope as well. Hall is in play obviously because of his talent and relationship with Corral, but I don't know how you'd sell Pope on PT here over Miami with Chase and Copeland coming in as well. Call me biased, but I don't think Pope is better than Chase, Copeland, or Hall.

I don't either

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
95% chance Surtain goes to LSU. But we made his top six.

The only way we'd have a shot is to get him on campus a few more times with other members of the class. Maybe he'd catch the fever and switch. Less than 1% chance of that

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only way we'd have a shot is to get him on campus a few more times with other members of the class. Maybe he'd catch the fever and switch. Less than 1% chance of that
I think it's a less than 1% chance he ends up anywhere but LSU

emr25

Nov 18, 2015
I came in here expecting to read about more suspensions from the misleading thread title!

cb09c9debdf255a0cace5af0e1a18850.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

emr25

Nov 18, 2015
You might be new around here. This thread is old as Moses. It's a thread about the next recruits expected to commit.

Just making light of the situation with a joke.

Seems like a new "wave" of suspensions have been "popping" every week for the past month!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Just making light of the situation with a joke.

Seems like a new "wave" of suspensions have been "popping" every week for the past month!

You're welcome to change the theme of the thread....just start posting about upcoming suspensions and post nothing about recruits and BAM, there you have it! New thread theme!!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The next wave I expect to pop.
4da8ac7660ba71105617683235b1ff9f.jpg

Funny thing is....someone pointed out two weeks ago that Wells isn't in that picture. Makes you wonder how long they've known....

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
next wave i expect to pop is more hot piss tests...

Funny thing is....someone pointed out two weeks ago that Wells isn't in that picture. Makes you wonder how long they've known....
and this goes back to what ive been saying since this started, lot of chronological evidence and more mounting that says Mac's folksy "aww shucks we're just finding out about this and were handling it appropriately" comments are total BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator