The offense is a mess and it will take time to recover

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Chomper;n85624 said:
What galls me more than anything was Muschamp making a scapegoat out of Brent Pease and the fact that so many people bought into it, willingly believing that Kurt Roper would somehow cure all the offensive woes. The problem was not Pease, nor Weiss and is not Roper. We know where the problem is. Sad thing is, many of us have been saying it for the past two years: FIRE MUSCHAMP -- NOW!!

The problem is they were hired by the same guy. Pease is still a bad offensive coordinator, his track record shows that. Roper had no real track record without Cutcliffe. Weis is Weis and actually fit what Muschamp claimed he wanted to do. But Egos are egos and Weis's ego and playcalling isn't for college football. They all deserve the axe and so does Muschamp.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
threatmatrix;n85856 said:
My God. What would it take for you to see Muschamp as a failure? How many more blowouts before you blame him? Please give me a number because apparently we are going to see it happen.

All it would take is for you and 812 to tell me that he's a failure, to tell me to blame him. Just say the word and I'll jump right in line, sir. After all, your opinions are all we need. Sorry I frustrated you so much that you had to petition a higher power for help.
:surrender:

:weep:

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;86954 said:
All it would take is for you and 812 to tell me that he's a failure, to tell me to blame him. Just say the word and I'll jump right in line, sir. After all, your opinions are all we need. Sorry I frustrated you so much that you had to petition a higher power for help. :surrender: :weep:
No, by all means euro, continue to make excuses for Muschamp. It's comical.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n86974 said:
No, by all means euro, continue to make excuses for Muschamp. It's comical.
How about you just ignore my posts and let me have discussions with those who find value in what I have to say?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n86494 said:
The problem is they were hired by the same guy. Pease is still a bad offensive coordinator, his track record shows that. Roper had no real track record without Cutcliffe. Weis is Weis and actually fit what Muschamp claimed he wanted to do. But Egos are egos and Weis's ego and playcalling isn't for college football. They all deserve the axe and so does Muschamp.

All 4 offenses Pease left as the OC didn't do any better the next year after his departure it appears unless we make a magical turnaround for the rest of the season. He wasn't a good OC but he was functional considering the places he was at.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;86981 said:
How about you just ignore my posts and let me have discussions with those who find value in what I have to say?
I will when this becomes Euro's Message Board.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
EuroGator;n86954 said:
All it would take is for you and 812 to tell me that he's a failure, to tell me to blame him. Just say the word and I'll jump right in line, sir. After all, your opinions are all we need. Sorry I frustrated you so much that you had to petition a higher power for help.
:surrender:

:weep:

You still haven't answered the question. For you, when does the blame lie with the head coach? Because anyone can make excuse forever but in reality at some point the blame lays with the head coach. I am just curious what that defining moment is for you.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n86984 said:
I will when this becomes Euro's Message Board.

You clearly don't understand how this message board is designed to work. Everyone here gets to share their opinions. Mine are valid. They elicit good conversation from plenty of people. If you don't like what I have to say, you can ignore it. If you choose not to, then you can spend your energy fretting or replying. Either way, won't bother me. I won't be seeing anything else you've got to say.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
EuroGator;87214 said:
You clearly don't understand how this message board is designed to work. Everyone here gets to share their opinions. Mine are valid. They elicit good conversation from plenty of people. If you don't like what I have to say, you can ignore it. If you choose not to, then you can spend your energy fretting or replying. Either way, won't bother me. I won't be seeing anything else you've got to say.
You went on record. Bully for you. Now no one else can dispute your word? Really? That's how this works? You said something, I commented there was no proof. I didn't know you couldn't be disagreed with. I missed that in the forum rules and guidelines. I also missed where my opinions were not valid. I assure you I will check that out most expeditiously. Until then, I'm sorry for my error Governor.

klgator

Jul 29, 2014
ATXGator;n85499 said:
Exactly... Redshirt Freshmen which means they sat a year learning the offense and protections, etc... Muschamp said that Treon can't even really change protections at all so that greatly limits his playcalling. I also think this is why Muschamp needs to get the kid more work and snaps!
What is there to learn by redshirting and studying our offense? There is no strategy to our offense; if there is, it's as vanilla as you can get.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
klgator;n87672 said:
What is there to learn by redshirting and studying our offense? There is no strategy to our offense; if there is, it's as vanilla as you can get.

The point is that the two previous heisman winners were redshirt freshman not true freshman so there is a difference between them and Treon or Will.

Gator charm

Founding Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Once, MushDawg has left the building the offense will begin to recover and with the right leadership it may not take long (re-Auburn last year).

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.